March 2017 Moms

Monday Bitch Fest 1/9

Gators&BoSoxGators&BoSox member
edited January 2017 in March 2017 Moms
Air it out ladies!

Re: Monday Bitch Fest 1/9

• Loading the player...
  • @mcdonald-bailey so sorry she's using you like that. No friend is worth feeling that used.
  • My bff on the other hand is child less and will never be able to have children biologically, if she ever has kids it will be afoption. At this time in her life it's not on her radar.  I feel like I might lose her because now my life is centered around baby stuff and she is enjoying a child free marriage. Oh and I moved to this state because she lives her and she's been begging me to move here for years. My DH was able to get a job transfer out here, but he and I had already decided when we moved out of state, we were making babies, cuz my clock is ticking. I'm so scared of the idea I might lose my best friend.
  • @Gators&BoSox She seems interested, but hasn't given me the emotional  reassurance I feel I need at this point. I have been thinking of sitting down with her and discussing my fears. Hopefully you're right and baby will become like family to her.
  • @direwolfmini that hurts! I hear you! We expect family to care and to be involved. I have similar concerns about certain family members.  Those are the ones thst are supposed to step up, especially if they know money is tight and you need it.   Hugs!!
  • @disneybaby84 That is really tough. The fact that she seems interested is encouraging. If she didn't, I think it would be a bad sign (just from personal experience). I think that people sometimes don't know what to do with pregnant ladies, especially if they're the first in a friend group to have get pregnant. I think that sitting down with her is a good idea! I hope that it goes well for you!
  • @direwolfmini I think it's totally valid to have hurt feelings over that, wanting reliable family to be involved and supportive in a baby's life is practically a natural urge. PLUS you've spent years investing your energy & resources into these people and their lives, to not have that reciprocated would be pretty surprising and disappointing for anyone, even non-relatives. Sorry :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My issues seem so small compared to the ones just posted! Baby showers can be a real pain in the derriere! My only vent today is that I'm trying to get into an imaging boutique for an elective ultrasound to confirm the gender of my LO and the owner won't call or text me back since Saturday! I understand she's probably very busy because she runs the place by herself, or maybe there was a family emergency, I just hate waiting! How hard is it to check the schedule and shoot a text saying "hey, got an opening today/tomorrow"? Its just frustrating for me, obviously pregnant and prone to get flustered over silly stuff lol. I'm cleaning my house and eating my anxiety while waiting! 
  • @direwolfmini I have the same shower gripe with my husband's huge family. No one from his family is coming and no one RSVPed! My friend hosting my had send multiple emails and found out they RSVPed to my non host mother in law. I'm really annoyed bc one of my cousins on his side had 3 wedding showers 2 weddings and a bachelorette party this year and I went to all of them and she couldn't even rsvp yes or no to an Evite. It's not about the gifts... it just makes me feel like no one in my husband's family really likes me. :(

• serenity13serenity13 member
    edited January 2017
    aww @Burrberrymum I'm so sorry she did that to you! :( I would've been sooo upset, at least she removed the link but still - that's YOUR news to share (or not) if/when you want to. I'm really happy for you that you found such a perfect house though, that's awesome!!! I hope the inspection goes really well tomorrow - best of luck with everything!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Minor gripe, but how long would you guys wait at the gym to just scan in if the two people in front of you are each processing some elaborate sign up/ payment change procedure? I finally just gave up and walked in. I only have 30 minutes kids, can't wait while you consult on your payment options for 45 mins. 
  • MahiMama said:
    Potty training my 33 pound toddler while almost 33 weeks pregnant. SUCKS. 
    My body is going to fall apart. 
    That is all. 
    Sammmme boat here girlfriend. My fave is when she insists she has to go 5/6 times in a row and I lift her up and wait around. nothing happens. I swear she's just screwing with me. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat yeahh, no! She should be concerned about your well being instead of volunteering you to clean
  • @DrillSergeantCat yeahh, no! She should be concerned about your well being instead of volunteering you to clean
    She's not really volunteering me to clean, she's just heavily hinting at it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DrillSergeantCat OH HECK NO. Especially if she has cats. Aren't pregnant ladies supposed to avoid litter boxes? (I don't have a cat, so I don't know the rules).

Also, HOLY SMOKES You're 35 weeks today?!?! 
  • edited January 2017
    @DrillSergeantCat OH HECK NO. Especially if she has cats. Aren't pregnant ladies supposed to avoid litter boxes? (I don't have a cat, so I don't know the rules).

