February 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday/Friday Ticker Change (1/5- 1/6)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: Have you/would you get a tattoo that represents your children one day? 
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday/Friday Ticker Change (1/5- 1/6)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kswiger06 is the reason you hate the strep b test because your doctor does it with internal swabs?  I just had it on Tuesday, and FTM so first time ever being tested for strep b.  But my doctor only swabbed the outside of my vaginal area for the test.  He said that interestingly, they always used to swab internally but since it was uncomfortable for the woman, and since strep b is a skin bacteria, they hypothesized that external swabs would provide the same results with a lot less discomfort.  His hospital did a study of about 1100 women and found the internal and external swabs had the same results, and so now he only does the external swabs.  
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    34 Weeks
    How big is baby?
    A big bag of crisps. Which I now totally want.
    When is your next appointment?
    January 16 for my last biweekly. Then I'm in every week until baby makes their appearance. Booking the last of my appointments was a shit just got real moment. 
    Symptom changes?
    I feel really fluey, but I don't actually have the flu. @kswiger06 lots of grunting over here, too. I pretty much can't move without making some sort of guttural noise. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Nada!
    GTKY: Have you/would you get a tattoo that represents your children one day?
    I don't think so. I'm too indecisive. I'd be more likely to get a piece of custom jewellery. 
  • Options
    @BlondePeanut what will you be planning on getting for your daughter? Do you have an idea yet?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    feelingjovanifeelingjovani member
    edited January 2017
    @BlondePeanut owls are cute! I think if I were to ever get a tattoo it would take a lot of planning to decide

Is your girl going to be Athena? I think she's the goddess of wisdom right?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aww @Gretchypoo that's cute you all have February bdays... unless it's too personal when is yours? Our DD has a birthday Feb 22 so this baby and hers will be only a couple weeks apart. :) and I think I remember you saying you have tattoos but it still throws me because I wouldn't guess it lol. And I haven't been feeling well this week either... your rant/Rave answer could double for me if I wasn't complaining about the strep B test  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 H is the 25th, I'm the 28th! My sister is the 19th and I'm due the 17th :-)

I keep making the same (terrible) joke that H and I like to have sex at the same time as our parents ;-)
    Lol do you bring it up during sex?! Like oh hey maybe our parents are doing it?? Haha

But that's pretty crazy how close all your bdays are together!! It's funny because one of my sister's bdays is on the 26... between your family and mine we cover most of the end of February but none of them share a date!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @purplewriter what happens if the growth scan shows the baby is very large? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I'm not sure what the next step will be. I was just at my regular appt and my OB asked when my last growth scan was. I told her at 20 weeks. She said she wanted another ultrasound done at the hospital. I said okay, no problem. At checkout the receptionist handed me the script and I saw the reason for the scan was "size not consistent with dates" and "LGA". There hasn't been any mention of this before so I'm hoping it's not much. 

My assumption, based on Dr. Google (since I had to google was LGA was...) is that if he's too big to fit through the birth canal, I'll have to schedule a c-section. Hopefully it's just the extra chocolate I ate at Christmas and not that the baby has a glucose problem because I'm overweight and have difficulty with my weight.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? size of a loaf of bread, feels like a bowling ball to me though!

When is your next appointment? 1/10

Symptom changes? hip pain, back pain

Rant/Rave/Questions? we moved ds1 and ds2 into the same room this past weekend, so we could finally get the nursery together. I am surprised it was an easy transition and they were both very excited to share a room. I just need to figure out why they are waking up a hour  to two hours earlier now. 

GTKY: Have you/would you get a tattoo that represents your children one day? I like them, just not on me. I might eventually get something with all our kids birthstones or names on it. 
  • Options
    hk1031hk1031 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? honeydew

When is your next appointment? 1/9

Symptom changes? back pain and rib pain getting worse and yoga not helping  :s

Rant/Rave/Questions? went back to work after 3 weeks off for the holiday and it's like my body has forgotten how to function. so exhausted and achy by the end of the day (the rib pain is unreal - any suggestions, ladies?!)

