January 2017 Moms

Maternity clothes

Hi all... I live in Kentucky and can you believe there is only Motherhood Maternity selling maternity wear here? I feel they are very expensive. I bought some anyway but, I want your opinion on online shopping for Maternity wear. I went to Kohl's store but, they have very limited selection.

Re: Maternity clothes

• Welcome to the bane of being a pregnant woman. I'm going to check out Old Navy this weekend. But other than some stuff at Target, that's about it for brick and mortar stores. :( 

BabyFruit Ticker

Team Blue ~ Jan. 20
    DS born 9/4/12
    MMC July 2015
    MMC January 2016
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited September 2016
    I'm in Indianapolis and it's a very similar story. There's Destination Maternity here and then a few stores have very, very sad single-rack selections of maternity clothes that look like they have been tried on and dumped off so many times that they look gross (went to Target, Old Navy, Kohl's, all terrible). I've ended up getting most of my maternity clothing online from sites like pinkblushmaternity.com. The sizing is fairly predictable and in line with pre-pregnancy sizing and also is way cuter than anything I've seen in stores.
  • Loading the player...
  • https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12680097/maternity-clothes Here's a link to an old thread that had some great ideas. I second @canavara and love Pink Blush Maternity, once you sign up for their emails, you get daily emails and every so often they have awesome sales. Zulily also usually has a good selection, you just may have to wait 2-3 weeks to get something which is very frustrating to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm not positive if it's available in the US market (I think it is but it's hard to verify that on mobile without a VPN), but I got some pretty great, inexpensive pieces from H&M. I never had luck with their normal clothes but found their maternity selection to fit quite nicely. I have jeans from motherhood maternity, H&M, and one other place but the H&M are by far my favorite. 
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Try amazon? I always never bothered with buying clothes online, but there's some brands on there (like Patty Boutik, I think that's how it's spelled) which shows you can also wear it when you're not pregnant, the material is just that stretchy and the sides are usually rouched. You can look at the reviews and see how others liked it or how the sizing came out before you decide to buy. 

I bought a couple dresses from PattyBoutik (they also have a separate website https://www.pattyboutik.com/categories/maternity/)

Very comfortable, thats for sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I, too, am in KY and I'll +1 for pink blush. Target and old navy both pretty much make me sad. H&M in Louisville has a minimal selection. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Online for maternity seems to be the only good option.   Motherhood and Pea in the Pod are the only true maternity stores I have found.  Gap Inc (Old Navy) has been moving all of their maternity clothing online as well and Gap is now exclusively online.   DH was recently rehired by Old Navy (they laid him off over the summer) and I'm currently waiting for my employee discount card.  Gap's maternity clothing is expensive compared to MM, H&M, Old Navy, Target, Kohls ect, but I find the clothes to have the best quality- and going into the colder months I want to find some jeans and sweaters that will keep me warm and last the next 3 months.  Pink Blush clothes are adorable, but again more expensive than the other stores I have been looking at Zulily for PinkBlush sales- which they some times have.  I would also recommend going to secondhand stores.  There are a couple around me- one of which specializes in all things baby and kids and I plan on looking for a winter coat there- since I'll only be wearing in in November and December I don't want to spend over a hundred dollars on one.  

Piggybacking off this- does anyone have any recommendations for comfy but cute shoes?  My feet are so swollen that I cannot imagine wearing any of my fall boots this year.  And need something other than flip flops and Toms to wear to work events and my baby showers.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @LilLynch2015 It's expensive, but I will be buying Uggs. I used to hate them, but now I can't wait to be able to wear them. It's still hot here so no weather for it yet lol. But that'll be my wardrobe this winter. Uggs and leggings, with nice long tops/sweaters. I'm pregnant, so I plan to be as comfortable as possible for work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been watching my local "Bump to Bump" Facebook resale page and shopping destination maternity online when they have sales, for instance I only buy when they have at least 50% off, and sometimes they do 50% off stuff that's already on clearance. I just got 1 jeans, 2 nursing camis, and 4 fall shirts for $100 which I considered pretty good for new maternity clothes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Other than a few random pieces from Destination Maternity, I've bought most of my maternity clothes online. 

