February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 1/16/17

Re: Symptoms 1/16/17

• Oh wow that's crazy. I'm glad they let you sit!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @blush64, I'm going to try and get in with a new psychiatrist and see what I can do. I hope you get to feeling better yourself in the meantime. 

@perrasucia hope you're feeling better soon too
  • Loading the player...
  • Today was the first day it felt like this pregnancy was kicking my ass. For a good portion of the morning I was short of breath and light headed, even just from standing doing nothing but handing out cheese samples. One of my co-workers got me a chair, but the store manager took it away after like 45mins insisting that I was not allowed to sit at work with out a doctor's note. Hoping this doesn't repeat tomorrow because I don't know what I'll do :/ Aside from those couple of symptoms creeping up on me it's just been more period like cramping and vaginal discharge. The next month or so is going to be interesting that's for sure.
  • @BeckS13 I want to kick your manager's ass! Who does that?!?
  • @BeckS13 Who is that big of a jerk?!? I'm so sorry!

Last night I was in bed asleep, middle of the night, and tried to turn over in my sleep but was awakened by a horrible pain in my stomach. Once it woke me up I just laid still and it went away after a few minutes but it happened twice and I have no idea what it was. It wasn't a contraction. It was just on the side I was laying and if I moved it was almost like I was pulling a muscle kind of. Baby has been moving all morning but it was a little freaky in the middle of the night.

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pelvic girdle pain came back with a vengeance, and I really need to make a trip to Walmart... :/
  • feelingjovanifeelingjovani member
    edited January 2017
    @kswiger06 I was taking so many Tums for my heartburn that when I asked my midwife about it she said if you're taking more than the recommended amount per day it's not like you'll overdose but it becomes pointless and should use something stronger.  I started taking Pepcid twice a day and I'll often take 2 Tums chews at night before bed.  It's helped a lot.

My newish symptom is that I'm having a weird almost like electric jolt every so often in my hip.  I guess it's more around the front of my hip or pelvis where my leg meets my body on the left.  When it happens it makes me gasp because it's such a weird feeling.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was also taking tums and my doctor said you can't OD, but they do cause kidney stones in high doses. Which I've had twice and that pretty much sent me into a panic. I was on Zantac and that did nothing. She then moved me onto Pepcid, which has completely eliminated it. She said they generally don't recommend it for just the occasional heartburn, but if it's severe, you can take it. They just like the try the other options first. 
  • @gretchypoo My OB suggested I buy some Cortisone cream, so I bought the one that had aloe in it. It helps, but it doesn't totally take away the itchiness and I have to re-apply like every two hours. I woke up this morning and the cream had worn off during the night and I seriously almost cried I was in so much pain/itchy. The rash has spread from just being on my belly, to my inner thighs, and is now making it's way down my calves :(

I'm going to order some of that soap @partyof6? recommended and see if that helps.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• GretchypooGretchypoo member
    edited January 2017
    @scifichick09 That seriously sucks. I hope you get some relief from the soap. I'll be thinking of you. when are you due, again?

@BeckS13 call your dr and get a note! I guarantee they will give you one. Your manger is an asshole.
  • @scifichick09 Lol! I bet! Well i hope lo comes soon and you get relief.
  • I had never heard of prodromal labor, but after reading about it, I'm wondering if that's what my very painful, regular BH is. I've been having it for weeks, generally in the evening or night hours. I'll have to mention it to my OB.
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger ugh I'm so sorry your dealing with this :(. What have your doctors said? Have you been check/are the contractions productive? I've had very similar stuff for the past week and a half but mine aren't doing anything. Hang in there!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I can totally empathize with you! After two bouts of preterm labor with my first, I had prodromal labor for about a month. As a matter of fact, I never got to experience the "This is it!" moment because when I went in for NST they thought I was in labor. I knew I wasn't but got admitted anyway. On the L&D floor everything stopped and I had to be started on pitocin to kick start things. Hang in there girl! It's super frustrating.
  • Thanks @jlellis603 and @foxrosy it is certainly no fun! And the doctors started checking my cervix early but other than that there's nothing they can really do. It sucks but it's good to know I'm not alone in this annoying process. <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • All day, I've felt like my right hip socket is out of whack.  It hurts when I walk and sit down/get up from sitting.  I constantly feel like it needs to pop but it's not happening.  Not sure if I slept wrong of it's just continuing to loosen up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MLRocha said:
    All day, I've felt like my right hip socket is out of whack.  It hurts when I walk and sit down/get up from sitting.  I constantly feel like it needs to pop but it's not happening.  Not sure if I slept wrong of it's just continuing to loosen up.
    I had this the other day. It is the worst! I hope it feels better soon :(
  • @kswiger06 I was taking so many Tums for my heartburn that when I asked my midwife about it she said if you're taking more than the recommended amount per day it's not like you'll overdose but it becomes pointless and should use something stronger.  I started taking Pepcid twice a day and I'll often take 2 Tums chews at night before bed.  It's helped a lot.

