July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms - 1/23

How are you feeling this week ladies?

Re: Weekly Symptoms - 1/23

• RunRestRepeatRunRestRepeat member
    edited January 2017
    It would be SO awesome if my back could stop looking like it did in high school! I'm super grateful that my face isn't breaking out too bad, but my back is driving me nuts. I'm actually happy for cold weather for once!

Other than that, pretty much nothing else - I know it's crazy, but I can't wait to feel pregnant!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Irritable/moody. I've been having lots of silly arguments with DH about who ate more of the mint oreo thins, who got into my chips, who sent away the girl scouts before I could get my cookie order in and then had to chase them down. Oh man.  :o

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Headaches have started which I'll take over nausea any day... except that I'm still nauseous in the evenings too. 14w this Saturday and everyone has said all along that I should be feeling better by 14w so I'm holding out hope that they're right. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @greenbean what is with the nighttime nausea? It is like my body knows I'm about to go to bed, regardless of the time, and remembers it needs to feel nauseous. 
  • Still struggling with headaches. I've really been focusing on staying hydrated in case that was the culprit. I don't think that's it. 
  • @PurplePumpernickel Yep it really sucks. At least I've found that usually no matter how bad I feel at night, I'll feel better in the morning. Which has been making me go to bed super early because I just want the day to be over. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so exhausted. Like literally never ending exhaustion. I could sleep for 12 hours and still be exhausted. Someone said that could be a sign of GD, but I passed my test. 

Also, my uterus magically grew over night and now it's pretty much to my belly button and it's super hard. I don't remember this with my last pregnancy?!
  • This baby has been fairly symptom-free on me but my God my boobs.  I just don't know what to do anymore.  Particularly the right which I have dubbed my "power boob" since coming across that term on another thread.  They hurt so much when I turn over in my sleep.  TMI - I sleep in the nude.  I can wear a comfy, sport-like bra most nights but sometimes I just want to go back to wearing nothing so I do.  On those nights I die.  Just having them hang at any point is like torture haha!  

Headaches have been a thing for me as well but I'm not sure if it's because of the pregnancy or because I have a really bad cold accompanied by an ear infection.  Wait.  Scratch that.  Everything is because of this damn pregnancy because my immune system is on the low-down.  Ugh.  Haha! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @BabyBump2 I most excitingly bumped during the day on Saturday. My bump has been in flux until then, but it's been steady since Saturday, and no bathroom trips have changed it like normal. I'm super excited about it, but it was pretty much within an hour it just blew up and never went down. I don't think it's to my belly button though, although the top flap of my belly button is already sticking out a little. It's like it's being stretched. It's super weird. 

My m/s decided to reappear Saturday after over a week of nothing, and now every morning I've been waking up with it. It is nothing compared to how it was, but it's still annoying me. Almost 16 weeks and I am DONE with being nauseous. I'm done with all things pregnancy and food actually. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils sadly it's not noticeable when I'm standing up! When I lay down it's like BAM! Hey uterus! So weird!!
  • headaches, ugh. Getting more random RLP type pains in different places. My pants are too tight, but my maternity jeans are too loose still - go figure. I'll keep my pre-prego jeans and a band in the mean time and just ditch them at home. I see why leggings are so popular in this crowd now lol! 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Super tmi and gross- but I have a serious swamp crotch situation going on. It's not discharge, it's not urine, it's a sweaty vagine....I am so distraught by it, and it's the dead of winter!!!! Can you imagine how horrifying it's going to get the bigger my belly gets and the hotter it gets as we move into the scorching months of the summer??  :o
  • @supermom83 I have an intense discharge problem, and while I'm not having swamp crotch at the moment, I've dealt with it before. Running in the summer lol. I have no ideas for how to fix it, just lots of sympathy. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @supermom83 I'm also having swampcrotch.  And it makes my underwear chafe and it is awful.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
  • I have another yeast infection. This makes the second one, I only get them while pregnant so I know there's more to come.
  • @MrsLa3 I get them every time I take antibiotics.  Acidophilus works WONDERS for preventing them.  You should look into it - if I were you I'd be taking it daily.
  • @MrsLa3 Liking your post because I'm glad to see your face, not because I'm glad you had another YI!  Hope it all gets better ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsLa3 I get them every time I take antibiotics.  Acidophilus works WONDERS for preventing them.  You should look into it - if I were you I'd be taking it daily.
    I'll have to look into that. I've never even heard of it. And I just accidentally hit report on your comment, I hope it doesn't actually go through.
  • @MrsLa3 Oh boy lol.  Hopefully they just go, huh?  I take it whenever they prescribe me antibiotics, and it usually prevents them.  Eeeeevery now and then I think that it's crazy granola medicine and I don't take it...and then I end up with a yeast infection.  It's a probiotic, and my OB said it was fine, but reminded me to use a reputable brand (which I always would do anyway).  It's like a miracle.
  • I've started getting these stabbing pains right in my ribs. They are kinda annoying and painful at the same time, especially when I take deep breathes. It's not limited to one side either. It's especially noticeable when I'm laying down or sitting for a period of time. I've also started getting this noticeable bumpiness next to my left eye...not itchy and not pimply...just bumpy...dunno what to do about it. I wash my face and moisturize...dunno if the skin in that area just decided to be extra sensitive while the rest of my face is fine.
  • @chiquita928 I've been taking a probiotic but sometimes I forget, along with my prenatal. I guess I'm just got to have to be more consistent. And I'll definitely try it 
  • Headaches and migraines that last for days! I couldn't get out of bed yesterday. Called OB and she prescribed fioricet....I need relief and I'm desperate! I've never had migraines or headaches really and didn't have them in my last pregnancy. I feel for anyone out there that's dealing with this! Or really any issues!
  • @chudson5 I saw some other ladies recommend tylenol and a bit of caffeine.  Have you tried that?
  • @maybeitsmadeline I now need mint oreo thins! On to the grocery list they go. Also, whenever I see your name I sing "maybe it's maybeline" in my head lol