I've been liking Gap and Target for basics, especially the tees and other knits from Gap. They both have free shipping (at least over a certain amount) and free returns. Gap also runs promos pretty frequently - usually 40% off - so I usually order a bunch at once to try and then just return what I don't like. 

Asos is another good option, though it's exclusively online. They have a huge selection of maternity clothes at a range of prices. Quality and fit can be a little hit or miss, but again they do free shipping and free returns. 

I will say I'm getting kind of sick of packing up my returns and flagging down the mailman / UPS guy, but it's probably still more convenient than trekking to the store, parking, etc. 

Oh and if you have a Macy's by you I think some of their stores have a maternity section. If not, they also have a lot online and seem to run sales and promos pretty frequently. 
  • Another vote for Pink Blush maternity!  I found their selection really cute and the fits have been really flattering. 
  • Carly79Carly79 member
    edited September 2016

I actually got a cute robe for after baby was born when they were running a 70% off deal. There stuff fits well and is cute. The hardest thing is being on their email list and seeing the deals they run frequently and not shopping and buying.

ETA: This is from Pink Blush

Pregnancy Ticker

• I've found a lot of items on ThredUp, which is an online consignment shop. It's all very good quality, and a few pieces still had the original tags on them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love pink blush too, but they are a little pricey. I have found a ton of stuff on kohls.com for cheap, plus with coupons and kohls cash you can't go wrong!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just got some amazing tunics from Dry Goods for like $12 each and they're so flowy and knee length so even when i really bump up theres no modesty issue. I wish I got more since they're not maternity sized I can wear them afterwards. 
  • I second the PattyBoutik on Amazon. I purchased a very cute dress -- less expensive than Motherhood Maternity (also the only brick and mortar option in my area). I also think it's better quality than MM's dresses. ASOS has some very cute maternity options, in a wide range of prices. Free shipping both ways. I recently discovered the maternity section at Macy's. It only carries MM clothes, but I actually preferred the Macy's selection over the real store. 

I'll be buying Gap leggings soon, because I've heard they are the best (quality/thickness).
  • @rdh33 I've heard the same about the gap leggings, and that they're 100% worth the price. Will definitely be looking to grab some for fall. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've bought most of my stuff from gap online when they have sales. I've gotten a pair of jeans, leggings and tshirts for work. I LOVE all of it. The leggings are super comfy and stay up. The tshirts are good quality and not see through. I haven't broken out the jeans yet, since it's still hot in GA. 
  • The Gap leggings are super soft and comfortable. I have 1 pair so far but I'm sure I'll end up buying more. My friend says she still lives in hers 9 months pp. 

I'm not totally sold on the thickness, though, and haven't worn them out of the house yet. But I think they'd be ok with a long top or tunic. 

The BeMaternity leggings from Target are also very comfortable and a little thicker. They're called yoga pants but aren't at all shiny and definitely don't scream activewear. 

https://www.target.com/p/bematernity-by-ingrid-isabel-yoga-black-legging-with-crossover-panel/-/A-15810630

• @KRB22 Yes ! I have a pair or those in Capri length and love love love them. I don't know why I didn't think to get them full length but DUH! I much prefer this type of material over more cottony leggings. I also think the cross-over style in the back is super comfy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 75% of mine is from Gap online, they regularly have 40% off everything sales so all of my shirts have been around $15 and denim/pants around $40 which I think is super reasonable. 

I really liked PinkBlush as well but they charged a ton of duty to ship to Canada so that was disappointing. ASOS has some great stuff as well but can be pricey. 

