August 2017 Moms

Old Fart Mama Weekly Check In (Mothers of "Advanced Maternal Age" 1/17)

So last week we sort of agreed a weekly check in would be cool :)

Mini Intro - how old are you?

How far along are you?

How is being an AMA mama treating you?

If you have BTDT how is this pregnancy different from last time around? If this is your first go, what is surprising?

GTKY: What do you do besides growing tiny humans? 

Re: Old Fart Mama Weekly Check In (Mothers of "Advanced Maternal Age" 1/17)

• Mini Intro - how old are you? 
    38 and feeling it today!

How far along are you?
    8 weeks, 1 day

This week I feel pretty good but sooooooooooooo tired. I cannot get enough sleep. There are not enough hours in the day to get enough sleep. Slightly less rage-y this morning than I was yesterday. 

If you have BTDT how is this pregnancy different from last time around? If this is your first go, what is surprising?
    I have the same wicked heartburn I had with my boys but less nausea. Just as exhausted, maybe more so.

SPED teacher in a small super rural Alaskan school district. Village is pretty much 100% Alaskan natives. Along with teach we are starting to homestead a bit, so I also have goats, chickens, turkeys, and rabbits (raising for meat and fur). 
  • Love this thread!

35, will be 36 at delivery. 
    How far along are you?
    12 weeks today!
    Good. I got my Panorama test results today and baby tested negative for all genetic defects in the panel!
    I've been super sick, but have also been on Progesterone for the first time ever. Hoping stopping it will improve my symptoms. 
    I am a small animal Veterinarian, in addition to part time ER vet and full time mom to two. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited January 2017
    37, yet feel like I am 90 today.  

How far along are you?
    11 weeks tomorrow.

Not tired, but exhausted all the time.  Wish I could sleep 6-8hours straight, but so far not working out the way I want.  Not sure if that is being AMA or because I have a toddler.

I think I am more exhausted and have more food aversions.  So far I am not craving anything.

Sadly, I don't do too much.  I am a former teacher turned SAHM who volunteers in some local organizations.  One of the groups I work with raises about $15,000 of scholarship money annually.  It's a ton of work, but goes for a great cause.

I also (usually) love to cook/ bake or pretend I am crafty.  Honestly, I need to get more projects done before this new kiddo arrives.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mango517Mango517 member
    edited January 2017
    33, going to be 34 when I deliver
    I know- not *technically* AMA but I feel like I fit here

How far along are you?
    8w2d

So far the pregnancy has been only kinda rough. I have my fingers crossed that I still have some collagen left and my skin doesn't go to complete shit during this.

Honestly, I'm a walking bundle of anxiety normally and was always very concerned about my mental health during pregnancy. BUT I am so freaking zen right now it's pretty amazing. I'm amazed at how brain chemistry can change so drastically because of pregnancy. I hope it stays around!

I work as a corporate trainer full time. In our spare time H and I are DIY'ers- fixing up crappy houses and building things. We're both pretty handy.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 you totally fit here :)
    33; soon to be 34

How far along are you?
    About 8 wks. 

All I want to do is sleep or eat; even when I am nauseated. But otherwise doing well -- getting stoked for my u/s on Thursday

I have had two pregnancy losses before -- both very early on. This time, I definitely feel more sick to my stomach and exhausted. I am hopeful this is a good sign that baby is healthy. 

I am a neuroscientist and do science policy. I also love painting and calligraphy. 
  • edited January 2017
    Mini Intro - how old are you? 34, but will be 35 when I deliver

How far along are you?
    7 weeks, 2 days 

I'm exhausted! But with 3 kids already, I don't have time for all that! Mama's got stuff to do. I feel every bit my age by the end of the day & my whole body hurts. 

I was really fatigued like this with my last pregnancy in 2015.  I just need a tenth of the energy my kids have! 

I am currently a stay-at-home-mom, but I had a career in research at the University in my hometown for almost 15 years, before deciding to stay home with my littles. 
    35. Will be 36 in a couple of weeks.

How far along are you?
    7W 5D

Well spotting Monday morning turned into light bleed that still hasn't stopped but hasn't gotten worse. Going in for an ultrasound tomorrow because my first appointment is not until the 27th. I have hope but so on edge...

I have insomnia this time instead of being able to sleep for hours. Oh yeah, and then the bleeding... 

I am an environmental scientist and manage projects. On my off days, I chase after my toddler. @AKFarmerBecky  several years ago I worked for an Alaskan native company. Shareholders were in Point Hope. Familiar? I never got to go but I did get to work in Anchorage for a week. If that work was scheduled one week later, they would have flown me up with the group for a whaling ceremony because they caught one shortly after I left. It would have been interesting.

• Mini Intro - how old are you?    I turned 36 a few weeks ago so I'll also be 36 when I deliver.  

