September 2015 Moms

How many teeth does your lo have now?

Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
edited January 2017 in September 2015 Moms
Teeth and how to care for them. Anyone having issues success stories lets hear em!

How many teeth does your lo have now? 50 votes

16% 8 votes
16% 8 votes
32% 16 votes
12% 6 votes
6% 3 votes
6 or less
18% 9 votes

Re: How many teeth does your lo have now?

• jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited January 2017
    Holy buckets ... someone's LO has 16?! We're still sitting at 8 and have been for a few months, although is acting like he's about to get his molars. He got a late start, getting his first tooth at almost 8 months.

We went for our first pediatric dental visit around the 1-year mark. They didn't do much, other than scrape off some plaque around his two front teeth and did fluoride. We go back 6 months from then. We've been pretty good about brushing his teeth at least nightly before bed, struggling a bit on remembering in the morning. And he doesn't like it too much, so that makes it tricky, but he's gotten better! We stopped bedtime bottles around 14 months and just do water before bed now in a sippy, so hopefully that will help with the plaque around his two top teeth issue.
  • @jen83mn We have 16! its madness He is currently popping all four spikey front teeth (vampire teeth) and then he will have a full mouth all the way back to a first set of molars. We also got the flouride treatment from the pediatricians office. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Yiggle09

That's crazy! I hope it wasn't hell for you as he was going through it! My LO has taken teething in stride and it hasn't seemed to affect him much, but it's been very slow going for him so it hasn't been one after another.

I am anxious for him to get his molars in so he can start eating more of what we eat ... I'm ready to be done with cutting everything up into little pieces!
  • In the beginning with the drool it was annoying, he would constantly have a bib on to keep from getting a rash under his chin. Really he has done amazing. I can tell these recent ones are bothering him because hes not eating a bunch but they are almost in so I am hoping we get some relief soon!
  • @Yiggle09

Oh yeah, mine had the drool issue from 3 months until 7 months closer to when the first one came in. He had a major drool rash that we had to treat with prescription cream and Aquaphor. Happy to be over that!
  • Piper only has 4! She didn't even get her first tooth until 13 months!  :o
  • We have 12 and like @yiggle09 we have the top vampire teeth. Those seem to be the worst for us for some reason. The molars weren't even as bad. They just look bright red and angry AF. Cannot wait for this teething shit to be done!
  • Piper only has 4! She didn't even get her first tooth until 13 months!  :o
    My little guy only had front four forever!! Then he broke through 4 teeth at once! It was awful. They aren't 'down' all the way yet! Seems like it's taking forever. Hoping he can eat more real food when these teeth come in. He almost isn't walking at 16 months. Lol He is too busy climbing every piece of furniture in our house. I think he can walk, he just hasn't realized it yet. Hehe 
  • We didn't get our first tooth until 10 months and now have the front 8 and 2 molars. The molars came before the second set of 2 bottom teeth. 

We're having trouble with care because my daughter doesn't like anything near her face and gets angry when I try to do anything involving her face. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• And @LoveLee85 my daughter was the same way with the walking. Crawling and climbing everywhere but had like no interest in walking until one day around 16 months she did and it didn't take long for her to start walking like a pro. I think she will be running soon--she's already doing a wobbly baby jog lol. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• LoveLee85 said:
    Piper only has 4! She didn't even get her first tooth until 13 months!  :o
    My little guy only had front four forever!! Then he broke through 4 teeth at once! It was awful. They aren't 'down' all the way yet! Seems like it's taking forever. Hoping he can eat more real food when these teeth come in. He almost isn't walking at 16 months. Lol He is too busy climbing every piece of furniture in our house. I think he can walk, he just hasn't realized it yet. Hehe 
    Piper will only walk assisted. I'm glad I'm not the only one! ;) 
  • We have 12 and like @yiggle09 we have the top vampire teeth. Those seem to be the worst for us for some reason. The molars weren't even as bad. They just look bright red and angry AF. Cannot wait for this teething shit to be done!
    Yes! The vampire teeth were worse than molars for us too! Although LO did get both at the same time, so that might have contributed.
  • I accidentally hit 6 in the poll but baby has 8 teeth (4 front ones on top and 4 front ones on bottom).

She loves to brush her teeth, we brush and floss twice a day and she has only rejected it once. We use Tom's all natural training toothpaste. I'm very proud, but I think it helps that she watches my habits and wants to copy me. 
  • My LO has a full mouth :o He got four at three months and has been a crazy tooth popper ever since! I actually looked in his mouth yesterday to see if teething was the cause of his disrupted sleep/not eating well... and NOPE..no room in there for anymore... (turned out it was an ear infection :( )