July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 12/26

Re: Weekly Symptoms 12/26

• I jinxed myself by saying brushing hasn't caused full on vomiting for about a week. Last night wasn't fun. Pasta is especially hard to throw up bc I feel like it gets stuck in my throat. So sorry for that visual.
  • Xath said:
    @OperaSingerMommy That happened to me when I was 9 months pregnant with our first.  My husband said he knew in that moment that if what he saw then wouldn't make him leave me, nothing would. ;)  Feel better!
    Thanks, mama.  Haha, DH says "I've seen things that cannot be unseen," lol.

@glitterfish 213 I just went because I was severely dehydrated and couldn't even keep down water.  If I weren't pregnant I would have just waited it out. Can you keep down fluids?  If not, I'd say call your OB and they'll tell you if they think it's ER time.  Hang in there, so sorry you're sick!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @OperaSingerMommy I called my OB and they said its time to go to the ER but we have an awful one with an average 8 hr wait so I made the decision to try again with gatorade! Yesterday I didnt keep anything down, but the only problem today was drinking bringing back stomach cramps, so I decided I'll try another day dealing with those before I spend an entire day in the ER! 
    Are you feeling better now?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish Can you go to an Urgent Care? I've heard of some other women going there for dehydration, and they can normally treat you much faster. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils I'm not sure! Ive also waited 3.5 hrs at our urgent care for stitches, so.....
    The OB nurse suggested I try a hospital about 45 min away, but for now Im just going to see how the liquids do. And I just ate a graham cracker, woohoo!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I have no appetite... been eating mostly cereal for the last few days. Nothing sounds good. The last time I had a regular meal I felt so full and had indigestion so now I'm just not wanting to eat. Anyone experiencing this? I'm 11 weeks 6 days.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @Sassenach1743 I have no appetite either. But when I get really hungry and nothing sounds good. 
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited December 2016
    @ashaw512 I'm having the same boob symptoms...I really feel like I'm ready to nurse NOW which is ridiculous.

Edited because it's spelled "boob" not "boon."
  • @Sassenach1743 I have no appetite either. But when I get really hungry and nothing sounds good. 
    Yep, exactly. I get to the point where my stomach starts growling, but nothing sounds good so I just end up eating toast. Now I'm sick of toast.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @caribbeanmama I am definitely calling my OB's office. Seems like the heartburn isn't going to let down. So far I've had it all day. 
  • @ashaw512 I'm having the same boob symptoms...I really feel like I'm ready to nurse NOW which is ridiculous.

Technically I'm still nursing but only at night. I haven't nursed during the day in over a year. He's weaning but very slow. It's starting to drive me nuts. 
  • @ashaw512 I'm having the same boob symptoms...I really feel like I'm ready to nurse NOW which is ridiculous.

Technically I'm still nursing but only at night. I haven't nursed during the day in over a year. He's weaning but very slow. It's starting to drive me nuts. 
    That makes a lot more sense, but still totally aggravating.  DS weaned pretty slowly, too. I finally just told him no more night nursing at 15 months (Dr's advice), and he finally started sleeping 12 hours...it was sad to do, though. I haven't nursed in 2 years and I'm getting super confused. I literally keep feeling for the "rocks" that I used to get when it was time, because the pressure is unreal.
  • @GlitterFish It's such a tough time for ER waits because it seems like everyone is sick right now!  I fainted in the waiting area so they took me quickly but there were like 40 people waiting when I discharged 12 hrs later.

Glad that you are drinking Gatorade.  I definitely feel on the mend (home this evening and baby looked great on ultrasound) but still having some nasty symptoms.  Hoping we both kick this soon!  Feel better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nausea has suddenly stopped, which is wonderful, but also has me nervous. With my first, I had severe nausea/vomiting until 28 weeks. By that time, I could clearly feel baby. To have the nausea suddenly gone when I cannot yet feel baby is making me anxious.
  • My nausea is horrible! I throw up at least 3-4 times a day. Idk what to do anymore. I can't eat without immediately throwing up but if I don't eat I still throw up. Nothing sits well. This is my second pregnancy and the nausea is so much worse. 
  • @lfk2013 Baby flutters are more common around week 18 and you'll know. 

@Twinkiedoll yes to all that.

The same spot on my center left, top of my rib cage is super sore and achey, just like last pregnancy. This feel early to me, but DH said it started this early last time. Ugh, one of the more uncomfortable symptoms for me. The fun is really beginning!
  • I came the closest I've come to actually vomiting this pregnancy, and it's entirely my own damn fault. Me half an hour ago "I'm kind of hungry. Oh well it can wait" Me now, can't make it to the kitchen without almost vomiting, makes trying effort to get back upstairs to try to eat cereal to prevent said vomiting. 
    Sigh. This'll stop eventually right? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @WeddingNotes13 my nausea has suddenly stopped also. Well almost. Sometimes I will get a little queasy, but nothing like it used to be. It also slightly worries me but I'm trying to just take it as a blessing. I'm still taking he unisom and B6 so that could also be helping some. 
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• I started to feel much less nauseaus around the 9 week mark. I'm at 11 now and heard a good heartbeat in the 160s at my appointment Tuesday so must just be hormones calming down. I am now suddenly starving and ready for bed by 8 every night (so exhausted! ).  Skin is getting worse every day. 
  • It finally happened. After weeks of nausea, I finally threw up. I will do just about anything to not.
    Best hubby of the year award though, because (of course) I didn't make it to the toilet and he cleaned everything up and just kept asking if I was ok.

