July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 1/16

13»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 1/16

• Options
    lfk2013 said:
    Wait...what thread was closed?!

ETA - AYFKM?!?!?!?! I mean, I generally shy away from confrontation (unless the stars align), but I'm not going to report someone because I don't like what they said or how it came across in my head. Ignore it and move on with your life. Grow up.
    This.
  • Options
    I know it's not Monday, but can I vent for a second? I told a group I'm a part of about baby today. Most were sweet and supportive, but this one woman asked if my pregnancy was planned. It's none of her business, but I said yes. She says, "Oh good. I couldn't remember if you were married."  I've been super sensitive lately, and I know I shouldn't care, but what??!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Umm.. that's just moronic. it's the 21st century.  Lots of people have planned pregnancies but are not married.  And lots of people are married and have unplanned pregnancies.  The only part that matters it that the baby is loved and cared for. 

Ugh, I hate judgmental people.  You handled that a lot better than I would have.

When I was still in my 20s, I was talking to my mom.  And I made a casual comment about how I never want to get married.  My mom said, "Girl, you're breaking my heart.  I want grandkids."  Without missing a beat, I said, "I didn't said I wouldn't have kids.  I just said I don't want to be married."  She shut up after that and didn't bring up grandkids again until I moved to Hawaii with DH many years later. 
  • Options
    Omg my Wednesday b*tch is my freaking LIFE. I'm 15 weeks monday and still puke nonstop. This story is tmi but here we go: I spent 15 minutes randomly puking up everything this evening...DH was already asleep for the night. Our house isn't a mansion, but it's kinda spread out. I was literally screaming/yelling/loud heaving for my DH as I was projecting vomiting and pissing myself all over...because I couldn't hardly breath and needed a drink to clear my mouth. He didn't budge. He somehow slept through all that?!?!?! Now I'm worried sick because I could have been murdered in the spare bathroom and he wouldn't know until morning. I know he sleeps like a brick but this shit is unreal. That hall bathroom is separate from our master bedroom/bathroom...and across the hall from our DS room. Seriously our child could have been screaming for him and my DH wouldn't have heard. I know he isn't wired like me because I HEAR EVERYTHING. If someone hickups on the other side of the house my eyes pop open. It just drives me crazy. And today/tonight sucked ass so bad. Maybe week 16 will be my lucky one??? A girl can dream. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 this could totally happen in my tiny apartment.  My DH is just totally oblivious.  Over the holidays, I had a high temperature and lost my balance from dizziness.  I ended up on the floor of the bathroom and couldn't  stand up.  I yelled for DH for 10 minutes...nothing.  He found me on the floor maybe 10 minutes later (on a normal trip to the bathroom).  I talked to him about how he has to pay more attention, and he's making an effort but sometimes he still is like what?  I blame his loud family.  The guy just tunes out.  
  • Options
    theweevee said:
    @LoveLee85 this could totally happen in my tiny apartment.  My DH is just totally oblivious.  Over the holidays, I had a high temperature and lost my balance from dizziness.  I ended up on the floor of the bathroom and couldn't  stand up.  I yelled for DH for 10 minutes...nothing.  He found me on the floor maybe 10 minutes later (on a normal trip to the bathroom).  I talked to him about how he has to pay more attention, and he's making an effort but sometimes he still is like what?  I blame his loud family.  The guy just tunes out.  
    Oh my gosh. Isn't it scary?! I'm sorry that happened. It just honestly terrified me to think this much commotion and he doesn't hear?! I was on the same floor as him, also. It's like I need freaking life alert but it just alerts him from a necklace that he's wearing. It honestly make me feel not safe. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 so granted your husband could be one of those guys who doesn't wake up to baby crying or nudges you til you wake up to do it. But for some good faith- I only wake up to baby crying. I've slept thru the fire alarms, dog barking, dh running around banging on the walls trying to scare a squirrel but if ds cries I wake up. So hopefully you have an easy couple of months when baby comes. 
  • Options
    @morgarita I'm hoping that's me. I can sleep through anything. I slept through an ambulance and multiple police cars and sirens coming because my dad was having a serious asthma attack. I also slept through a window being completely shattered in my house during a hurricane by a tree branch. I mean it's bad what I can sleep through. I'm just hoping that hormones and instinct kick in and I wake to my babies. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @lovelee85 my DH can sleep through a baby crying on the bed next to him. During midnight feedings and colicky moments (with my son) he wouldn't want me downstairs and I felt terrible keeping him awake but to his credit that guy just snoozed through the baby crying right next to him (and my son sounded like a goat being slaughtered when he cried) and the tv/light on. 

