March 2017 Moms

Ask a STM week 1/2

13»

Re: Ask a STM week 1/2

• One of the pros of using a sound machine for us at least is that it signals sleep time. When DS hears it come on he knows what is supposed to happen next.
  • STM's,  after baby when did you start noticing weight loss in places other than belly?  Also, when did you begin any mild/moderate exercising?
    I waited till my 6wk PP appointment and got permisson to start doing anything. (Generally the best thing to do!) tried a few jogs and workouts over the first few weeks, but never stuck with it and still lost all the weight.

I gained 40lbs with DD, lost about 30 in the hospital!! With baby, placenta, fluids. Back down to pre baby size and weight at around 9mo--with no working out and eating whatever I wanted as I breastfed --I've heard a lot of ppl say that it's a good rule to mentally think about it like: took 9mo for your body to grow a baby, give it 9mo to get it back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd like to get a few things for beyond the newborn stage. I am having two showers and as some things are already purchased, I was informed there is not enough on my registry for the number of guests. I was thinking of putting some teething toys, but does anyone have any advice on natural toys of this sort, and what material is good? I keep seeing wooden teethers, has anyone tried those? I don't even really know when babies start liking to put things in their mouths... I need to get some sort of book for beyond childbirth! If any advice there, also please share! DH was asking the other day about sleeping schedules and I realized I have no clue! Good thing we start our classes tonight...
  • @jenny0228 Sophie the giraffe is popular, also you could put lots of diapers, wipes and diaper creams, lanolin cream for breastfeeding, nursing pads, baby toys bigger size clothes like 3-6 month, 6-9 month and rven 9-12 month.
  • @jenny0228 again, depends a lot on baby, mine didn't use hard teethers-and still prefers to chew on a blanket or a wet face-cloth when her teeth hurt instead of plastic or wood. 

Older baby registry ideas/ Activity mat, exersaucer, (push) walker, tub faucet protector/tub toys.  But-overall, I'd say don't feel pressured about registering for enough for everyone. Lots of people will not buy from the registry anyway... diapers, clothes, homemade-etc. 
  • lots of good suggestions already. i agree that most people don't usually end up buying from the registry. add my kid to the group that never ever wants a teether toy no matter how many different ones I buy lol. 
  • @jenny0228 I second kjd291 in that I wouldn't bother adding more stuff to accommodate people. When it comes to baby showers, people will buy what they want anyway. I can't remember if you know the sex of your baby, but if you do, people will buy LOTS of clothes. If they don't buy clothes, they tend to get little stuff like bibs, towels, washcloths, etc. If you do want to add more things, the older baby registry stuff that kjd291 suggested are pretty solid. I would also add some Melissa and Doug type puzzle toys for when they get bigger.
    Teethers will solely depend on the baby. I bought a Sophie giraffe since that was the thing to get since everyone raved about it and my little guy had zero interest in it. When it comes to teethers, it's pretty much trial and error.
  • also burp cloths
  • I had some crazy symptoms during my last pregnancy and had our son at 35 weeks. Surprise! It's not crazy to wait that long, but we didn't have the crib or furniture yet when he was born. It made our adjustment a little harder. This time I've been working on the room slowly to have it ready well before we bring our daughter home and to let me take it easy during those last hard humongous weeks.
  • @longliveregina it's not necessarily about how i look, it's about the fact before i gained belly weight, i gained weight in my usual weight gain spots, which for me is my booty. So, the first thing I had to do was go up a size in bottoms.  If I go back to my old booty size, that would increase the clothes I already own that I could wear. 
  • @longliveregina it's not necessarily about how i look, it's about the fact before i gained belly weight, i gained weight in my usual weight gain spots, which for me is my booty. So, the first thing I had to do was go up a size in bottoms.  If I go back to my old booty size, that would increase the clothes I already own that I could wear. 
    Ah I see! Well, honestly my whole body shape changed. I was 20 pounds lighter, but one pants size bigger because my hips were spread out more.  :/
    BabyFruit Ticker