Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Intro Thread 1.14

I know newbies have been starting these, but, they haven't been getting started, so...
Welcome new members!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community so we can get to know you better! :smile:

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC? 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Newbie Intro Thread 1.14

• Options

Hi Everyone,

I have never been on Forums before but lately it is very hard to cope with the pain I'm going through. Im very happy girls keep it  positive, I wish all of you best of luck. Im trying to learn the rules of this community, so please don't be too hard on me. Also Im looking to find FF, so I stop feeling so lonely.

I want to thank Creators and Admins for giving us the opportunity to go through these tough times together.

I Cant wait till my next IUI, February IUI's lets unite!

Me: 30 DH: 38
    TTC since Fall 2015
    Unexplained
    1st IUI - Dec 31 2016 - BFN
    2nd IUI - Jan 28 2017 - BFN
    3rd IUI - Mar 2017 - BFN
    IVF - May
    1st FET - Jun 2017 -Cancelled 
    2nd FET - Aug 31 2017-Transferred 2 Sprinkles  
    BFP with one bean!
    <3

• Options
    Cinnamonn Cinnamonn member
    edited January 2017

Ages (you and SO): 29/36

How many months have you been TTC? 1.5 years

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 

I work in design firm and art/design is my passion overall. I'm obsessed with my dog and the city I live in. Im a very positive person and luck has been following me all my life, but I guess she gave me a break for now, hopefully not for long)))

Me: 30 DH: 38
    TTC since Fall 2015
    Unexplained
    1st IUI - Dec 31 2016 - BFN
    2nd IUI - Jan 28 2017 - BFN
    3rd IUI - Mar 2017 - BFN
    IVF - May
    1st FET - Jun 2017 -Cancelled 
    2nd FET - Aug 31 2017-Transferred 2 Sprinkles  
    BFP with one bean!
    <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    Welcome back @Scatterbug! Don't just lurk, join in! It's way more fun!
  • Options
    @Knottie70618200 welcome! Congratulations on your new home!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Welcome to all the new members. . May your time here be short. . FX for a BFP for each of you. . 

Me 38  3 DH 31

Married 2012

BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ag90 Could you elaborate on why you cut seafood out?

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @Kiki75 Because I'm unnecessarily cautious! :#  My Dr did tell me it wasn't necessary to cut out all caffeine and seafood when TTC but I could if that's what made me comfortable. I know low mercury seafood like salmon is totally ok throughout pregnancy - I may actually have to start eating it if I can't find a good DHA pill substitute (most pills have gelatin in them and I don't eat pork).
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• Options
    @Kiki75 I'm surprised my Dr didn't mention fish oil, just PNV, I found out about the DHA part through my lengthy PNV research. That list is really helpful. DH wanted to go for oysters the other night and I opted for not just out of nerves - I know it's all in my head but I can't help it! I'm sure as we continue on the TTC path I'll chill out. Thanks for the NutraSea tip, ordering that on Amazon ASAP!  Does it taste alright? I'm also not really a seafood person to begin with (though I love oysters and spicy salmon rolls, yum) so I'm dreading DHA.
    Anniversary

• Options
    :|  You get used to it. I do the lemony or whatever one. I think I got psyched up about it at first. I do it before the rest of my vitamins so I have plenty of water to rinse it down. If they have some cheap measuring spoons, order them, too. I'm up to a handful of sets because of that. Mine mentioned fish oil as being good for me just in general but that since it benefits the neurological system, it's good to have it on board when you get KU so that it can aid in development. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Hello, I'm new and don't know all rules, so sorry if I do mistakes.
    My name is Lainie, I'm 38 and this is my story.
    We were ttc for 3 years, we failed 3 cycles with oe and 2 with frozen transfers, i'm totally devastated. we've already changed the clinic and applying for another. As my husband is health, we want to try with de, i'm not sure whather this is a good idea but I hope we will succedd in
    thank you for reading
    wish you all luck xxx
  • Options
    @heavysnow sorry for your rough journey.  We have an IF thread that might be a good place for you and there is the IF board.. welcome
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @BreezyBee welcome!! I also love trashy (reality) tv! Housewives, vanderpump, and teen mom
    are my favs!!
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow All my faves. I was having quite the tv marathon last night. I fell asleep sometime in the middle of Teen Mom 2, so I'll have to revisit that one tonight!
  • Options
    @MLS6212 Welcome!  I assume you're from Ohio, whereabouts do you live? 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @MLS6212 welcome!!! DH is a HUGE Buckeyes fan too! (We aren't from Ohio, he is just a huge fan)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @lulu1180! I'm in Southwest Ohio. Was it the Buckeyes that gave me away? :)
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • Options
    @jess0211 Thanks for the welcome. Your DH must have good taste if he loves the Buckeyes and isn't even from Ohio!
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • Options
    @MLS6212 Just a little, we are pretty fanatical about our football in Ohio lol.  I'm in the Cleveland area (so northeast).  I get a little excited when another Ohioan pokes their head in.  Although they've all left me behind so far  :/

