February 2017 Moms

FFFC - Friday the 13th Edition

2»

Re: FFFC - Friday the 13th Edition

• Can we have any details or hints??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aussie45 said:
    Bump is acting weird and ate my post.

There are four parking spots for pregnant ladies at my work. Sidewalk is slippery, snow everywhere, all that jazz. There are two other noticeably pregnant people besides myself at work. Every morning there's about 5 cars there but since there are only four pregnancy spots, there's always someone else taking up visitor parking (same cars everyday). I too, have now started taking up visitor parking. If I'm parking elsewhere, it's a long walk in. If the barely showing pregnant people are parking in those spots everyday then I'm gonna park in visitor along with the other rebel pregnant lady (I know, people might not be showing much & further along or they could be only 8w & really sick/feel good). 

I feel slightly better about this because a while back there was a guy who parked there for an interview and I parked elsewhere. Granted, that was only one occasion but still. It makes me feel like I'm being a speshul snowflake and need to knock it off, but it makes my walks in and out to the car so much easier when I can park that close. I have a hard time convincing myself that I should park far away when the visitor spots are sitting right there empty.
    We have 5 maternity spots and you can only park there with a tag that you get in your third trimester. There are already more 3rd trimester ladies than parking spots. One day last week some jerk parked there without a tag. IT WAS NEGATIVE 3 DEGREES AND THERE WAS SNOW ON THE GROUND. I literally thought why am I even pregnant if I can't get this awesome parking spot anymore??? I almost completely lost it. Took a pic of the car and typed an email to security to tattle. Then told my friend in a wheelchair about it and he said "story of my life." ugh. I couldn't turn them in after that. Did send the complaining email to H though and that made me feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kswiger06  We absolutely do not live a life of luxury by LA standards that's for sure (its impossible to keep up with the Jones' here), but we work hard for what we have and consider ourselves fortunate. 

Also its not a huge deal, was a million years ago - the dawn of reality tv really.  But my H is very careful about what is online about him so I can't really go into it, sorry for being lame and saying anything at all.  You can PM me if you're dying to know :)
  • @kswiger06  We absolutely do not live a life of luxury by LA standards that's for sure (its impossible to keep up with the Jones' here), but we work hard for what we have and consider ourselves fortunate. 

Also its not a huge deal, was a million years ago - the dawn of reality tv really.  But my H is very careful about what is online about him so I can't really go into it, sorry for being lame and saying anything at all.  You can PM me if you're dying to know :)
    But we're literally ALL going to be dying to know. Was he a memorable cast member of a show? 
  • @Spicyweiner now I want to know who you suspect!! 
  • same here @Gretchypoo !
    I wanna know your story too, Ms. Fancy Pants!
  • Aussie45Aussie45 member
    edited January 2017
    @poetryandoceans I'm dying at worlds most cynical two year old  :D
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17

Hey! I did send a PM, but not for further details :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's me guise. I mean no one could really be this hawkward 
    But then does that make me fake too? 
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger lol at "ivory rubbish"!!!!  Sounds so civilized!
    I thought our plot twist was we were the same person. 

Which totally makes you the Tyler durden
    I'm SO Tyler Durden. 

I'm SO Tyler Durden. 
    You two are awesome. 

I'm SO Tyler Durden. 
    You two are awesome. 
    You should read our texts. We are hilarious. 
  • same here @Gretchypoo !
    I wanna know your story too, Ms. Fancy Pants!
    I was just thinking what kind of fancy pants person has never been to Walmart and doesn't shop at target either?! (I don't like Walmart, but FFFC I do shop there for cinnamon Crest and gummy B vitamins that my Target doesn't carry).
    Where do you buy regular stuff @MissMerciBeaucoup?

I just went to Target tonight for shampoo, face soap, ziplocs, storage bins for my son's bookshelves, yogurt, granola bars and Paw Patrol sheets. Where do fancy people get these kind of essentials? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @FreshBakedBrownies we have Amazon Prime and use that for a lot of the basic house things that maybe you would get at Target/Walmart.  We have boxes arriving a few times a week because I love having things delivered vs going to a store (and we will probably have a lot of baby essentials like diapers and wipes etc delivered too).  My last order had a squeegee for the glass wall in our shower, envelopes, eucalyptus essential oil, aluminum foil, and deodorant.  Other than basics like that kind of stuff on Amazon, lots of things we get from specialty stores.  Like we get our shampoo/conditioner/body lotion, etc. from Kiehls, my face products from my dermatologist/esthetician, etc.  My husband does the grocery shopping, but for all food I'm pretty particular and so we pretty much only go to Trader Joe's, Gelson's or Whole Foods, wine gets delivered from wineries we are members of.  For house stuff like sheets/duvet covers/towels, etc. I'm super particular and loooove them so I would be getting those from different stores (I won't name because I feel like this is sounding like one big label name drop) and usually spending way too much time deciding on which I like the best.  Bedding is life to me!!  Anyway - none of this has ever struck me as abnormal...
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup with the exception of bedding this is essentially how we shop as well. Our Amazon Prime addiction is insane. Our last prime order was dog treats, dog food, toilet paper and paper towels. 

I am not so into facial products so I grab a lot of stuff at Duane Reade (pharmacy). 

Grocery we are either TJ's or Whole Foods. And I've started using instacart, which will deliver whole foods to your door. 

Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • We are like supply junkies so we do prime and target and Costco. Basically we buy all the things. 
    <3 Costco and Target.
  • edited January 2017
    @krob I get the feeling we are sort of twinsies on opposite coasts in a lot of ways.  

ETA that I've heard good things about Instacart and was thinking that we may use that after baby...
  • @krob I get the feeling we are sort of twinsies on opposite coasts in a lot of ways.  

ETA that I've heard good things about Instacart and was thinking that we may use that after baby...

SITB

we used Instacart a lot while in Boston. I really liked it because for some stores they only charged store prices and were punctual and reliable in their service. There's one store in my current town that offers delivery, but you need to order minimum 120€ for it to be free delivery. Challenge accepted ;)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @MissMerciBeaucoup I would have never thought of buying some of those things on Amazon! But I can understand how it might be easier in a bigger city to shop that way (online for basics and specialty shops for more personal or specfic things).
    I'd miss wandering Target though and finding all the things I didn't know I needed. @PerraSucia we love Costco too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MissMerciBeacoup I am a Target lover but my grocery shopping is similar to yours-WF usually ('cause it's closest), TJ sometimes, and also a good local chain we have that is pretty similar. I miss Wegmans from when I lived up in MA! I'm pescatarian but mostly vegetarian, and H prefers to eat high quality meat less frequently, so we've actually found we can get the things we want cheaper at the specialty stores than at a "regular" grocery store. I used to be a religious organic produce person; I've actually softened on that as I've learned more and worked adjacent to the agriculture industry ("big organic" has a fair amount of cons for both health and environmental impact) but there are still some things like milk, eggs, and strawberries that we get organic if at all possible, and they are loads cheaper at WF. We also have a membership to a local veggie farm, which is both very high quality and very cost-efficient.

So basically we're big food nerds (I won't say snobs since we'll also inhale a frozen pizza in a pinch and don't ask obnoxious questions when we're at restaurants or someone's home) and that's my very late FFFC. Judge away!
  • @xstatic3333 we also get a farm box for fruits and vegetables! So great! But I love it in the summer time so much more because of all the deliciousness!!