Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 1/9

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite way to spend a weekend? 

Re: PGAL Check In 1/9

• How far along are you? Thursday will be 29 weeks. 

How big is baby? Acorn Squash 

Appointments this week?sitting through my second 3 hour glucose test right now. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the MFM. Feeling pretty anxious about it, like this will be it, they are going to find something wrong 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally OK. Like I mentioned feeling nervous about the US and just in general. I still find myself holding off on doing certain things "just in case" this baby doesn't come home. Yesterday, I was going through his clothes, some old gender neutral stuff from my daughter and some new stuff we bought for him and I was just sitting there looking at it all thinking "Am I actually going to know and hold the baby these clothes are meant for?"
    Physically, other than tired I feel pretty good! We got a new mattress and I love it!! I've been sleeping so much better and waking up with less aches and pains.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Scheduling my c-section. After discussing some details with my MFM tomorrow I'll be calling my OBGYN to set the date. Anywhere from 3/23 to 3/28.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: I ordered my breast pump and I'm pretty excited about it. Last time I had a Medela but this time I requested the Spectra since it's getting such good reviews lately.  

GTKY: What's your favorite way to spend a weekend? OMG - before or after kids? Lol! Before kids me and husband would kayak and fish a lot. Now, we like playing outside in the yard with our daughter and watching her face light up with new experiences :) Makes your heart soar seeing their pure joy. 
  • @Bok Bagok good luck with the u/s. Hoping with you that all is fine! All has been so far, so that's encouraging. Also good luck with the glucose test. 
    I was looking at he Spectra too, and will probably order it before long. Exciting that you'll have a solid due date soon! 
    Hang in there. I'm still wondering the same things and still haven't bought any nursery furniture. But I hope after your next appointment you'll feel better! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich Thank you! I'll be sure to update tomorrow after the US. 

• How far along are you?  26 weeks today 

How big is baby? 
    Kale. Lol. Or about 2lbs. 

Appointments this week? 
    None til the end of the month. 

Emotionally I'm feeling the crunch time that comes from seeing that we have less than 100 days until baby, and starting to wig out a little. Like, once I start doing things like buying furniture and interviewing a pediatrician and doing our childbirth class and finally picking a name, there's so much that rides on that. Physically, I'm exhausted and not sleeping as well for the past week. Breaking my foot means a lot of just achyness at the end of the day from dragging this giant boot around. I'm feeling stretched and out of breath and just worn out, and I can't really exercise with this boot on either. I could use another weekend to sleep. 

At this point, I guess third trimester? I just want baby girl to keep growing strong. One mama in my BMB had her twins at 24.5 weeks and it breaks my heart to think of how tiny they are. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Did any of you take any baby care classes? DH will be ticked if I drag him to anything other than the childbirth class, but neither of us have much experience with babies, no nieces or nephews, and are pretty clueless so it might be good for us both. Would it be worth it? 

GTKY: 
    I used to love to get out and explore, or go sit in a coffee shop with a book. Now I'd rather just stay home and sleep and catch up on chores. This past weekend, however, was DH's birthday, so we went out to dinner and a movie. (Rogue One--it was really good!)
  • @HGRich - not to be that annoying STM, but seriously try to savor and enjoy just staying home and resting/ sleeping! My 3 hour test isnt' so bad because I'm curled up in my car with a pillow and a blanket feeling like it's such a nice relaxing morning compared to at home. 
    I didn't take any baby/child care classes, we didn't have any personal experience with babies either but, figured between common sense and google we could figure it out and we did :) what would they even teach in those classes? 
    I wish I had taken an infant first aid/cpr class though, just for the peace of mind. I'm going to before this baby is born. 
    Sorry your toes are still hurting. When do you get your boot off?
  • @Bok Bagok it looks like they cover basics like diapering, bathing, safety. I would guess all that is pretty simple, and info we could find out on our own and honestly we know how to do the simplest basics, so maybe not worth it. If the safety portion included cpr I would probably do that, but it's a separate class. 

I need to wear the boot six weeks total, so about three more weeks. I'm glad it's already been almost three. 
  • How far along are you? 11w6d

How big is baby? 
    Brussel Sprout

Appointments this week? 
    Panorama blood draw and NT scan tomorrow

Physically very up and down but better which makes me nervous.

Scan tomorrow and stopping my IVF meds Wednesday!

