February 2017 Moms

FFFC - Friday the 13th Edition

It's Friday the 13th and a full moon. Today should be interesting!

*not guaranteed to be flame free*

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC - Friday the 13th Edition

• Loading the player...
  • @lct2008 I must find those.
  • @Lafreeman21 What day? I told H that I'm getting a good dinner before we go to the hospital. Mines next Sunday and H is scheduled to work the weekend (he works overnight) so he's going to get off early Sunday morning so he's not asleep ALL day on my b-day.

We have our shower at church and it's supposed to be about 70 so there's no way I'm wearing pantyhose on Sunday. So I told H he has to help me shave my legs because I haven't shaved in awhile.

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @becbec28 mine's Sat. You have the busiest weekend ever. Sheesh!
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @foxrosy I don't peruse the candy aisle super regularly, but this is the first time I've ever seen them. They were so good that I wish it wasn't bad for me to want to go back and get another bag. 

. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I like Wal Mart way more than Target. 
     :o 
    No waaay!
  • Aussie45 said:
    Bump is acting weird and ate my post.

There are four parking spots for pregnant ladies at my work. Sidewalk is slippery, snow everywhere, all that jazz. There are two other noticeably pregnant people besides myself at work. Every morning there's about 5 cars there but since there are only four pregnancy spots, there's always someone else taking up visitor parking (same cars everyday). I too, have now started taking up visitor parking. If I'm parking elsewhere, it's a long walk in. If the barely showing pregnant people are parking in those spots everyday then I'm gonna park in visitor along with the other rebel pregnant lady (I know, people might not be showing much & further along or they could be only 8w & really sick/feel good). 

I feel slightly better about this because a while back there was a guy who parked there for an interview and I parked elsewhere. Granted, that was only one occasion but still. It makes me feel like I'm being a speshul snowflake and need to knock it off, but it makes my walks in and out to the car so much easier when I can park that close. I have a hard time convincing myself that I should park far away when the visitor spots are sitting right there empty.
    I wish we had pregnancy spots at work. It is such a long walk from the parking lot to the office. Also I totally think you're justified in taking the visitor spot. Personally I feel like it's kind of crappy of the barely pregnant ladies to take the spots. Like I know it sucked being 8 weeks and being exhausted/sick but that didn't impact my ability to walk. Now my balance is way off so I'm much more worried about tripping/slipping on the ice plus even without ice it's just so much harder to walk and I resort to waddling mostly b/c it's easier and I feel like that is what closer spots are for. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @Aussie45 as someone who actually bailed on a patch of ice in December, I say you're totally within your rights to use the visitor spots, and if you were feeling salty, also to drop a line to HR saying you've been unable to use the pregnant lady spots because of what might be misuse by other employees, you're concerned about your safety, and asking them to send out an all-staff reminding everyone of the purpose of those spots, highlighting the safety issues of ice and the balance issues that come along with late stage pregnancy. If there are 3 visibly pregnant women, no one can pinpoint you as the reason for the all-staff and hopefully the gentle finger wag will make people check themselves. 
    I certainly don't like it more,  but we have a Walmart like 5 minutes from our house that is open 24 hours,  so for convenience I.do end up there more.   Plus,  they carry a couple things my allergy kiddo eats,  so its easy to pick up things we need like her milk and butter.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't mind the 8w people using it cause maybe they're legitimately sick or not feeling good. I get it, pregnancy sucks from beginning to end. As long as I can park in the visitor spots I'm fine. If the guards at work say something, I fully plan to say something to that effect @poetryandoceans. I know they can see me from where they sit when I park. So as long as they don't say something, I won't either.

Ironic side note, the worst place for slippery sidewalks is....my OB's office. 
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • I like our Target better cause it's cleaner. I feel like I can get more selection on meds, leggings, and carbonated water at Walmart though. Walmart is a little further away so unless I need one of those three items, then Target it is.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • I just got all my maternity pics, and I am majorly side-eying my photographer for not mentioning that my hair really probably needed a once-over with a comb about halfway through. I changed outfits and didn't even think about it, but the second half of my shoot, I don't want to use a single print because my hair is messed up! I know I'm a grown ass adult and should have realized that for myself, but she was the one with the camera... *sulks*
  • Not a fan of Target, and never been in a Walmart, so I guess I'm a special snowflake.
  • Not a fan of Target, and never been in a Walmart, so I guess I'm a special snowflake.
    NEVER????  :o
  • Never - I don't even think there is a Walmart in LA???  
  • krobkrob member
    edited January 2017
    @MissMerciBeaucoup is even more bourgeois than me! I know @Spicyweiner can't imagine me in a walmart, but Merci had never been!?!?!? That's incredible. :)

Although I will say there was a joke about Paris Hilton probably 10years ago where she had never heard of Walmart, she thought they sold walls. Everyone went to town on her. Now I am sure a lot of it was for tv and to play up her role as dumb blonde. But once I moved to LA I totally got it. There really aren't Walmarts in LA and def not in NYC. Since leaving Texas 10years ago I haven't seen let alone set foot in a Walmart. 

It's def more of a suburb/middle america type place. In fact now that I think about it where I grew up in Houston (inner-city) there weren't any Walmarts 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • I still like Target better, but my biggest issue with Walmart is the Subway smell.  At least at mine!  They have the Subway right when you walk in, so the whole store smells like stale bread or something.  It turns my stomach. 
  • I still like Target better, but my biggest issue with Walmart is the Subway smell.  At least at mine!  They have the Subway right when you walk in, so the whole store smells like stale bread or something.  It turns my stomach. 
    I love the smell of Subway  :D I don't know what it is about it, but I've always loved walking into a Subway. I can't really smell it in Walmart though.
  • @Aussie45 Yeah, that situation sounds sketchy AF, and I would have hightailed it, too. With a kiddo in tow? No thank you! If anything, my husband is more cynical than I am, so sometimes I am forced to take the more charitable view just to bring a bit of balance to the situation, but he and I are both going to have to watch it or we will end up with the most cynical 2 year old on the planet...
  • @krob guilty as charged, but I imagine we are both pretty bougie!  I remember when Paris said that quote about Walmart and people freaked out, it was when she was on that reality show with Nicole Richie!  But yeah, never been in one and probably never will.  Also my parents are sort of militant liberals and growing up there were a couple of times on road trips with my family where we could have stopped in to a Walmart but they wouldn't do it -- because they were always opposed to the politics/practices of the Walton family.  Anyhoo!

Another FFFC is that I love watching the Bachelor even though it is so lame!  My H can't handle any reality TV (personal history with it for him) but I have to watch that show even though he gives me tons of grief about it!!
  • @krob guilty as charged, but I imagine we are both pretty bougie!  I remember when Paris said that quote about Walmart and people freaked out, it was when she was on that reality show with Nicole Richie!  But yeah, never been in one and probably never will.  Also my parents are sort of militant liberals and growing up there were a couple of times on road trips with my family where we could have stopped in to a Walmart but they wouldn't do it -- because they were always opposed to the politics/practices of the Walton family.  Anyhoo!

Another FFFC is that I love watching the Bachelor even though it is so lame!  My H can't handle any reality TV (personal history with it for him) but I have to watch that show even though he gives me tons of grief about it!!
    Was your H on reality TV?? 
  • I was wondering the same thing 
    Pregnancy Ticker