Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @SnarkasaurusRex Excuse my ignorance. I have never lived somewhere where it has snowed, let alone had the possibility of snow days. I just thought all schools had their school year "set" and then if there were snow days, they would tack on extra days at the end of the school year. Is this really not how it works? HAHA! Again, I'm ignorant. 
  • @SnarkasaurusRex 15 seems really excessive! My last school did something really similar to us. We were on an innovative calendar (4 day weeks) during the winter so they extended our school day to make up for those. Then when they discontinued the innovative calendar they never took out the 9 extra days that were added in as minutes. We were quite unhappy as a staff, so I understand your frustrations :(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KirstinH88 Some districts do it that way. I think that ours just knows that we're (usually) going to get snow and we're (usually) not going to be able to have it taken care of in time for schools to open, so they added the extra days in as a preventative measure. The last school district I worked for did it this way too, but we always got our days back at the end of the year.

@wagnerw It's so obscenely excessive and stems from an overreaction to the number of snow days we had to use 4 or 5 years ago when we had two super significant snowstorms that shut schools down for weeks. Back then they only budgeted 10, and that year we wound up using 20, so they took days off of our spring break, took out all of our remaining teacher workdays, and extended the school day. Then they figured out that the extended school day would add 5 days worth of time if they left them there all school year, so they left the extended school day (without extending our contract hours...in fact they actually cut our contract hours last year, which is part of why they don't have to give us time back if we don't use them). Whoever is in charge of scheduling our school year is a whackadoo...we go until the back end of June (when all of our testing, state and national, has to be done mid-May, so it's a waste of time for high school since our curriculum HAS to be done by then, and it's ridiculously hard to motivate kids to do stuff "just for fun!" for 6-8 weeks), and it's not like we have long holiday breaks in there...it's just a bunch of random days off here and there. It's so dumb. I miss my old district where we started in August and got out at the end of May like the rest of the country seems to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SnarkasaurusRex that sucks.  The town I live in tacks snow days on the end of the year, up to a week.  If they go over 5 snow days they take away other days off, like professional development or February vacation.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @HGRich the hedgehogs are so cute!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @HGRich mine should arrive tomorrow.. I've been hoping to get one of those swaddles and really hoping not to get a dud box (I spent a little too much time looking at reviews lol)
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @HappyAnjel whoa! That's crazy! 
  • @HappyAnjel I love that crinkle giraffe!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SnarkasaurusRex that sucks! My district will just take days that we currently have off and make them school days ( like spring break) and tack days onto the end of the year.  We are already scheduled to finish the year late so I am really hoping to not have any cancellations because it will force me to take more unpaid time off at the end of the year.
  • My random is I want to buy new shoes but my feet are already swollen/huge ankles and I want to wait to see if my feet will get any bigger again... Last pregnancy I went from 7 to 7.5 and had to purge my shoe collection.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @visualcircus I feel like my feet have shrunk. Is that a thing? Haha!
  • @cafedisco they actually named their kid Rowdy?? Why would you tempt fate like that!
    He's living up to it for sure.

In the past week, our school has also welcomed Bunny, Society and Baby Chica. I'm not one to side eye names at all, but these are pretty special.
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @SnarkasaurusRex you made me lol at work when I'm trying to hide my mobile bumping.  :D

@cafedisco I also lol'd at Rowdy. Oh my lord. Bunny I've actually heard before, but as a nickname. Society and Baby Chica....just no. Nooooooo. 
  • @SnarkasaurusRex Oh my! The whole time I was reading that I was thinking, "man, poor mom, she must be having a hard day." HAHAHAH!!!
    @cafedisco I used to work for a state department that saw a lot of baby names come by my desk. I've seen quite a number of crazy names. And yes, I side eye them all. How is Baby Chica going to feel when she is no longer a baby, but a 30 year old woman trying to find a legit job in the world?!?! Some people just don't use common sense...
  • @SnarkasaurusRex OMG I just about pee'd myself reading your comment! 
  • shaunessashaunessa member
    edited January 2017
    @SnarkasaurusRex Oh my! The whole time I was reading that I was thinking, "man, poor mom, she must be having a hard day." HAHAHAH!!!
    @cafedisco I used to work for a state department that saw a lot of baby names come by my desk. I've seen quite a number of crazy names. And yes, I side eye them all. How is Baby Chica going to feel when she is no longer a baby, but a 30 year old woman trying to find a legit job in the world?!?! Some people just don't use common sense...
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing too!  The stories will only get better having a 2nd one!  ;)
  • @HGRich I'm on a client team of 10, with three women...and ALL are pregnant! We discovered the third one when she was supposed to backfill for me while I'm out. Not anymore. My boss is so excited for all of us, but it's pretty hilarious. The client even made sure to get gender neutral baby shower decorations because she's so psyched to be throwing three in 4 months. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • 2 Randoms:

1. I didn't go to bed until past midnight last night. I'm soooo tired. I thought about just not going to work today but I really need to save all sick/vacation time I have. Think they will let me get away with a nap?  :D

2. All our NJ moms, did you see TB article about baby boxes? Looks like baby boxes started in Finland (?) and now NJ has caught on board with it. I'll edit and attach the link once I get into work. 
  • @KirstinH88  The baby box thing is really interesting, actually, especially from a public health perspective. Here's an article from a few years ago explaining the history of the Finnish baby boxes:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22751415

I know that Scotland is starting it this spring/summer, and I want to say I read something about some hospitals in Texas trying them out? Kinda cool if the US can introduce them, but I doubt we'd get the full benefit as so many people are against any sort of welfare state here  :/
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017