January 2016 Moms

Any runners yet?

My little guy will be one in the 19th. And he can jet. Like run away from you laughing, jack. And he can do a little zig zag move. I'm not used to this. His older sister was barley toddling by her 1st birthday. We didn't buy her walking shoes till she was 14 or 15 months. I'm glad we saved hers!

Re: Any runners yet?

• Violet will also be 1 on the 19th! No walking yet, but she's real close! Any day!
  • SDaniels19SDaniels19 member
    edited January 2017
    Luke is the 19th also! :smile: He is just starting to get fast while walking but then will usually go too fast and trip himself up (which thankfully he thinks is hilarious). I'm kind of dreading when he can full on run away from me
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, got a runner here! A terrible one, as evidenced by his current round of cut, fat lip. The little twerp can't keep up with his own feet!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep! I swear she only really got the walking thing down two weeks ago, and she's already running. She also likes to put her blanket over her head while doing it, so that has been an interesting development. Kids are weird. 
  • HipshakerHipshaker member
    edited January 2017
    @mrsgetz4000 and @SDaniels19 are y'all waiting until the weekend for the party or just doing it on that Thursday? I feel bad we aren't having a big party that weekend, and just keeping it small on a weekday. I had a huge party for my 1st on the following weekend. She ended up getting rsv, though. So I'm nervous about about doing the huge party.
  • HipshakerHipshaker member
    edited January 2017
    @ariasbabyblog, busted his lip tonight coming around the corner. Hasn't quite master the one foot pivot perfectly! I feel like I'm the only one with a boxer faced baby when we go out since he's so young. I feel the judgment from afar
  • @cyanope he likes to run around with a sock in his mouth. I think he's copying the dog!
  • @Hipshaker my son was, and still is, like that. He turned 2 in early December and is still just one giant bruise. Just the other night he ended up standing in the middle of my kitchen, screaming. Took me 2 days to figure it out, but he was spinning and hit his head on the edge of the counter and put a small gash above his temple. 
    Brynlee isn't quite as bad, but she's split her lip on multiple occasions. She's been running for a long while, but is incredibly clumsy. We're going to bring it up at her appt next week. She seems to be really bow legged...
  • And to add to the running with things on her head saga...Wren put a jacket on her head (over her face) last night and took off running. She ran right into her highchair, fell backwards, hit her head, and then immediately started bawling. I scooped her up and gave her some love, but I was laughing the whole time. Go ahead and picture it...it was INSANELY funny to watch. Little feet sticking out from the bottom of a jacket, moving as fast as they would take her, and then, "bonk!" I'll say it again...kids are REALLY weird. 
  • @cyanope mine did similar except a baby blanket and a wall lol. Kids, am I right?!
  • cyanope said:
    And to add to the running with things on her head saga...Wren put a jacket on her head (over her face) last night and took off running. She ran right into her highchair, fell backwards, hit her head, and then immediately started bawling. I scooped her up and gave her some love, but I was laughing the whole time. Go ahead and picture it...it was INSANELY funny to watch. Little feet sticking out from the bottom of a jacket, moving as fast as they would take her, and then, "bonk!" I'll say it again...kids are REALLY weird. 
    This actually made me laugh out loud! Mine isn't at the running point yet. Sounds like it's going to be fun haha 
  • My LO started walking completely on her own about 3 weeks ago. In the last couple of days she has started RUNNNING.... it's driving me crazy. She thinks she's way better at it than she actually is.