My newish symptom is that I'm having a weird almost like electric jolt every so often in my hip.  I guess it's more around the front of my hip or pelvis where my leg meets my body on the left.  When it happens it makes me gasp because it's such a weird feeling.
    I had a strange pain today in my "leg pit" like the inside where my leg goes up to meet in the crotch area. It felt like a shooting pain clear down the inside of my leg down to my foot. It almost seemed like a giant cramp mixed with a pinched nerve, and it was very weird and hurt too!! 

Also thanks everyone for all the tums/reflux talk. Hopefully with all the suggestions on taking more or getting something stronger I can tame it down some. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The swelling has gotten so bad, according to my OB office scale, I've gained 5 lbs in a week. I feel like it's all in my ankles! And my BP was a little high at my appt today. But no protein in urine, so the weren't too concerned.
  • +1 to swelling. 

My son was due at the end of August and I was beyond swollen everywhere through out the whole summer. 

This time around, I figured I would get away with no swelling considering I'm almost at the very end but last night I noticed my ankles were bigger and my face is rounder. Sigh. At least there's not much time left!! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • +1 to swelling. 

My son was due at the end of August and I was beyond swollen everywhere through out the whole summer. 

This time around, I figured I would get away with no swelling considering I'm almost at the very end but last night I noticed my ankles were bigger and my face is rounder. Sigh. At least there's not much time left!! 
    Same, but my I had my daughter in oct and my feet and ankles were balloons throughout the summer and until delivery. I also thought I'd be ok and get away without any swelling, but I've noticed my shoes getting tight and ankles are a bit swollen. It's nowhere near what it was last time but it still sucks. 
  • My feet are so swollen and they hurt  :( I try and keep them as elevated as possible, but I know they're not up high enough while I'm at work  
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• So at yesterday's appt, I had my third cervix check this pregnancy. The other two were uncomfortable but not painful, and no spotting/cramping following. After yesterday's check, which was more painful than the others, my OB said "you'll probably experience some bleeding" (not spotting), which I thought was odd. Since that check, I have been bleeding similar to the last day of a period bleeding, and have had weird semi-painful cramping. Something seems significantly different and, despite the ethical question of not telling/asking me, I am convinced she performed some sort of membrane sweep given the high BP and swelling. 
  • Wow, if that's true that's completely messed up @Patience7150. I'm sure if she thought that was necessary she could have been honest and talked to you about it. Yikes. Did she give you a report for dilation/effacement?
  • @Patience7150 That is really scary. I hate hearing stories of providers who don't get consent. I hope it really was just a check but you can call and ask if you are concerned.
  • Right...I would have said yes had she asked, but that really doesn't matter. I was still completely closed and just starting to soften, and given the other things going on, I'm okay trying to get this show on the road with as few drugs as possible. But I'd still like to know what she's doing. 
  • @Patience7150 I hope that your dr didn't do anything without talking to you first, that would be very upsetting. It's weird they said you could experience "bleeding" instead of "spotting". I hope the cramping and bleeding is just from the exam and a result from being softer and closer to baby time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • She might have just sucked at giving them @Patience7150 . I've had 4 so far and three were fine and one hurt like hell and I bled after!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • So, I was walking down the hall at work and suddenly felt like I was leaking fluid, I go to the bathroom to check my pad (I'm having incontinence issues) and there's a sort of creamy white discharge, but a lot more than I've ever had before. Anybody know if I should be concerned? Or is this normal?

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @scifichick09 - this has happened to me a few times. my OB said it is totally normal but you could always call yours to double check. Mine told me to expect the increase of that type of discharge, and to only be concerned if I have bright red bleeding or fluid loss

• @LivingLaVidaGinger :# eeh hopefully your body either chills or makes it clear it's in labor for you!

also id been craving baked potatoes, so I made them for dinner tonight!
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger - keep us posted...good luck with everything! 

• @LivingLaVidaGinger I am sorry that this has been so miserable for you, now annoying and what a tease. Hopefully it turns into something or stops! 
  • It's not necessarily pressure I'm feeling on my cervix, but it almost feels sore like I spent a day horseback riding?
  • I feel like shit. When do we stop feeling like shit?