How far along are you? 11 weeks tomorrow 

I'm just soooo tired and for some strange reason my kids aren't slowing down for me.    :)

So sick this time and so tired.  B6 and unisom have helped a bit but I'm still nauseous most of the day.   It started really early on this time too which was a bummer.  I feel like I've been sick forever.  

Take care of my medium sized humans (6&4).   I'm also in school, part time this semester, for elem Ed.  2 years to go.  

34, soooo close to 35 by delivery (but not quite!)

How far along are you?
    11 weeks!!

Being sick and tired is hard, and I can't help but think being older isn't helping! 

I'm so much more sick this time around! I remember nausea with my DD, but not at ALL to this level. Looking forward to 2nd trimester.

I'm a lawyer.
  • @kristisigma good luck at your appt, keep us posted!!

35, 36 in September! 

How far along are you?
    8 weeks 1 day. <2 weeks to that first appt finally!

just so effing tired. 

If you have BTDT how is this pregnancy different from last time around? If this is your first go, what is surprising? I'm more bitchy this time around. I really had no mood changes with DS. If anything I was happier and more positive my last pregnancy. 

GTKY: What do you do besides growing tiny humans. I'm an underwriter at a national medical malpractice insurance company. Soooo yeah, that's exciting  :| 
    34. DH just turned 40 FWIW

How far along are you?
    9w4d

Definitely more tired, but could also be the 2 and 4 year old

I am much moodier, sorry DH. I have two girls and I'm not as sick as I was with the first, but way sicker than I was with my second. With my second I felt so smart and loved going to work and she came out a little baby genius. Right now I feel dumb AF and slightly concerned for this LO ;) 
    also, I had a precipitous labor with my second (car baby) and they said that could likely occur again so I will be on the lookout for that 

I am a quantitative analyst at an asset manager so I program in multiple languages and do stock market related stuff. DH works at same company so we commute 1.5h each way together and that is our date time. In any "free" time we have we do family ski trips, work on our old New England house and I am a big runner and animal lover!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Mini Intro - how old are you?  39

How far along are you? 
    11w and some odd days...3 maybe?

How is being an AMA mama treating you?  Same as being a non-AMA mama.

If you have BTDT how is this pregnancy different from last time around? If this is your first go, what is surprising?  This pregnancy is the same as my others.  Sensitive nipples, but no other symptoms.

GTKY: What do you do besides growing tiny humans?   Work at a bank and some singing when I have time.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • @KristiSigma
    Positive vibes for your appointment.

I have heard of Point Hope, but it is not nearby. I am in Western Alaska on the Kuskokwim River (Akiak). 

How far along are you?
    9 weeks 2 days

It's okay so far, but I know last pregnancy was hard on me so I expect it again. A lot of nausea, shortness of breath and fatigue, but so far it doesn't seem as bad as last pregnancy sor far (knock on wood.)
    See above. 

I work as a certified nurse midwife in a clinic and hospital setting. 
  • I had my first appointment, and my doctor said that even though I'm turning 35 the month I'm due (my bday is 8/5, EDD is 9/3 but will be early at 39 weeks due to c-section), I'll be treated as AMA during my whole pregnancy. I go back at 10 weeks to have the genetic testing blood draw (panaroma, which is covered by insurance for us old farts)! 

How far along are you?
    12w3d

How is being an AMA mama treating you? New aches and pains

If you have BTDT how is this pregnancy different from last time around? If this is your first go, what is surprising? 21 years ago was my last child so definately different. No morning sickness this time but lots of heartburn

GTKY: What do you do besides growing tiny humans? I'm a L&D registered nurse until I take boards to be a women's health nurse practitioner next month.

How far along are you?
    9+1

I'm tired and queasy.  I got sick for the first time at 3:45 a.m. today.  I've been close a few other times, but have managed to avoid it until now.  The spotting from the SCH stopped on Wednesday, but I keep waiting for the next episode.  I wish I could relax and enjoy the pregnancy more.

As far as symptoms, it hasn't been too different from my pregnancies with my 2 sons. I seem to have a different complication and/or scare with each pregnancy and I get more nervous with each one.

I'm an attorney.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sorry, I'm a bit late to the game, hope you don't mind if I jump right in.

How far along are you?
    11w2d
    I am very tired and very nauseous. Don't know if it's just the pregnancy or if it's because of my age and pregnant.
    My nausea and fatigue is a lot worse. (And I have no idea what BTDT stands for, I'm just guessing.)
    I own a printing shop.

• @russetmile
    BTDT  = Been There Done That :) And you are welcome to jump right in.
    I'm 42 & 1/2

How far along are you?
    15 weeks

pretty good - no sickness, just tired.  i had some hemorrhaging going on which has calmed down quite a bit.  otherwise, i'm pretty good. :)

well, i lost the first one at 7 weeks.  i made it to the 'stuffy nose' stage which somewhat keeps me awake at night.

i work as a laboratory tech at a wastewater treatment lab.  everyone has been really good about doing the heavy lifting things, since my doctor doesn't want me to lift more than 10 pounds.