April 2017 Moms

Appointments 1.23-1.27

2»

Re: Appointments 1.23-1.27

• Since any time I've done the internals in my past pregnancies it's hurt and hasn't corresponded to any kind of labor action, all things considered I'd rather just keep my pants on by the end (with the exception of the strep b test - forgot about that little joy), but to each their own. It drives my mother insane that I don't have the dr's check! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah the internal is not very predictive of labor. I was 3cm dilated for about 6 weeks with my 1st. I had no idea. When the midwife asked to check, I was like sure go on in. It freaked me out when she told me that but, I went 40w4d with no issue. 
  • @MrsStuessy, I've always been told butt is standard for Rhogam. I've had it now 7 times and always in the butt. But, yes, I agree it hurts! My butt was sore all last night.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @MWoodside I guess it just depends on where you go. With DD1 I went to an OB and they gave it to me in the arm, without even given the option of the butt. This time I am with a Midwife and I think she would have just given it to me in the arm if I hadn't asked specifically. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well I guess I don't have GD bc they said no news is good news and they would call Friday if I have it. I'm going to call Monday to make sure though.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @carpediem55 - My anatomy scan was awful too! I can't even figure out where the baby is in the stills we got. There is one picture where the baby looks like a devil monster! That was the same visit where we learned the placenta had implanted low and my doctor said the "c" word. I got in the car after the appointment and ugly cried for like 20 minutes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker