Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intro Thread 1.14

2»

Re: Newbie Intro Thread 1.14

• @kmac09 @ag90 I love all of this. H takes out his scarf and drapes it near the TV every Saturday. And of course puts on all or part of his kit to watch the match. He's slowly adding to the gear. He watches a lot of matches. I got up one morning he was watching one match on the TV, one on his laptop and was recoding another. I just took a picture. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @Avrilmai @kmac09 We should probably start a new reality TV series. "Soccer Wives"
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• Loading the player...
  • @Avrilmai @kmac09 @ag90 I'm not a constant poster here but have been lurking and posting just a bit over the last few months...but had to jump in to say dh is an Arsenal fan and all this is spot on!! Our weekend mornings are always a cup of coffee and the game! We have scarves, jerseys, cups, etc. we've been to emirates to tour it, no game over there :( that is on the bucket list. We got to see them play when Arsenal was in San Jose against the MLS Allstars last summer! Anyways, welcome :smiley:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• thank you very much. I really appreciate this
  • @MissKittyDanger Welcome! My husband and I made the decision to start TTC about two years in advance so I set some goals to reach before we "officially" started trying. It helped pass the time and made us feel more prepared when we finally "pulled the goalie". Getting your health and finances in order and quitting bad habits are great places to start!

Prior to TTC I had been skipping placebo pills and going for up to 3 months without a period (with the blessing of my GYN). At the beginning of 2015 I started taking the pills as prescribed--three weeks on, one week off--so I'd have a period roughly every 28-32 days. I downloaded an app on my phone to help me track my periods (I used MyDays at first, but when it was actually "go time" I downloaded Fertility Friend). I also started prenatal vitamins about three months before we started TTC.

I hope you're able to reach your goals by the time you're ready to officially start trying, but don't beat yourself up about it too much if you're not able. Quitting smoking is really hard (I've been there, now 9 years cigarette free) and the stress of TTC might complicate the process. Realize he likely won't stop cold turkey and may have some relapses, but be firm yet supportive. Best of luck to you both!
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • @teammjc Welcome!  We've had several BF TTCers here!  You're in the right place ;)
  • UberMcAngiUberMcAngi member
    edited January 2017
    Crazy to be here!! I never thought we'd be TTC again!  <3

Ages (you and SO): I'm 38, and DH is 36. We've been married 13 years, and together for 15. 

How many months have you been TTC: Today is CD3 of round 2. I got my Mirena IUD removed 12/22/16, my period showed up (for the first time in over 12 years) 2 days after that, and, much to our chagrin, it showed up again Wednesday. 

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, recording data on 2 fertility apps, DTD, and trying not to stress. The original plan was to NTNP, but with my "advanced maternal age," we knew we should collect data in case it takes more that the usual to get knocked up, and HAVING that info makes it hard not to do a bit more BD during fertile times. 

Tell us about yourself: *TW kids mentioned* we have an 11 year old son (almost 12) and a 10 year old daughter who thinks she's 15. ;) For years, we thought we were done, but the past several months, we decided we aren't done, so here we are. DH is in sales, and I'm in consumer product design/development, though currently between jobs. I'm a big musical theatre geek (and general geek, too.) DH is training for his first half triathlon. 

• Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 

How many months TTC? This will be our first cycle TTC #3. Currently on CD 5

What are you doing to get knocked up? Started PNV a few weeks ago and bought OPK

Tell us about yourself: I am a former teacher and now SAHM to 3 and 4 year old girls. We thought we were two and through but the baby fever hit hard last summer, and decided we would start trying again in the beginning of 2017. I love TV dramas. My favs are HTGAWM, House of Cards, Wentworth, Bloodline, Designated Survivor, and Criminal Minds to name a few. I also love wine. Looking forward to becoming a part of the group
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• @PhillymommaX2 criminal minds is my fav!! Welcome 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @teammjc welcome!  I am a BF mamma here (though we are just about to finish weaning so that we can undergo fertility treatments). I lurked for a long time before joining for the same reason that I had not gotten a PP. Even though you may not feel comfortable in the WTO or TWW threads but there is a TTA thread and other daily/weekly random threads for you to join in on.  I did not get a PP until I stopped pumping and we dropped back to morning/evening nursing sessions. the website Kellymom has great information on BF and fertility/return of menstruation.   
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Ages (you and SO):
     I am 35 and DH is 30 

8 months

Starting BBT  aslo checking CM, 

I`m photographer, Only nature and animal photography. DH works in construction/Mechanic 
    we have fur babies 2 cats and 2 dogs. Fav tv shows are Supernatural,Walking dead,Certain reality shows Survivor and Big Brother. 