In fact one of his favorite stories is with our first she was crying so I went into the nursery which is connected to our room (no door between the two rooms) I had the light on and was changing her and she was screaming bloody murder. After about 10 minutes of her crying and getting her a new diaper and outfit (it was a blow out), I hear him in bed say "babe wake up, the baby is crying". I remember seeing red and had I not had a newborn in my arms I may have slapped him but I just yelled "I know, I am in here!". By the time I went back to bed he was already asleep, dude hadn't even opened his eyes to see if I was up and that was the only time he woke up to the babies. 
  • Options
    Dcwtada said:
    @lovelee85 my DH can sleep through a baby crying on the bed next to him. During midnight feedings and colicky moments (with my son) he wouldn't want me downstairs and I felt terrible keeping him awake but to his credit that guy just snoozed through the baby crying right next to him  
    Some thing with my DH! It actually works very well for me because I can keep the baby in the room and nurse the baby throughout the night and even turn on the TV to watch while nursing, and DH still gets a sound night of sleep. Lol To his credit, if I nudge him awake, he will wake up without any fuss and take care of the baby if I need a break, no questions asked, but usually I do it since I'm a SAHM and he needs a good night sleep to function at work. I seem to be able to fully function with MUCH less sleep than he needs. 
  • Options
    kerils said:
    @morgarita I'm hoping that's me. I can sleep through anything. I slept through an ambulance and multiple police cars and sirens coming because my dad was having a serious asthma attack. I also slept through a window being completely shattered in my house during a hurricane by a tree branch. I mean it's bad what I can sleep through. I'm just hoping that hormones and instinct kick in and I wake to my babies. 
    I literally slept through a tree falling a few feet away while sleeping in a camping trailer.  DS makes the slightest noise and I am wide awake.  I wouldn't worry, I'm sure your mommy brain will hear baby.  
  • Options
    I know it's not Monday but I think because it's Friday and it's been a long week I'm perhaps a little extra irritable. But I'm on the train on my way to work this morning surrounded by a bunch of guys between ages 18-50.  Everyone is sitting except me and one other woman. Oh,  and at 16+4 as a STM it's quite obvious I'm pregnant. Grrrrr.
  • Options
    Rojita said:
    I know it's not Monday but I think because it's Friday and it's been a long week I'm perhaps a little extra irritable. But I'm on the train on my way to work this morning surrounded by a bunch of guys between ages 18-50.  Everyone is sitting except me and one other woman. Oh,  and at 16+4 as a STM it's quite obvious I'm pregnant. Grrrrr.
    So obnoxious! I remember taking the train to work 8 months pregnant (in the summer--so very, very obviously pregnant), and trying to sit in empty seats only to be told that they were being saved. I was too stunned each time to say anything, but I'm a lot less patient this go around, so I doubt I'd be silent again!
  • Options
    I thankfully haven't had a MBF to share yet, but today I'm seething.  Apologies that it's not Monday all.

I just gave DH a rundown of the budget and where we are and pointed out how BIL owes us $100.  Back around Black Friday time, DH and BIL decided to go in on a gift from the three of us for MIL.  Fine.  But, BIL is a professional student that never really holds down jobs, is 12 years older than DH, and is on again/off again drug addict that takes everything personally.  DH has been trying to have a relationship with him more recently.  Fine, great. I totally support that!  

DH was insistent that we front the money for the gift and that he trusted his brother to give us his half.
    I was completely against this, but after some begging from DH I finally gave in.  So again, they bought this Black Friday weekend and we gifted it at Christmas to MIL.  I had DH ask BIL when we would get his half and he said as soon as school started back up again and he got his stipend or whatever he would send it.  Well here we are.  I asked DH about it and he said that he doubted we would ever get it out of him.  Wait... what?!?!  You vouched he would be good for it!  You begged me when I was completely against it.  I don't care about the money, but it's the principle of the thing.  So, I can kiss that money goodbye and I'm so irritated at DH.