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite way to spend a weekend? 
    Lately? Sleeping and organizing. I know it's way too early for nesting but getting organized is something I can control :)
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme good luck tomorrow at the NT scan!!!
    @HGRich ugh 6 weeks is a long time!
  • So the good news is the baby looked great at the US today. Talked to the MFM and we picked a hospital and date for my csection, 3/27 just waiting for the surgery coordinator to call me back and confirm it. 
    The semi bad news is I failed (but just barely)my second 3 hour glucose test. So now I'm waiting for the nutritionist to call me and make an appointment. I'm not upset cause I failed by just a few points andI know I'all be able to control it with diet. I'm looking forward to getting my meter and keeping track of my sugar levels. I love that sorta "inside look" of what's going on with my body and how it will react. Plus I'm hoping the nutritionist will help me pick out some easy snack foods to eat. I never know what to eat and so I end up skipping meals. I regularly eat a small breakfast/lunch snack and then a big dinner. The nurse who called with the results said I'll have to start eating multiple small meals, that will be the challenge for me. 
  • @Bok Bagok I'm sorry you failed it but I'm glad you've got a good outlook on it. From most I've heard from even in my BMB who have been diagnosed with GD have good attitudes too, which gives me hope. I hope you are able to easily transition to smaller meals. Glad baby is looking good!
  • Hi guys, I'm new here, currently 4w6d. I had 2 miscarriages in 2016. I'm currently on progesterone, lovenox, vitamin d, and prenatals. Everything with this pregnancy seems to be going good so far, nausea, sore boobs, fatigue, progesterone is 41, hcg was 284 on Tuesday, and 671 on Thursday. Today though I started to get really bad lower back pain on my left side, I'm trying to not read too much into it, but it's very reminiscent of the lower back pain I had before my last miscarriage, and my PGAL brain has taken over. Did anyone else experience bad lower back pain this early in their pregnancy?

• How far along are you? 3w5d

How big is baby? Poppy seed

Appointments this week? I am calling my doctor on Monday. I think the re wanted to see us every two weeks at first. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Excited and nervous. I have been really tired, sore boobs, and some cramps (which make me nervous, they are light and occasionally happen)

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I want to make it passed 8 weeks. I have never done that before. And have an ultrasound where they show me a hb. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: none at this point. 

GTKY: What's your favorite way to spend a weekend? I am a home body and like to stay at home and relax. 
  • @heatherwilson321 welcome and congrats! Those numbers look good. :) I'm sorry you had two losses last year. Hang in there. For what it's worth, my entire body ached like I'd been run over by a truck from week 4 to 5. Lower back pain, leg pain, muscle aches everywhere. It was awful. But baby girl is going strong! 

@Hopefulmommy1980 welcome to you also. Glad you're about to get started with the doc. Cramps are probably a good sign if they're light and occasional. :) Fingers crossed for you for a healthy pregnancy. 
  • Thanks @HGRich! It's like this low burning pain, I just want it to be Monday already, I'm getting more blood work done and an ultrasound, so I feel like I'll feel better after that. 
  • @heatherwilson321 glad it's coming soon! But weekends still always feel like forever. And yeah, I remember a low burning ache in my lower back. It went away eventually but now it's back for a different reason. I'm also glad your doc is giving you an early ultrasound! That's always so helpful. Keep us posted. 
  • Welcome @heatherwilson321 & @hopefulmommy1980

How far along: 9w4d 

appointment this week: 10w U/S Thursday. I'm terrified, my first m/c was a missed miscarriage and baby was exactly 10 weeks. 

Emotions: Honestly, I have been really nauseous since 6 weeks and yesterday I wasn't, for the first time in almost 4 weeks I felt decent. I'm hoping I feel nauseous like usual today, otherwise I'm going to worry every day leading up to this U/S & probably have a semi panic attack on the drive there. Mentally, this is a big milestone for me and I'm preprogrammed to think I'm destined to have this keep happening to me, I'm not care free like everyone else in my BMB who has no clue and can float by each week expecting things to be fine the next. My mom keeps telling me that it's all in my head & the past is in the past, but it's hard to not think "well, I flipped the coin again and it's landing on tails a 3rd time, bad luck for me again". 
    It was my 1st 8 week U/S that was perfectly normal, not measuring a week smaller than when I ovulated (last m/c), no hematoma (1st m/c) so I pray that is a good sign. 

Milestones: Once I get past this 10w U/S, then the 12w U/S, after that I'll have hope and start telling people.. it's the time everyone on annoying FB does, I won't, but I'll tell close family. February 2nd, countdown is on. 

Tww: Kids mentioned *****

Rants/Raves: Nothing right now. I find miscarriage emotions interesting. I'm in a catholic FB group, many people have like 7+ kids, little babies, and are troubled by their miscarriage that they can't enjoy their 7 other kids, that baffles me, but miscarriage does some messed up sh#t to your emotions and your brain. I personally don't understand not being grateful, but it must be that your emotions block you from rationally looking at your situation from the outside in and realizing all you have. I currently have a job, same job for 6 years, prior to that I had been laid off. No matter my pay raise or bonus, even if I'm mad, I always say- at least I have a job, that's all that really matters, a job to help support my family. I say the same thing with this, I'm infinitely grateful for my 2 kids, it made me realize how insane it was they were born & what miracles they are, I'm even grateful my emotions haven't clouded that. 

Weekend fun? We went to the NYC Botanical Garden Train show for my son's 3rd birthday, it was amazing, the show, the garden, the light snow. Spending a weekend day going to the Bronx Zoo, NYC Bontanical Garden, & exploring new things to do nature related /hikes, etc is what I enjoy most. 

• @KyCade3013 hang in there. So close! It's not all in your head so don't feel bad. And I get all the feelings about BMB and Facebook announcements. I'm glad you're in a support group and seeing some interesting perspectives! I don't have any living/born children yet so I can't imagine not being grateful for either. But I suppose for the Catholic woman mc is different because of what she believes? I don't know. I do have one Catholic friend who has lost and who was open about it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. And don't forget symptoms come and go! Mine did, and around 9 weeks too. Then they came back with a vengeance haha.