March 2017 Moms

Symptoms - Week of 1/2

Ughhhh. Holidays keep throwing me off. I'm sorry I forgot!
DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Symptoms - Week of 1/2

• besides all of the lovely bodily "treats" as @dubcompanion sweetly put it, I am nesting like crazy. I lay awake at night making mental lists of everything that needs to be done in the house. I'm not due for 9 weeks I feel like this is too soon! Last time I definitely went on a freezer food making binge a couple of weeks before, and I mean I cleaned the house, but I didn't stay up at night figuring how to better organize my closet...please don't come early little girl! LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • C25C25 member
    Immense vaginal/pelvic pressure over here. Can't breathe ever. She is still kicking my cervix and bruising my ribs at the same time..she's constantly moving around! Exhaustion is insane. Hip and SI joint pain so bad I can't walk some days. 

Even with all this I'm still not ready for her yet! Stay in!!
  • besides all of the lovely bodily "treats" as @dubcompanion sweetly put it, I am nesting like crazy. I lay awake at night making mental lists of everything that needs to be done in the house. I'm not due for 9 weeks I feel like this is too soon! Last time I definitely went on a freezer food making binge a couple of weeks before, and I mean I cleaned the house, but I didn't stay up at night figuring how to better organize my closet...please don't come early little girl! LOL
    Is that a sign of impending labor? Because I've definitely got the nesting bug, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im tired all the time even after I wake up after sleeping for 6-8 hours or more. I stillnauseated on and off with the occasional vomit episode. @C25 I also wake up at night with my ribs hurting mostly on my left side so Im guesing he likes to settle himself on that side. My tailbone is also sore all the time guessing its from the muscles that are relaxed in my hip area. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a weird hatred for my cat, and have for the last month or so. I can't stand him lately and I think it's breaking DH's heart. He has always been a cat fan, and I've grown to become one...but if my cat walks into the same room as me and just sits and stares at me..it REALLY grinds my gears! I still love on him and give him attention, but it's usually when he's sleepy and it's me making the advances. Hopefully as soon as the babe is here I will revert back and be more loving.
  • @longliveregina i'm not really sure. i've heard many stories of women getting clean crazy and then bam! baby! I think it's pretty normal in the third trimester but I was just expecting it later on
  • Has anyone else had a sudden resurgence of morning sickness? It's not AS bad as it was during first trimester, but still terrible. 
  • Fire nips are back this morning!!  What is up with 1st tri symptoms returning with a vengeance?!
  • So the nesting instinct has not kicked in for me quite yet, but it has for my husband. He has a new project for us to do every night after work, like clean out closets, go through clothes to see what we can donate, reorganize holiday decorations, it never ends! I guess it's good that one of us is getting ready :#
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish I could start organizing things. But we're working on the house we bought at the end of November and nothing is done yet! 

I have been waking up to a bloody nose every morning when I blow it. Yayyyy
  • I also somehow am missing the need to "nest". And then I feel guilty that I don't feel the nesting thing... like I'm missing some mommy gene or hormone or something lol
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 yes to the feeling of morning sickness/nausea but I didn't get it in 1st tri, I think it's more related to the heartburn/acid reflux but I'm constantly feeling like that anymore.

@kjd291 I also feel better on my right or on my back and it makes me feel guilty so after a few minutes being as comfortable as I'm able to get in one of those positions as I'm starting to fall asleep, I try to force myself to turn on my left side. My mom said she ALWAYS slept on her right side when she was pregnant with me, I really don't know if it makes a difference but I hope not because inevitably I toss and turn around - I'm always in a different position each time I wake up throughout the night/morning.

I just experienced the worst leg cramps (both legs at the same time?!?) I've ever felt - I haven't had any yet so far during my pregnancy, so having it happen in the middle of the day in both legs was definitely a new "treat"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JustAnotherUsername16  I am with you as I have had no nesting feelings thus far. I think Im more relaxed or taking my time since Im having another boy and my youngest is 3.2 years so I really dont need to get many things since I pretty much have everything. In a way I was actually starting to feel guilty that I havent felt the need to nest or get stuff ready for the new baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been nesting like crazy. We've been renovating the room above our garage since July and are almost done. We might be done enough today to actually clean out the baby's room. Baby's room is our current guest room and that space will be our new guest room.
    So excited because that means we should be able to paint baby's room this week! I've been crazy about getting started and I'll feel so much better. Will also be nice to have somewhere to put the baby's stuff after the shower in a few weeks.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @npaulie I'm in the same boat. 4 am every single day and can't go back to sleep. 
  • I'm on day one of my 5 day staycation, and wake up at five am. Of course I stayed up late, because vacation...I can't stop my brain. So much to do but no energy to do it. Mostly I'm mentally planning my two showers, freaking out about prizes. Because that's more important than sleep, apparently.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And then I forget why I came on here...I woke up to a weird pulsing/tightening in the upper portion of my belly. It wasn't painful or low like I've read contractions can be, nor was it movement like I've read breathing practice can be. It just felt like the upper outside of my baby dome was twitching, like from the outside. Anyone have this? Brand new today so I haven't done much research.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been having the restless leg thing at night. This is maybe the most annoying thing I have experienced. It keeps me up for hours. I had it once before when I was in the taper phase of marathon training and I thought it was normal to feel twitchy approaching the race. It went away after the race back then, and now it is back with a vengeance! DH gave me leg massages before bed one night last week and it seemed to sort of help, then last night I used a foam roller on my lower legs and wore compression calf sleeves to bed and it helped a bit more, but I still feel the twitchy when I am relaxed, even when sitting on the couch. Forgot to mention it at my last OB appt. 
  • with DS, who was born in August, I had 1 maybe 2 hot flashes my entire pregnancy. With this one I have 1 or 2 a day! Thank goodness I can just step outside and enjoy the 20 degree weather. 
  • Had my first (and hopefully only!) dizzy spell while getting my nails done yesterday. Thankfully, I was already sitting, and the nail tech noticed I was a little out of it and got me a cold bottle of water. Not sure if I just got a random hot flash that set it off or if it was all the smells.