GTKY: Have you/would you get a tattoo that represents your children one day? I have a small wrist tattoo but i think one's enough for me. never say never, but for now i would say no
  • Options
    ShawllsShawlls member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 36 weeks
    How big is baby? Papaya
    When is your next appointment? 1/12
    Symptom changes? More frequent Braxton Hicks, with painful jabs around my belly button! Also, insomnia is back :(
    Rant/Rave/Questions? Anyone else heredelaying packing their hospital bag for no apparent reason? Everyone keeps telling me I look so low and that baby could come any time (this is my second), yet I feel like such a procrastinator getting ready.
    GTKY: Have you/would you get a tattoo that represents your children one day? No, I don't think tattoos are for me. But you never know!

• Options
    @Shawlls I haven't packed my hospital bag!! I'm on my 3rd but with number 2, I didn't pack it until I was in active labor lol. For some reason I haven't felt any urgency in any kind of prep work even though I know I should start getting things ready.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?  34 weeks yesterday

How big is baby?  Some kind of cabbage? 

When is your next appointment?  Nothing this week, it's the next after that for 35 weeks.

Symptom changes?   Funny that my phone wanted me to start with Heartburn,  lol.  Back pain in the morning,  more emotional,  and feeling itchy about getting ready for the baby. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Just mad at myself and everyone in the house for not being more organized in general.   Combining the girls into one room and cleaning out years worth of clutter.  There is a ton to do and I need my husband to do most of it,  which makes me the nag.

GTKY: Have you/would you get a tattoo that represents your children one day?  Not a tattoo person, but this is a cool reason to get one if someone wants one.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Shawlls I haven't packed my hospital bag yet either. I just have baby's "going home" outfit picked out and an extra toothbrush sitting on my dresser. This is my 3rd and he is sitting pretty low too. I have a good feeling he's going to be like his brother and come late. We don't even have the nursery put together yet either!
  • Options
    Add me to the no hospital bag packed (& im going in this day week at the very latest!) though i have everything washed & sitting ready for me & baby i just havnt had the inclination to actually so anything with it! Every day i declare im going to do it but every day i find other things to do to not do it for some reason
  • Options
    I haven't packed mine either!  I just don't really envision myself doing it until the week of my due date which may be unrealistic but I'm convinced I'm going to go late anyway.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't done mine, but I'm also 34 weeks today, so I think I have time. I did order a robe and bought shampoo/soap/deodorant mini bottles. And I think I know what I am bringing if that helps?! 

What is everyone bringing for themselves? I was thinking a robe (I'm always cold), a few nursing tanks, some loose pants, socks, phone and charger, some snacks and some grannie panties. All in black. Oh and everyone tells me chapstick. Anything else? 
  • Options
    @leslie1331 +1 to constantly hearing chapstick! I just plan to bring stuff to labor in. loose pants and tops, 2 nursing tanks, some fuzzy socks, chapstick, moisturizer, soap/ shampoo/toothbrush etc and a little make up-- like moisturizer and mascara to make myself feel human and if we want pictures. I'll bring a pair if underwear or 3 but plan to wear the hospital mesh undies.
  • Options
    @leslie1331 Chapstick and moisturizer are a must. I'd add a Bluetooth speaker if you have one. We used that for music in the room.   My sweet neighbor (who used to be a NICU social worker) brought me a sleep mask and a giant insulated cup that I used. It's hard to sleep with the monitor lights, etc so the sleep mask came in handy. The cup was also great to have because the little plastic water pitchers aren't the greatest at staying closed. Learned that one the hard way-twice:/
  • Options
    leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks guys!! Good call on the water too, especially since I've been drinking like 150 oz of water a day and am always thirsty!! And the sleep mask too! Glad I asked :) 

sorry for the post in here, I thought I was in randoms!! 
  • Options
    @leslie1331 on a side note with the water thing... they always have those mug things they will fill up for you, but I'm planning on taking in my own bottled water. I hate any tap water and prefer spring water, so even though it's heavy and strange I'm packing some (plus my husband will be carrying it not me lol)
    Pregnancy Ticker