July 2016 Moms
Options

UO 1/12

Late in the day, but since we did one last week...
Me: 28
DH: 29
Married: 7/4/15
TTC #1 since marriage
BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

Re: UO 1/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Heathereaddy I'm kinda with you, though it's not so much that I don't like animals as it is I don't like to deal with them too closely. I've always had pets and I like to play with tiny kittens or puppies but otherwise animals tend to irritate me unless they're leaving me alone. I'm scared of horses and large animals, I hate animal hair getting all over everything, I don't like petting dogs and then smelling like them....etc. Lol. I love my dog, but she also makes me never want to own another dog. She made me chase her around the neighborhood in the rain when I was home alone with the baby yesterday though, so I'm currently in a less dog-loving mood than usual maybe...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @arhodes6 YES to free range parenting!! 
  • Options
    @arhodes6- I think you would love Love and Logic books! They are all about natural consequences. I've read a few of their books and love them. 
  • Options
    @holly142 thanks I'm going to check them out! I feel like all I do is read baby books these days! I need a good book just for me that I can get lost in....
  • Options
    @FTM53 Ahh!! Me either. I was really starting to feel bad. I plan to read some focused on their toddler growth...but I haven't read anything for these stages. Probably why I ask so many questions! 

My U/O...I plan to put off buying anything Disney, cartoon, themed anything as long as possible. Honestly, if I really have it my way...forever! I think it's crazy paying almost double for the same type item and it all has such a short shelf life. Within a year it's yesterday's craze and not cool anymore. My sister gives me hope that it's possible, lol. My nieces have never worn a Frozen anything...even though it was all the rage during their toddler years. 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 good luck!! That will be hard, but definitely doable. DH and are huge Disney fans. We live nearby and go about once a month, so poor DS is often in Disney gear. I do plan on doing limited toys though and mostly creative ones (building blocks/legos, pretend play...) and limiting video games/tv time. 
  • Options
    Classic Mickey I can handle!! It's more the Hannah Montana, Dora, paw patrol...I'm not into the idea of buying a new sleeping bag, bedding...every year because she has something that's not cool anymore. Especially at this age. She doesn't know any different. Of course this is what I say now....hopefully it works, lol.
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 - Yes! I'm with you on that one.
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 I'm completely on board with that. Not the latest a greatest fad. 
  • Options
    @FTM53 Terry Pratchett is amazing! I read Small Gods and it completely changed my mindset on religion and hooked me on satire. Then I went back and started reading his books in order. 
  • Options
    @jennyleigh16 they are all great! You would probably really like Good Omens. It's by Terry Prachet and Neil goodman? Also an amazing book. 
  • Options
    @FTM53 I haven't read much lately that wasn't baby related and on my phone, but I'll check it out!