• @KAShock I love the capris too! The full length leggings might have just come in recently. They actually seem a little softer to me and they don't have a seam down the back of the legs. Agree about the crossover back!
  • I've had great luck with ordering off of destination maternity online (just gotta wait for those sales) and ASOS, the prices are already include tax and if your order is $40+ you get free shipping and it comes within 3 days. Some of their stuff is a bit pricey but they have reasonably priced items as well, but often times they have a full price dress in color and then the same dress in a different color is on clearance. 
  • I got a lot of my basic maternity t-shirts long and short sleeved from Walmart. I just got 3 more yesterday for $14 each (CAD) luckily I still have all my clothes from my daughter 4 yrs ago which I got the majority from Motherhood so it hasn't been very expensive this time around. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I love my gap leggings!  They're so soft and they sit under the belly.  So comfy!  I also got a really flattering pair of black skinny pants that I can wear to work or just out.  They have a lot of sales and I got these things at 30% off with free shipping.  

Motherhood has decent T shirt sales from time to time.  I grabbed 4 with and some camis and try to pair them with cute cardigans, kimonos, or open button downs I already have.  I'm not trying to spend too much money on clothes I won't be wearing in 6 months.  

When I'm at home I'm mostly in sweats and my husband's old T shirts.   I've also started stealing his sweatshirts on the rare occasion that I'm cold.  I like being as comfy as possible at home, so I highly recommend stealing the husband's clothes.  
  • Old navy is where I get my stuff.
  • I've been using Stitch Fix. The stuff is expensive but I love what they send.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hjmorgan-2hjmorgan-2 member
    edited September 2016
    I got my maternity jeans from Target. And slacks for work from motherhood. All my shirts/dresses Injisy buy way over sized and add a belt when if I wanna feel cute. Lol
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got a subscription to Le Tote Maternity because I had zero clothes that fit me. I didn't feel like buying clothes because just one trip to Target cost me $50-60 and all I got was a pair of jeans and one shirt. So far they have sent me two totes and I've worn some cute dresses for an event and date night. They just sent me another tote with SUPER cute shirts and a long shirt that will look adorable with tights. I haven't got to wear anything yet because I've been home sick but I can't wait to wear my new stuff. I also like that I will be able to up my sizes as my pregnancy progresses and I won't have to keep buying more stuff. I plan on cancelling my subscription in Dec. since I'm due in early January.  

I HIGHLY recommend it. <3 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @aishmc I could not agree more with stealing the husbands clothes.  DH hates pajama pants and I have stolen ever pair he has ever gotten (which is quite a few considering he does't like them)- they are my favorite pieces of clothing right now.  I am also sleeping in his t-shirts now too since they are bigger than mine.  Most days I'm counting down the minutes until I can get home and slip into my husbands clothes.  My HDBD pic this week was me wearing nothing but mens clothing.  So comfy!  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @KRB22 @KAShock  How's the fit on these BeMaternity leggings??  I've got a pair of heavy Old Navy ones that I love (but they no longer have black) and I ordered a large and had to send back and exchange for a medium.  My maternity jeans from Target are size 12.  What do you think?
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @shlecka I think they are pretty true to pre pregnancy size. I usually wear an XS and sometimes a small. I have been sizing up a little with most maternity pants to account for the fact that my hips have grown, and I got the BeMaternity leggings in a small. They fit perfectly now and seem like they'll work till the end, especially since the waist band can be rolled down to go under the bump. 
  • I have bought few pants from the brand Seraphine. I don't know if this brand is available in US, I think it is from UK, but hopeffuly for me available in France on the Internet.

It has been made famous those last years because it was one of Kate Middleton's favorite during her 2 pregnancies. Their clothes are comfy and beautiful. Nice quality. Very happy with my purchase at Seraphine!

For the tops, it's easier, so I have bought some regular and maternity clothes at Esprit, and also 1 parka and 1 witer coat (winter is coming soon in the french Alps!  :D)

It is really really important to keep taking car of ourselves during this particular time of our life. Well, it's a way of thinking, but I am vigilant of not giving up of being feminine and  "coquette".  :)
  • I've seen alot of cute outfits that are simple but super comfy-looking! I think my current fav is the loose fitting T and legging combo with some nice flats. LuLaRoes leggings and Gap low-rise maternity leggings are my go-to leggings.