Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched/TTA NYE Check-In

2»

Re: Benched/TTA NYE Check-In

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA until spring/summer until after we know where we're moving/have new jobs. 

What brings you here? I always knew we were going to start trying again when DS turns 2 this spring, but ever since he met his new little baby cousin at Christmas and loved her so much it made me excited to get started.  Cycles have been weird since period came back after I stopped BFing  (for the past year) so I decided to join this community to learn how to temp and chart.

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully only until about May, June at the latest. 

How have things been going? Pretty good. Last semester of grad school, enjoying playing with my awesome toddler now that he can talk. 

Any R/R/CS? No

GTKY: What are five non-TTC goals for 2017?

1. Graduate
    2. Find a job
    3. Move
    4. Get back to a healthy weight/fitness level before TTC
    5. Finish that book I've been working on. 
  • Options
    @sglen3 I'm sorry you lost your job. I'm still a zombie, so I can't remember if I said something recently. I hope you get one soon and can get in the game. Try to think of this as a freeing time where you really get to think about where you want to work and be.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NYTino24 Thank you.  We are probably going to start trying anyway and I will try and negotiate the to hold my position when I go on leave (for no pay).  We agreed that we would wait till after my birthday and rediscuss then which is in just a few weeks.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I was hoping you would not be back here so soon.  Internet hugs to you!!

Me 30 DH 36                                  
    Married 9/26/15
    TTC 2/10/17 - BFP 5/5/17 - EDD 1/11/18

• Options
    sheknows6sheknows6 member
    edited January 2017
    Hi ladies, I go here now. CD1 today also 

Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched

What brings you here? A revision surgery for my brachioplasty next month (2/13) and a change of medication

How long do you think you'll be here? Until I can change meds on 3/17, so 2 cycles, 3 cycles at most.

How have things been going? Things are well, and I'm happy to be on a path to healing at the very least. I am really hopeful my period will be longer than 3 days this cycle, which would indicate my fertility is starting to return. Fingers crossed!

Any R/R/CS? No, I'm good :)

GTKY: What are five non-TTC goals for 2017?

1. Get rid of all immediate debt
    2. Save $10,000 between savings and retirement accounts
    3. Make more progress on my leg sleeve (Wizard of Oz portrait tattoos)
    4. Make more progress with improving my Graves Disease
    5. Get back into exercising and get fit! Goal #4 affects this in a big way

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Yay! Congrats @Tennis11785 fx your rainbow gets here soon!
  • Options
    Is there a day that you guys would prefer this thread is started, rather than Mondays?
    It wasn't started over this/last week (1/9) and OCD-me wants to start a new thread, but I feel like it's so close to Monday...

But I also feel like a lot (read: all) of the TTGP board threads are started on Mondays: IF check-in, grads thread, randoms, motivation Monday, Monday BF... on top of the dailies (WTO/TWW).

Thoughts on maybe making it a Sunday-start thread instead?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 I vote a Sunday start if I get a vote

(I'll be joining in on this thread soon :smile:)

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well it seems like we're officially in the NTNP boat instead of TTA. I had started BCP in October b/c we were going to TTA for a year. TTA until January was just so that I wouldn't be in my third trimester when we move back to the States but the rest of the year was just financial things. I had to stop my BCP because of horrible side effects but DH was pulling out. Turns out we both wanted to just "see what happens" but didn't mention it. I won't be temping/using OPKs/tracking O/etc. so I think that means NTNP. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slavenski That's really exciting! I wish my DH and I could have a NTNP phase but we will need to get the show on the road as soon as April rolls around. Unfortunately I can't risk getting KU before then. I think it's a little more romantic conceiving from NTNP though compared to when its a planned event for the main purpose of TTC lol
  • Options
    I planned on starting it on Monday. I am benched for two cycles.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I don't mind checking in on Monday's, but whatever works best for the majority. 

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 Yeah the last few months we had to TTA. There was no way I was risking being in my late second/third trimester and having to move from South Korea to NY. Even if I magically got KU this cycle I would be no more than 24 weeks along which is safe to fly and I can always leave Korea a few weeks before DH if need be. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    @slavenski That's really exciting! I wish my DH and I could have a NTNP phase but we will need to get the show on the road as soon as April rolls around. Unfortunately I can't risk getting KU before then. I think it's a little more romantic conceiving from NTNP though compared to when its a planned event for the main purpose of TTC lol
    What would possess you to say something like this on a board where the vast majority of women are actively TTC? Are you trying to offend people or just one-up them?

• Options
    adirat said:
    JJMNO1616 said:
    What would possess you to say something like this on a board where the vast majority of women are actively TTC? Are you trying to offend people or just one-up them?
    Absolutely not... why would I try to offend anyone here? I was trying to express excitment for her and her new status of NTNP. I don't know how I would be "one-uping" other people? I am not going to be having a NTNP phase when my husband and I start TTC and I was just stating that I think it would be nice to have that. We all have an end goal here and it doesn't make anyone better then any other person how they achieve that.  
  • Options
    I think what's offensive isn't your excitement for another member to be NTNP, but the fact you would place more romanticism on conceiving via NTNP versus those of us who are actively TTC. It's all in your presentation, and quite honestly what you said could be construed that way.

I think just being more mindful of how you word things would fix the issue @JJMNO1616

• Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited January 2017
    @sheknows6 I guess I could have prefaced my statement by clarifying that's how I feel personally about my own circumstances but I guess I don't really understand how anyone could generlize a statement like that towards others? I have no way of impacting the level of intimacy anyone on this board has with their partners or judging that level of romance. In my mind that just seems like a very bizarre thing for anyone to imply about someone else's relationship and sex life. I apprechiate that you shared your opinion on my comments in a polite way though and I will certainly keep that in mind in the future. I have been participating on TTGP for over a month now and I have learned a lot. I am not perfect and I will probably continue to make some mistakes but it is hurtful that any members would jump to the conclusion that I am trying to offend or one up anyone.  

ETA-

@adirat  I won't have that luxury either which is why I guess I am so confused by how my statement was precieved as a one-up. As I said before, I will be mindful of this feedback in the future and please know my intention was never to insinuate your sex life or TTC journey isn't romantic. That would just be weird.