April 2017 Moms

FB group. Are we ready?

I know we decided to hold off on the group during the last discussion awhile back. Now that we're entering the third tri I was wondering if we are ready to start it up? MOTN threads will be picking up soon as the third tri insomnia kicks in. More babies will be arriving before we know it. Personally I find FB an easier communication platform than TB. But I know not everyone feels that way and we will still use TB. 

My J13 BMB started our FB about this time and we are going strong over 4 years later so I feel like we're ready. 

Maybe someone one could start a poll to see where everyone stands. I'm willing to help get the group up and running if need be. 
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FB group. Are we ready?

• I'm good to join!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I have fb groups coming out of my ears. I'd prob join closer to EDD.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I think its a good time. @lovelongdog06 I have the same issues! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • I think we have a small enough group of regulars that it wouldn't be a bad idea. I'd be wary of the randos, though.
  • I haven't had a Facebook in... three years now? I either deleted it or deactivated it. So unless you guys are okay with adding a re-activated account with no history for the past three years, or a brand spanking new account, I won't be migrating over to FB with you ladies.
  • I would join anytime! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not totally sure if I want a Facebook group. But, I guess I am willing to give it a try if that is the only way to communicate with everyone. But, fair warning, I generally try to keep Facebook a place for people I actually know irl. So, I will give it a try, but might decide to delete it. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in as well. Again, pref regulars, at the risk of sounding exclusionist. Also I do hope we keep up some of the regular threads here. I especially like ticker changes to know where everyone is and how we're doing. 
  • I agree with regs only. We don't have a super huge group here so it's shouldn't be to hard. Any suggestions on how to screen for that? 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm not totally sure if I want a Facebook group. But, I guess I am willing to give it a try if that is the only way to communicate with everyone. But, fair warning, I generally try to keep Facebook a place for people I actually know irl. So, I will give it a try, but might decide to delete it. 
    This is how I feel...nothing personal to any of the ladies here.

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'd be in (and I'm not sure I'm really a regular), but only after the babe arrives. I've actually not said anything on FB and now I kind of want to keep it that way until there's an actual baby. Would you accept people more at the birth date?
  • I'm in either way. You don't have to be friends with everyone in order to be in the group, so there's still a veil of privacy. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm in! I still love my BMB from Aug15, and am active with that FB group all the time. I don't know what I would do without them. 
  • I sort of second what everyone else has already said. I'm good with joining a Facebook group whenever it's up and running, and I appreciate the privacy settings being in place and the screening for randos. 
  • I'm in, Facebook is way easier for me.
    Me: 29 DH: 31 Married: 9/17/2014
    1st child, 2 fur-babies
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @ashleym112 Yes, I'd be fine if it is a secret group (I think you may need to friend an admin to get into a secret-only group, though people with concerns can always unfriend after). If you can add people by email that's fantastic. My concern was with a closed group where you can see who joins and is a member, and I didn't really want to join "April 2017 Expectant Moms" or whatever as my pregnancy announcement. ;)
  • teamla said:
    @ashleym112 Yes, I'd be fine if it is a secret group (I think you may need to friend an admin to get into a secret-only group, though people with concerns can always unfriend after). If you can add people by email that's fantastic. My concern was with a closed group where you can see who joins and is a member, and I didn't really want to join "April 2017 Expectant Moms" or whatever as my pregnancy announcement. ;)
    I don't think you it shows up on your reg FB newsfeed that you're in or when you join, but I can check on that. I totally get that though, that was also concern for me when I first joined my first bmb's one. You can immediately de-friend the admin once you're in or vice versa. The big thing will be picking 2-3 people we trust here to facilitate this and who don't mind friending and then de-friending people after a day or two. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17