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @mls6212 welcome.  Its not a problem to join early there is the benched thread and lots of other weekly threads to join in on.  Don't feel bad, I was a super long time lurker while I waited form my first PP. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options

*TW

Ages (you and SO): me- 33 hubby- 34

How many months have you been TTC? long story

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? nothing at the moment, mc. Our doc said to wait a few aunt flow cycles so when we do get preggy, they'll have a solid base line.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) Together for almost 12 years & married 6.5 years. We have 2 fur babies (cats). We used to have a puppy, bully, but that didn't go well. We think it's my epilepsy he was scared of. Now he's with my cousin who has a female bully and a great life. I have epilepsy along with a crazy amount of other medical conditions. We sold our condo in August and were planning on moving to Florida after the holidays but that changed, ALOT. So for the time being, we're living with our parents again. He lives with his and I live with mine, really sux! But we see each other on the weekends, sometimes an extra day or 2. I have a pt job, nothing exciting. Love going to the gym for my 'group exercise' classes. I love binge watching on netflix and google play, sad I know, lol. .  

*TW
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married 6.5 years
    mc: 12.23.2016 (8 wks)
    ttc: in a few months

• Options
    @Avrilmai I just recently read the whole Harry Potter series and loved it! Welcome
  • Options
    Bump up :cookie:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @Avrilmai my H is also a huge football/soccer fan so our weekend mornings are pretty much consumed with watching EPL.  He's a Tottenham fan and I've become pretty obsessed now too.  Took him to a game at White Hart Lane last year for his 30th--it was amazing! And also a huge HP fan.  Welcome!

And welcome @LouiseStar!
    Me: 29 | DH: 30
    Married since: May 2015
    TTC #1 since August 2016 (also TTC for 3 months in Fall 2015)
  • Options
    @kmac09. Amazing. Getting to England and an EPL match is on our list of adventures (after, hopefully, becoming parents) DH is an Everton fan so he wants to go to  Goodison. 

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome! 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    Hey, more of a lurker because my H {who will be referred to as M because it's easier} and I aren't TTC yet but will be soon. We've had conversations about the obvious - health, financial, care, etc - but agreed to wait until end of summer.
    Here's my intro anyways!

Ages (you and SO): me: 29/ M 26

How many months have you been TTC? See above {not TTC until end of summer}

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)? Changing this - what are we doing to prep before TTC: I need to change medication and I want us to be in a better place financially. Ideally I'd like M to quit smoking before TTC, for all health reasons.

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.) 2 cats. Hobbies are makup, and getting into crafting plus I do Youtube vids. Job is reception at a bankruptcy firm, which I LOVE

• Options
    @kmac09 we're a Tottenham house too!! Went to England as part of our honeymoon (DH has family there, he's a half-Brit), and I took him to White Hart Lane to get him a Spurs kit as an early birthday present. No games while we were there, sadly. He is OBSESSED. DH even has an Xbox controller in Spurs colors  :D
    Anniversary

• Options
    Haha @ag90 my H is OBSESSED too.  No xbox controller in Spurs colors (how have I not thought of that as a gift?!?!) but we have a Spurs calendar, a Spurs clock, a signed picture, several kits, and he has a Spurs phone case!  He's going to a game again in April with his friends and I am so jealous I can't go this time!  You and your H will have to try to get to a game at some point (obviously not at WHL but the new stadium is going to be so cool!)--it was amazing! 
    Me: 29 | DH: 30
    Married since: May 2015
    TTC #1 since August 2016 (also TTC for 3 months in Fall 2015)
  • Options
    @kmac09 DH has been a bunch of times, but I've never been and want to really badly! We also have a Spurs calendar and a bunch of other things, but I made DH put them away because they didn't go with the decor of our apartment ( like his giant flag)...I think he's ok with it though :) I let the calendar stay haha
    Anniversary