TTC 13 months now

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, tracking cervical fluid, OPK

I'm a medical technologist and hubby is a teacher. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that we conceived fairly quickly but we've been having trouble trying for #2. We also have two dogs. Excited to be here but anxious to be done TTC!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Ages (you and SO): both 31

How many months have you been TTC? NTNP for a while and then actively trying for about 10 months as DH's work schedule allows

PNV, tracking, some months OPK, thinking about temping and HIO 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) We have one DS (August 15) and want 3-4 kids total. We have two Shih Tzus and a cat. DH is a flier and a subject matter expert who is also finishing his masters. I'm a SAHM, still trying to lose the baby weight from DS. I struggled with PPD for a while so I'm enjoying these moments without it, and my DS. Hobbies: an HGTV junkie, travel, photography, reading a good book and swearing to KonMari our lives. I've been lurking for a while, and really have enjoyed my previous BMB ((which has migrated to FB)) and am just looking for some buddies in the same space. :smile:

• @mdfarmchick welcome!!!

@shortstack930 welcome! Love your screenname...DH calls me shortstack

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stargazer lily ( the space may not allow he tagging) I'm a photographer too! Except I do people in addition to nature and animals. Mainly families though. Welcome!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @jess0211 thanks! I have a serious thing for pancakes  :#
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018

• @mdfarmchick welcome! I'm currently konmaring as well!

@shortstack930 welcome! I'm sorry for your trouble ttc, you're in good company. Have you been diagnosed or seeing an RE? Join in on our IF thread
  • @heatherdubrow thanks! Haven't officially been diagnosed yet, we've been seeing our midwife for fertility testing. So far all hormones are normal, ovarian reserve is good, and I am ovulating every month. Next step is for hubby to get a sperm analysis and for me to get an HSG. DH and my parents think I'm overreacting and should hold off testing but I'm not convinced that there isn't anything wrong yet.
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• Hi! So happy to be here!
     Ages (you and SO): I'm 32 and husband is 31
     How many months have you been TTC? This is our first month! Just finished our first fertile window last night :)What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Sex twice a day for the days leading up to my suspected ovulation. I calculated ovulation based on when my period was. That's about it. My poor husband is so tired lol
    Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.): We are Americans living in the Middle East. Husband is in marketing, I am in non-profit fundraising. We have an almost 3 year old that is my son from a previous marriage, but my husband has been around since he was 1 yo and is his father figure. This pregnancy would be my husband's first biological child. We're both very outdoors and try to be active and eat healthy. 

It's good to be here! 
    32 yo, mother to an adorable 3 year old, TTC! 
  • edited January 2017

Not at all new to TK/TB (Been around since 2001) but newbie here. I was really active around here when I was TTC my daughter, who will be 9 this year.

Ages (you and SO): Me, 36, Him, 41

How many months have you been TTC? This is our first month TTC together. We're getting married in May, and since we're not getting any younger and it took me over a year when I was TTGP with my daughter (from my first marriage, she's almost 9), we figured we'd get a jump start on things. 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Charting

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) As I mentioned, I have the most amazing daughter from my first marriage, and he's the best soon to be stepdad ever. We have two cats, Charlie and Olaf. Both of us work in the marketing field. As far as hobbies, we're both big nerds...he plays D&D, I play Magic the Gathering, we both do crafting and artistic stuff together, watch movies and anime together, we're both Patriots fans, and we both love cooking.

• @shortstack930 I think you're smart to get the ball rolling. Secondary infertility is real and if you've been trying this long, the next logical step is to see an RE. I hope it's nothing, and your dh is right. But peace of mind is a beautiful thing. Good luck with everything!
  • @heatherdubrow thanks, I feel better about getting started on the testing, even if so far they haven't found anything. But you're right, the peace of mind is worth it!
    TTC History
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:

• Ages (you and SO): 
    I am 26 and My husband is 34. 

We have been trying for about four months.  

What are you doing to get knocked up? 

I'm Taking vitamins, exercise and essential oil pertaining to fertility and stress relief 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) I am a program manager assistant for the state of WA, working in a group home for adults males with DD/ behaviors. My husband is a Boom operator in the United States Airforce. No child, just kitties. We love traveling from my home town of Portland, OR to my husbands in Cheyenne, WY. 

• Ages (you and SO): 26/25

How many months have you been TTC? 1, officially ( about 4 months NTNP)

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? "practicing" as DH calls it ^_^

*Trigger*

About 2 years ago (late 2014) I found out I was pregnant (not planned) but found out at week 16 that I miscarried at week 15. I was devastated. I had a D&E the following week. During the pregnancy they found both a dermoid cyst in one ovary and a huge fibroid. Both were removed laparoscopically in late 2015. Now that me and DH just tied the knot (1/20/17) we are actively TTC. We actually started about a month ago knowing it could take a year or longer to get pregnant. I'm apprehensive about being TTC after so much happening, not sure I can conceive naturally.  I'm not charting and taking BBT just yet. Hoping that it will happen without stressing myself out with numbers. 

I am a teacher who loves all things crafty and I have a sweet little doxie-poo who is currently my only baby, but hoping to get her a brother or sister relatively soon!