On top of that, he got into my bag of chips that have been my vice so far during this pregnancy that I specifically told him not to touch AND he sent away the girl scouts that were selling cookies.  I chased them down and ordered three boxes with DH hovering over asking for four for himself.  It's been an aggravating 24 hours to say the least.  TGIF.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My Friday bitchfest is against me.  I really wanted a Gatorade from the office kitchen today, but it was sold out.  It's my week to restock the office kitchen, and I forgot to buy Gatorade when I did the shopping run.  FAIL.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh hey, my first violation! I feel like I have graduated :wink:
  • Options
    Uh oh, what have you done now? Haha

But seriously, how do you find out if you've gotten a violation? 
  • Options
    @mrscate88 check your inbox 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    @cssme13 oh, the admins send you a private message to tell you about your violation? 
  • Options
    @mrscate88 yeah they also send them when they delete your comments. I've had two comments deleted but only got a warning for one

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    mrscate88 said:

I poked fun at Zara and food babe :smiley:
  • Options
    mrscate88 said:

I poked fun at Zara and food babe :smiley:
    How is that a TOU violation?? That's so dumb. 
    You don't have to say more if it might result in you getting another warning. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 yep, quite ridiculous. Didn't even come across as mean. Said something about gator aide being bad for you because of the dyes and chemicals, and Xath's office being too cheap to pump pure oxygen into the office, because food babe says that the airlines are too cheap to pump pure oxygen into the cab, and that it is best to sit up front near the pilot because HE Controls the air quality. IT WAS A JOKE. 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Dcwtada so funny about your DH sleeping! Ditto here. When DS was about 6 weeks old, this happened:

Friend: Is he sleeping yet?
    DH: Yeah, actually, he's been pretty good about sleeping through the night already!
    Me: The baby wakes every two hours. DH sleeps through the night.

Haven't let him live that down in 1.5 years since!
    Lol yep. Sounds exactly like my husband. I can relate. And why do people look at you like you're failing if your kid doesn't sleep through the night at 4 weeks old, let alone a year old? Where did this expectation come from?!
  • Options
    I read that post before it got removed. Really?!?  I thought it was funny. I guess you can't even joke around. Life is better with a sense of humor and it's too short to take everything so personal. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 yep, quite ridiculous. Didn't even come across as mean. Said something about gator aide being bad for you because of the dyes and chemicals, and Xath's office being too cheap to pump pure oxygen into the office, because food babe says that the airlines are too cheap to pump pure oxygen into the cab, and that it is best to sit up front near the pilot because HE Controls the air quality. IT WAS A JOKE. 
    @CarsonsMommy You were just making light of the debate that was going on in the UO thread. At least that's how I took it. 
  • Options
    Exactly. I feel like admin is being lazy and just issuing warnings to any comment that is reported.
  • Options
    Wait, THAT post was considered a TOU violation? I'm so over this mess. Basically you can't say anything anymore...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @manillabar I sense a new exodus
  • Options
    @CarsonsMommy WTF?  That was obviously a joke.  

Do the admins read the entire thread before going delete-crazy?  Sheesh.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Dcwtada so funny about your DH sleeping! Ditto here. When DS was about 6 weeks old, this happened:

DH: Yeah, actually, he's been pretty good about sleeping through the night already!

Lol yep. Sounds exactly like my husband. I can relate. And why do people look at you like you're failing if your kid doesn't sleep through the night at 4 weeks old, let alone a year old? Where did this expectation come from?!
    THIS!! Omg. The societal pressure on baby sleep. It's so stressful and ridiculous. 
  • Options

THIS!! Omg. The societal pressure on baby sleep. It's so stressful and ridiculous. 
    I know! And if you have a kid like mine, who just started at 14 months, well you simply must be doing something wrong.
  • Options
    Xath said:
    @CarsonsMommy WTF?  That was obviously a joke.  

Do the admins read the entire thread before going delete-crazy?  Sheesh.  
    Nope, pretty sure they are just control freaks with nothing better to do.
  • Options

I know! And if you have a kid like mine, who just started at 14 months, well you simply must be doing something wrong.
    Yes. Mine started at about 18-19 months, but still only ~75% of the time. Probably because I'm a horrible mother. ;)
  • Options
    Re: not sleeping thru the night. I was surprised how many people asked me I think it was bc they didn't know me well so they were trying to make concersation. But I would tell them dh doesn't sleep thru the night my son may never. And rarely do both of them sleep all night without waking.