Also, HOLY SMOKES You're 35 weeks today?!?! 
    The risk is really with outdoor cats or cats that are indoor/outdoor. I have two cats and the only reason I don't clean their litter box is because I can't climb over the gate to get in and out. 

Yes ma'am 35 weeks. Honestly, I probably only have 4 weeks to go because I'll probably be induced a bit early since I grow big babies.

• @DrillSergeantCat F that noise. Hinting to a heavily pregnant woman to come and clean their pig sty of a house is pretty shitty IMO. And there are 3 other people there that can clean?! That would be a big fat NO. That reminds me of my philandering coworker. She has grown children that are ungrateful slobs and my coworker does all of the cooking and cleaning. She even still does their laundry. Of course she then complains about it to us at work, but it's like, umm lady, how about you put your lazy kids to work instead of being a martyr? 
  • @Burrberrymum this is the reason I don't want my MIL to have a Facebook account...she keeps asking DH and SIL to set her up with one...I can only imagine the things she would post on mine and DH's Facebook pages...I'm sorry she did that to you!
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• I just found out that in my hospital bag, I have to bring my own towels, diapers, wipes, and maternity pads. Wtf?! Why is that not provided AT the hospital? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.. what if it were an emergency situation? you're just SOL? mind boggling... is that even legal?!? 
  • @Gators&BoSox apparently so. And after talking to a few other Irish moms, apparently all the hospitals are that way. If you don't have it, they tell you to have someone go buy some and bring it to you. Even if you pay to go to the private hospital. My mind is blown. I think that's ridiculous. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie that's crazy. My hospital provided all of that. 
  • MahiMama said:
    Potty training my 33 pound toddler while almost 33 weeks pregnant. SUCKS. 
    My body is going to fall apart. 
    That is all. 
    Yeah, I refuse to even try until this summer. Because of baby, and because of running around naked outside. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure exactly where to post this gripe and I haven't though out the best way to word it, but bear with me. It's going to sound selfish but...I hate when people make a baby about THEM, for instance, my MIL commenting on a pic of my bump with something like 'I can't wait to meet my grandson!' Or 'So excited for this baby boy'. Can you not touch on the fact that there is a PERSON who is doing the work of carrying the child and give me some props? Maybe say something about how excited you are for your son to become a father. To me, it comes across that she will be waay too attached to this baby and what he is to her, instead of respecting that WE were responsible for his life and deserve some credit. She is also the type to buy him 'Grandma is my favourite' type of clothes and IMHO, I am not a fan of them.

Unrelated: my MIL is always talking to me about the shower she is hosting for me; like listing off every guest by name to tell me who RSVP'd and how many tables and chairs she needs, and where she plans to put them, and all I want to say is "Thank you for offering to host this for me, but I don't want to know every detail, I'm forever grateful but I want some things to be a surprise and to not be so involved in the process." Just makes me think maybe she doesn't have anyone to blather on about it with? I don't need this stress!
  • @MrsFlemingo totally get you. MIL told my DH she is excited to see her grandson, but not so sure about visiting us. Nope, doesn't work that way, not just going to hand my baby to a woman i don't trust.
  • One of my co-workers has an office in a different part of the building but he gets bored back there by himself so he comes and hangs out up here. He has a very bad habit of telling stories in excruciating detail that take upwards of half an hour. He also will sit and listen to the phone ring then act like it's a surprise why I'm calling his name. Like dude, you heard the phone ring before I said your name, you can assume you have a phone call. 

I'm not sure which annoys me more.

• @DrillSergeantCat Your coworker sounds like a Toby Flenderson-like-character (from The Office) especially with him being in a back office by himself  :D
  • @MrsFlemingo over Christmas my cousins were saying how excited they are that WE are going to have a baby at Christmas next year and all the things WE will be doing with baby.  WE are not having a baby. I am having a baby. Neither one is married or even dating a particular person for that matter so they act like this is their baby too. One cousin lives 3+ hours away and is a surgeon working 90 hours a week and the other is self absorbed and lives an hour away but is always "busy" when we try to make plans to hang out. Neither is going to be helping with baby once he's here so the WE they keep referring to is me. 

And it it drives me crazy when people ask me how I'm doing while looking directly at bump. Eyes up here folks!