September 2017 Moms

Workout anyone?

I am usually very active but this weekend and beginning of the week sucked and I laid on the couch most of the time.  Last night I sucked it up and went to my weekly yoga class which I found to take my nausea away.  Tonight I plan attending my cross fit class hoping it does the same and brings my appetite back.  Anyone else find that working out helps take nausea away or bring back your appetite?

Re: Workout anyone?

• I haven't had nausea or appetite issues but I definitely find I have more energy on days I work out! I try to fit either a workout or a walk in every day and if I miss it, I'm dozing on the couch!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have worked out throughout all of my pregnancies. I love swimming for cardio. I try to do that 2-3 a week and lift weights 2x/week too. I think it helps me have more energy and feel better all around. Swimming is great when I'm super huge too bc I'm not feeling all that pressure in my pelvis for awhile. It's somewhat therapeutic. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a run in Monday morning! And now am hoping to get another one in today or tomorrow. I just have to find the energy/drive. Exercising sadly doesn't seem to give me more energy or help with the queasiness :-/ 
  • moderate work outs have helped me fight fatigue and nausea lately. today i think i waited too long to eat breakfast and i got some nausea after my morning workout. 
  • I'm a runner but I've been struggling lately. it doesn't help much with the exhaustion at all. 
    Anyone else feeling ridiculously sweaty already? It might also just be the crazy Texas weather haha
  • I've had so much more fatigue with this pregnancy than my last, but I'm still aiming for 3x a week.  I do cardio or lift based on how I'm feeling, both if I feel great.  I was able to still work out up to 38w with DS, I'm hoping for the same this time around.  It was only walking a mile at the end, but it was something!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • At this point in this pregnancy I haven't and can't find the time. I'm in bed by 8:15pm and dragging myself out of bed at 6:15am. Hoping second trimester will be better to me and I can get back into my workout routine. 
  • Tennis ChickTennis Chick member
    edited January 2017
    I aim to walk 4-5 days a week (for about an hour). I definitely find I have more energy and it helps my appetite. I used to be a runner but never got back into it once DS was born!  :'(

• MamaForesterMamaForester member
    edited January 2017
    I've been doing 2 to 3 miles on the elliptical first thing in the morning most days....i definitely feel better overall when i do! With my last pregnancy I did 3 miles on the elliptical or outside walking all the way until 37 weeks. Also agree with PP who mentioned swimming....sooooo good especially later on when you feel like a whale but need some exercise! We don't have an indoor pool in my little town so I'll have to wait til summertime for that.  :)
  • @JustBored10 a fellow crossfitter! I am so envious you get to work out-- my doctor casually said I should do "gentle" exercise and "no crossfit" when he put me on progesterone. I see him tomorrow and am excited to get clarification, because for the past 2 weeks I've been too nervous to do ANYTHING active. I have a feeling he was playing it safe by saying that, but I would love to get back in the gym and am nervous I'll be limited during pregnancy. Usually very active, so I'm going stir crazy (and eating everything I see). Are you changing any movements?
  • Are any of you reducing intensity of your workouts? 
  • eahayes said:
    Are any of you reducing intensity of your workouts? 
    I am not reducing the intensity of workouts, but I don't do cross fit. I do mainly HIIT workouts, spin, and body pump. I've been aiming for 3 days a week. I walked all the way up to delivery with my son (41 weeks). I gained a lot of weight with him so I don't plan on cutting back intensity this time unless I physically can't do it. My OB only said no treadmill running.
  • @eahayes The only restriction I have for first trimester which I am doing my self is going to box step ups from jumps ups.  Only because I do not want to lose my balance or jump down wrong.  My doctor is very supportive of me continuing as long as I feel comfortable. I did the fight gone bad WOD last night.  Kicked my butt to the point that I didn't stay for the strength portion of my workout.  Food and sleep were more important to me last night!
  • eahayes said:
    Are any of you reducing intensity of your workouts? 
    No, but I like swimming so there really isn't a need to reduce intensity of that. I will keep running and lifting too. All at my normal intensities. 
  • I'm working out three days a week lifting weights and hitting the elliptical. I'm not pushing myself very hard when I lift the weights though and I'm not trying to make gains, just keeping my strength up :)
  • @jessieR358 did your Dr happen to mention anything about why no treadmill? I haven't had my first appointment yet and probably need to ask about this since it was my plan for summer running!
  • Hi all - my last pregnancy I had awful nausea and didn't keep up with working out. So far my nausea isn't as bad, and I do see improvement with some of my symptoms when I maintain my activity leve. I have been pretty active leading up to this pregnancy and when I talked to my doctor this week he said to just "play it smart" as long as I'm not working out SO intensely I cannot have a conversation or I see stars, I'm good to go. I wear a heartrate monitor and he told me that given my age and fitness there is no reason why I cannot get my heartrate up - just not go beyond 160/170 for increased duration. I'll make some modifications in 2nd tri when I can no longer lay on my back or do ab workouts.  
  • jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited January 2017
    MrsJessS said:
    @jessieR358 did your Dr happen to mention anything about why no treadmill? I haven't had my first appointment yet and probably need to ask about this since it was my plan for summer running!
    Yes, he's worried about the risk of falling and hurting the baby. Balance is off when pregnant, etc. I think the first trimester is totally fine. I can't run when I'm pregnant because A) I have to pee the whole time and B. I have to pee the whole time  lol ;) 
  • MrsJessSMrsJessS member
    edited January 2017
    MrsJessS said:
    @jessieR358 did your Dr happen to mention anything about why no treadmill? I haven't had my first appointment yet and probably need to ask about this since it was my plan for summer running!
    Yes, he's worried about the risk of falling and hurting the baby. Balance is off when pregnant, etc. I think the first trimester is totally fine. I can't run when I'm pregnant because A) I have to pee the whole time and B. I have to pee the whole time  lol ;) 
    Thanks! Will have to ask about it. This is my first time so I have no idea how it'll go. Hoping I can get through the 15k, half marathon a Ragnar I have coming up between now and early April!
    Living in Texas I am thinking running outside is just not going to be an option once summer hits! I'm already sweating like crazy hahaha
  • @MrsJessS wow! Im impressed! I've seen women run marathons 9 months pregnant and I have no idea how they do it. I wish I was that physically fit, but alas, I am not. Definitely get a Bob to run with after baby. They are the best jogging strollers! 
  •  I have to pee the whole time and B. I have to pee the whole time  lol ;) 
    Haha I learned the hard way (after baby #1) that I can no longer jump rope because of that :P
  • @jessieR358 the BOB is already at the top of my must have list! I'm an ultramarathon person usually so a slow half isn't too bad! I hope haha. Mostly just bummed that I can't drink the free beer at the end!!
  • I try to walk and down exercise video at night. I feel good walking but so tired pushing a double stroller around which is the only way to get a walk in. Haven't noticed any affects on me, maybe because I do a video at night, shower and go to sleep!