July 2016 Moms

GTKY: You!

edited January 2017 in July 2016 Moms
Since we have a somewhat different group than we did last year, let's all get to know each other! Share as much or as little as you're comfortable with. If you think of your own GTKY question(s), go ahead and start your own thread! Let's have some fun!

Your name:

Your and SO's ages:

Baby(ies) names and birth date:

Where you're from:

Any other kids?:

Fur babies?:

What do you do for a living (work, SAHM):

Bonus: Any meaning behind your screen name?:

Re: GTKY: You!

• Loading the player...
  • @HoneyBear40 we must be around the same area! If you're ever interested in a meet-up, PM me! E and I definitely could use some baby/momma buddies!
  • @Heathereaddy spit my water out! Too funny :D
  • @TiffRox81 :smile::smile: I would love to be back in sac! I miss the weather. 
  • winnie1122winnie1122 member
    edited January 2017
    Bump cut me off and won't let me edit. Here's the rest! 

Basically doing anything that lets me stay home with P as much as possible! I was a high school teacher before having him.

Screenname is just because my favorite children's book is Winnie the Pooh.

ETA: Whoops I guess it did save my edits on the first one. Ignore me.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Omg Fazoli's!!! I LOVE Fazoli's!! My good friend from WI used to work there...and then the Rocky Rocco at the mall, haha!! I like that place too. 
  • Your name: Kiki

Your and SO's ages: 31 and DH is 32

Baby(ies) names and birth date: Sidra 20/7, we call her Sisi

Where you're from: Jakarta, Indonesia

Any other kids?: Not yet

Fur babies?: Sven, an exotic short-hair cat

What do you do for a living (work, SAHM): I'm a marketing manager for a consumer goods company.

Bonus: Any meaning behind your screen name?: it was a creative nickname I use mainly in social media.
  • @winnie1122 you wrote a book?? That's kind of awesome. 
  • @jjtruffles - i feel like I need to see a pic of Rooney!  I love big dogs- we fostered a great dane for 10 months in 2015 and i miss him so much.  We were on the hunt for one and then I found out I was preggers...thank goodness we didn't get one...a newborn and a dane pup would've been way too much
  • @jjtruffles another firecracker baby! And Caden was on the top of my name list! We almost went with it :) 
  • kburg15kburg15 member
    edited January 2017

Your name: Katy

Your and SO's ages: I'm 28 and husband is 30

Baby(ies) names and birth date: Field 7/20

Where you're from: Indiana 

Any other kids?: Nope

Fur babies?: A Miniature Dachshund, Lisle--such a sweetie

What do you do for a living (work, SAHM): I work in Procurement for a medical device company 

Bonus: Any meaning behind your screen name?: Nope, just my abbreviated name. Oops the wrong name is showing up. It should say kburg15--I just fixed it
  • @kmurdock925 this is Rooney. He's more shepherd sized than great dane, probably about 65-70lbs. He's got the long legs & white markings of a dane on his legs/underbelly. He reminds me of Marmaduke only smaller.

@arhodes6 yesss firecracker babies! my EDD was the 10th and EVERYONE kept telling me he was going to be a 4th of July baby...I was so worried about him being born on the 4th and what do ya know haha. Of course I'm excited about it now though...there will be fireworks every year just for him  ;)
  • @jjtruffles I'm excited now too but I was freaking out about it. My due date was the 4th so I was convinced it wouldn't happen lol and it did! It's not a bad holiday to be born on though :smile:
  • Your name: Jen

Ages: 31

Baby name and birthday: Elijah, 6/24/16

Other kids?: Nope

Fur Babies: Carmen, doggie

Work: PT mental health therapist, PT SAHM

Screen name: My name/initials

• Your name: Melissa

Your and SO's ages: 31, 32

Baby(ies) names and birth date: 
    Rose Maisie, 8/1 (due 7/27)

Where you're from: San Diego

Any other kids?: nope! Don't know how you moms of more than one do it

Fur babies?: Two - Sampson, a ten year old boxer and Ginger, a 110lb German shepherd/Doberman (we think) horsedog. I had Charger, a dachshund until June of last year  :'(

What do you do for a living (work, SAHM):
    ER doc

Bonus: Any meaning behind your screen name?: Nah, like others I'm a creature of habit and had it assigned to me back in the day

• Your name: Shelley

Your and SO's ages: I'm 29 and he's 30

Baby(ies) names and birth date: John 7/31

Where you're from: I'm from Maine but due to my husbands work, we move all over the country.

Any other kids?: Not yet

Fur babies?: Yes. I have a 14 y/o dachshund named Digger. I found him on the side of the road 8 years ago and he hasn't left my side since. 

What do you do for a living (work, SAHM): Currently I'm a SAHM. But prior to that I worked as a hospice social worker. I'm a LCSW.

Bonus: Any meaning behind your screen name?: It's implied :)