March 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 1.10.17

How far along are you? 
How big is baby? 
Upcoming appointments this week? 
Any new symptoms or changes?
Rants/Raves/Questions? 
GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 1.10.17

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks!
    How big is baby? take your pick at the word analogies.. zucchini, cantaloupe, platypus haha
    Upcoming appointments this week? yes Friday, nothing exciting though
    Any new symptoms or changes? so itchy
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm itchy enough to write it twice. I will be talking to the doc about it. Because it is all over and intense. I don't have a rash so I don't know about pupps but this just seems abnormal.
    GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? a man was staring and said very seriously "what's going on in there?" I just shrugged and said "pregnancy?" lol I was a bit confused at the question
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks!
    How big is baby? acorn squash
    Upcoming appointments this week? Friday morning have my next check-up
    Any new symptoms or changes? more heartburn/acid reflux & more discharge...I can see baby's movements more now too!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Started getting all the baby stuff together to wash it this morning and now I'm really hoping people don't buy us more clothes for the shower because our kid already has more clothes than I do!
    GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? I think I mentioned this in a random thread a few weeks ago, but I had a strange older man come up and hug me as a form of congratulations...that was the weirdest/creepiest interaction. Another one was with my friend's 5 y/o daughter who never saw a pregnant lady up close and she would NOT stop petting my belly. It was funny and weird at the same time because she'd go under the table as I was sitting at it and try to do it secretly as if I couldn't feel it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks
    How big is baby? Asparagus
    Upcoming appointments this week? None this week.
    Any new symptoms or changes? One of my boobs has been getting sharp pains in it every once in awhile.  Very uncomfortable.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't believe I'm done to single digits of weeks left. Ahhhh!!!
    GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? I can't think of any.  How boring!!!!!
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks
    How big is baby? Asparagus
    Upcoming appointments this week? Just a full day childbirth class on Saturday!
    Any new symptoms or changes? Occasional swelling in my feet, more heartburn at night, it's getting harder to get up off of the couch & to sit down in the car...
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I am definitely feeling more movements and less actual kicks! It amazes me still, even though the movements are becoming more painful. 

Rant: LOTS of family drama going on right now. 
    GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? Hmm... I can't think of one at the moment but i'll update if I remember. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Foersty I'm now visualizing a troupe of extremely pregnant women hiking up hills, hoping their kid falls out. :lol: 
    @Spartanrd4 Sometimes people have no filter, I swear. It's one thing if she was mistaken when you were due, but she could have simply asked and then smiled and nodded. Sheesh!

How far along are you?
     31 weeks
    How big is baby? as big as asparagus or an 11 lb. jar of Nutella (Those exist?? Gimme gimme!)
    Upcoming appointments this week? Thursday for a routine check-up
    Any new symptoms or changes? Flutters are a thing of the past. Anterior placenta muffles little movement now! I get kicked throughout the day, and I love it. :) Not loving so much: breathlessness, discomfort sleeping in almost ANY position - including the left side, leg/foot cramps. But symptoms could be so much worse, so I'm not complaining. Just sayin.'
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so excited for LO to arrive, but I also get easily overwhelmed by how much needs to be done and ready before she comes. I mean, I don't even have essentials yet - diapers, wipes, etc. I know there's still plenty of time... I also don't want to tempt fate and put things off. Given I'm a FTM, who knows what both the baby and my body will decide to do between now and March. Odds are that she'll right on time or a little late, but I still don't want to chance it! ::desperately searches for nesting instinct button::
    GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? I must have a "F*** off" sign on my forehead, because I have yet to get random belly rubs or rude comments! It's just as well, because if I received either one of those, my mouth would pretty much blurt out what I imagine my forehead says. ;) (I'm a nice person, really! I just don't take well to prying strangers.)
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks!
    How big is baby? The size of a squash
    Upcoming appointments this week? I have an ultrasound today and a regular check up tomorrow
    Any new symptoms or changes? I've been getting winded pretty easily lately. Also my range of motion is becoming more and more limited. It's become quite a challenge just to put my shoes on :/
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm starting to get a little nervous because we have next to nothing for this baby. I mean we ordered furniture and I haven't had my shower yet so I am reluctant to shop for things until then, but I have this fear that if this baby decides to come early we're going to be up a creek without a paddle...
    GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? My mother is in a nursing home and the other when I went to visit her the receptionist said that she didn't realize I was pregnant and started asking about my due date. After I told her she said "Yeah, I only figured it out because your face is getting chunky." Umm, F you receptionist!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Foersty well that is one idea for when you are at the end and want to get the baby out- walk a few hills lol! 
    @dubcompanion I get the most comments at work- if I wasn't at work my response probably wouldn't be as polite haha. When I'm out and about I feel like I have resting bitching face so not too many strangers have said anything to me ;) 
  • @Spartanrd4 right there with you on the hand swelling.  I may need to abandon my rings soon.  Although a observation…..I have cut way back on carbs since I found out I failed by 1hr GTT.  This morning my hands are the least swollen they have been in DAYS.  I have known carbs make me retain water, but I think I may be on to something with this.  My lady is also on my right all the time & I have had kicks all afternoon right below my ribs.  They are the least comfortable place (other than cervix jabs) yet!

@Foersty I haven’t had an actually nosebleed, but I pick HORRIBLE bloody looking boogers out of my nose on the regular.

@DrillSergeantcat I have my moments of feeling like I really need to pee and going WAY less than I expected.  I know it’s only going to get worse!  You are way ahead of me.  Also, WTAF with the GRANDMA comment?!  

@babyspice I hope they can get to the bottom of the itching. If it’s significant enough it is impacting your quality of life  I wouldn’t wait until your appointment Friday.  I would call and speak to the nurse.

@serenity13 your old man hug is the creepiest.

@klz0330 Sorry about your boob!  My nips get randomly super itchy every now and then.  I feel like they have reverted back to first tri.

@OctoberLove13 my family situation has issues too.  Hang in there!!

@dubcompanion so glad you’re feeling more movement now.  It’s really amazing!

@gracie4400 I feel the same way about things as you!  My shower isn’t until Feb 18th (34w for me). I don’t want to buy stuff but am terrified what if she were to come before then!   People keep reminding me there isn’t much your DH or someone else in your family can’t run out and get if you were not “prepared”. 

How far along are you? 29+1

How big is baby? Gallon of milk, acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week? 3hr GTT tomorrow morning

Any new symptoms or changes?  Well, I definitely snissed myself in the office yesterday.  Thank goodness I was wearing a liner or I would probably have gone through my pants…….  My discharge is already grossly plentiful I really don’t need to add pee to the mix.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: (stollen from Monday because I'm running out of fun questions) ...Weirdest interaction between a stranger and your baby bump? I really haven’t had anything overly noteworthy.  I have had people ask me if I am having a boy & tell me that I am carrying really low for a girl and my face doesn’t look bloated blah blah blah… I guess she’ll be ugly because she isn’t stealing my beauty or some nonsense…..

****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsBinPA Good luck at your 3 hour glucose test tomorrow! I've been there, it sucks but you will get through it :)