I wrote this in the sunday tickler change but I don't know if it's too soon for this but I'm getting back pain when standing for not-too-long periods of time (like 1-2 hours during rounds in the mornings) and my ankles are swollen by the end of the day. In all fairness, when doing some of my longer shifts in the past I would get a little bit of swelling in my feet/ankles but this is worse. And, I think my bending days are going to be over soon because that's getting uncomfortable too (on the plus side, that means H takes over cleaning the bathroom!).
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @Twinkiedoll yes! I've tried everything. Fioricet is actually a little higher dose Tylenol, caffeine, and a small amount of barbiturate. It worked! But I'm only taking it when needed
  • @chudson5 I'm glad the medicine helped!

I've been really lightheaded and dizzy this week. Is that normal in the second trimester?
  • @Twinkiedoll Same here.  I had the same in my first pregnancy too.  I start seeing spots all of the sudden and I have blurred vision like a migraine for a half hour or so.  Drinking extra water helps me a bit but I think it's normal for the beginning the second tri to get a little dizzy here and there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsLa3 Im pretty sure i have a third one. i got treated for the second just last week.

it was like that on my first pregnancy too.

• I breathe like a pug dog, and my appetite is out of control. 
  • I've been using young living peppermint oil on my temples for headaches. It works amazing!!
  • @manillabar LOL!  That's exactly where it came from!  I have had my name (Madeline pronounced mad-uh-lynn) butchered in so many ways, so after awhile I admire people's creativity and just roll with it.  Also, if you put the mint oreo thins in the freezer for a few hours and eat them super ice cold, it's like pure heaven!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline My name, Corinne (pronounced Cuh-rynn) has been pronounced (Cor-een, Connie :s) or spelled (Corrine) incorrectly my whole life. It's so common that I have legit spelled my own name wrong before.
  • edited January 2017
    @chiquita928 You know my pain!!! We need a butchered name thread.  It kind of cracks me up.  I've gotten Natalie, Matilda, Madlyn, Maybelline, Maddelline, Madaline, Mandolin, Meddeline, Melanie, Melody, Melinda, Madison, Marilyn, and Madalyn just to name a FEW.  Where on earth did they get Connie?  I guess probably the same place they got Melody for me...

Edit:  Wanted to throw another quick story in.  I had a student worker that I supervised that asked me, "Do you prefer Madeline (Mad-uh-lynn) or Madeline (Mad-uh-line)?"  I just stared at him for a moment and said, "It's not that I prefer one, it's that it IS one.  Do you prefer Nathan (Nay-thin) or (Nath-un)?"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What does RLP vs. Restless leg feel like? Last night and a few nights ago I felt the feeling in my leg that I used to get if I didn't take Advil for really bad cramps, and they spread to my leg. Uncomfortable but not unbearable. The insomnia and the howling wind and rain last night didn't help either.
  • @maybeitsmadeline and @chiquita928 My name is the same. They can't spell my first name to save their life (Keri) because there are approximately 13 normal spellings of it plus I've had people asking me what it's short for. Umm nothing what do think it's short for cause I have no ideas. My last name (maiden) is never ever pronounced right. Never ever. I feel your pain. 

@PurplePumpernickel  I get cramps into my legs with my periods, probably due to endometriosis. (I never wanted to go through the surgery just for them to confirm something they can't really treat anyways). I've had that feeling, although not really cramps, a couple times this pregnancy. Any chance it's that? 

Also, anyone else having m/s round two? Going on four days now and I'm getting annoyed. I thought I was over this nonsense, I went for well over a week with nothing. I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. I'm sort of wondering if the baby is bigger and moving around more and somehow that's causing my problem. Or maybe I'm just unintentionally not eating enough. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited January 2017
    I'm having a really hard time finding out the difference between
    1. Am I hungry? 
    2. Am I thirsty ? 
    3. Feeling a bit nauseous so did I eat too much or too little ? 

Its getting On my nerves. I didn't have horrible morning sickness the first trimester just all day nausea that would get worse if I hadn't eaten. Now I have a mild sickness that came back a few days ago after being completely gone. 

I am getting headaches At night I'm wondering if I need to get off my phone and stop googling every little thing ! 

• @kerils The struggle is real. My maiden last name was a nightmare, too.  I'm so glad to have a common last name now that I'm married.  And even THAT, I've learned, has multiple spellings I never knew about.  Also over m/s round two...it's BS.
  • @kerlis it could be? My RE thought I had endometriosis, but it turned out to be just one cyst, removed in March. I just wasn't sure how to classify it, but I supposed it doesn't matter - that won't make it go away!
  • I. Can't. Breathe. 
    Im also sick so that's not helping. But I keep having to take in deep breaths like I can't catch my breath. I'm not sure if it's my body's way of trying to get more oxygen since I can't breathe well through my nose or if it's anxiety or something else.
    I've gone through (twice) episodes where I've had to wear a heart monitor bc I was having palpitations and taking deep breaths like this. Both times was almost immediately after my grandmother had been really sick, so I wondered if it was anxiety induced (although dr doesn't seem to think so, but they never really found anything wrong). 

I haven't had the palpitations this time; just the breathing. I don't feel anxious, but I didn't during the other episodes either but my blood pressure was outrageous (but I was also scared bc of my heart palpitations). 

TL;DR: having shortness of breath and taking deep breaths constantly. Anyone else?
  • @kerils the m/s has definitely kicked back in with  a vengeance. I am so over this crap, I puked all night. This time though it comes more in waves than constant like the first trimester - not sure how it is hitting you.