High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Have you had recurring GBS through your whole pregnancy and/or after?

I'm looking to see if anyone else has had a situation like I am having. I have two children. With my first child I was tested positive for GBS at my 36 week appointment. I received antibiotics during labor with no issues. My second pregnancy I was told I had GBS in my urine and needed to take antibiotics. Well, it wouldn't go away. I was on different antibiotics my whole pregnancy trying to get rid of this GBS UTI. I never had any symptoms of a UTI, it just showed up in my lab results. My concern is, I still have this "GBS UTI." My OB referred me to a Urologist which said that with the levels I have I am fine. My OB says if I still test positive for GBS next time we will do the antibiotics all over again. This makes me nervous. Does anyone else have high levels of GBS or recurring GBS with pregnancies? Being on that much antibiotics has definitely messed with me. The Dr.'s act like they haven't seen this before. Please let me know your GBS situation if it's different like mine!

Re: Have you had recurring GBS through your whole pregnancy and/or after?

• Options
    I had GBS for both my pregnancies. During my first I had recurrent UTIs and eventually my high risk doctor stopped treating it because she thought the bacteria had colonized my bladder and it would go away after I was pregnant. After I gave birth I never had any symptoms of a  UTI so I was never checked again. Could the bacteria be antibiotic resistant since you've taken so many antibiotics for so long? Sorry you're going through this. I remember how frustrating it was.