This is so new to us cause I didn't have any sickness with my first. Love him.
  • I'm 9+6 today. Nausea has kicked up. I've actually thrown up this week. I've gone so long without throwing up ha. Sinuses have been a pain. My boobs don't hurt as bad anymore, but my bras are becoming uncomfortable. Headaches come and go. Fatigue fluctuates. At about 10pm, I'm STARVING and I can't help it haha. Husband brings home snacks when he works late haha.
  • @WeddingNotes13 my nausea has suddenly stopped also. Well almost. Sometimes I will get a little queasy, but nothing like it used to be. It also slightly worries me but I'm trying to just take it as a blessing. I'm still taking he unisom and B6 so that could also be helping some. 
    I'm 12+3 and still taking the unisom and B6. I'm not sure when to stop it. I'm afraid to be sick! It's helped me a lot. Plus the unisom helps me sleep. Before I was waking up all the time and would lay awake for hours. Now I do every once once in awhile, but nothing like before. 
  • Leysin97Leysin97 member
    edited December 2016
    @MalMal13 I would contact your OB. The concern with vomiting is dehydration.  I was vomiting 5 times a day and nauseated all day.  I was first prescribed Diclegis but it didn't work (I used it my first pregnancy).  Now it take Zofran during the day and Phenergan at night as needed.  I haven't taken anything the last few days since I'm only vomiting at night now. The vomiting and nausea this time around is definitely worse.   
  • @ginger1228 I'm so scared to stop taking it too! I mean it can't hurt anything to still be taking it right? And I do get queasy every now and then so I don't want to imagine what it would be like if I stopped taking it! I'm at 9+5 and I was sick constantly from 6 weeks on the dot to 9 weeks on the dot. It's nice to start feeling semi human again! 
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• 13+5 and for the third time this week I've woken up with night sweats - literally drenched from sweating it's just awful! I remember this last pregnancy but not this early on. My nausea has subsided but the sweats and itchy boobs are killing me! Anyone else?
  • @Rojita not the night sweats, although I was waking up when I was around 6 weeks way too warm at night, but I do have terribly itchy skin. To be fair, I have eczema and a persistent but ultimately harmless rash on my chest, so I'm not sure it's really the pregnancy. I do feel like it's drying me out more than normal though. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    edited December 2016
    @Rojita I experienced night sweats quite early on...probably around 5 or 6 weeks but haven't recently. I don't know if they were pregnancy related as the outdoor temp was fluctuating at the time and I could have been over-dressed or something.

The dull ache in my groin is back. Not painful, just annoying. It feels like I did crunches, and is tender if I run my hands over the area (lower abdomen between hip bones). I keep hearing/reading that round ligament pain is like a sharp pain when making a sudden movement, but whatever I'm feeling seems more random and sometimes even when I'm sitting. I'm not too concerned but it's still annoying. ETA: I'm 13w2d
  • @kat0607 I've had that off and on too. According to the nurses at multiple practices, I'm fine as long as there's no bleeding or fever. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @kat0607 me too - just a low ache, kind of like dull cramps.  I never had the sharp round ligament pain last pregnancy either.  My midwife says to just take it easy and drink/guzzle 32 oz of water when I feel it.  To be honest, I've really been slacking in the water department, which is strange because I normally drink lots of water when not pregnant.
  • In my 12th week and still puke at least once a day, usually more. I was just walking to the recycling bin outside and started loudly vomiting everywhere. Ugh. Water is so repulsive! When I force myself to drink it, I barf or have horrible sour stomach for HOURS. I'm just ready to feel better. I feel just as horrible as I did in week 5 as almost 13 weeks! I'm honestly terrified this will continue for a long time still. I looked ahead on other bmb's and was sad to see at 20 weeks some are still dealing with morning sickness. I'm just worried about my lack of water intake! I know how important water is for baby bean. 

My sweet baby(15 months) has passed me his cold. Baby was up all night coughing. Luckily I'm still taking unisom for insomnia so I'm able to quickly fall back to sleep when he wakes me nonstop. On the daytime side, he has a nasty nose. I'm talking every few minutes a boogie wipe is needed! 

I probably seem extra dramatic because I didn't have any of this with my sons pregnancy....so I had no idea what this was like. I guess I truly lucked out the first time around. 
  • @Leysin97 I will let my ob know hopefully she'll give me something. Thanks! I'm definitely worried about dehydration. I've been trying teas and preggie pops and they help but it's only temporary. 
  • @LoveLee85 oh man!  That sounds horrible!  I hope it ends as second trimester nears for you.  Can you ask your doctor about an alternate medication to give you some relief?  And of course you are not being dramatic!  Since you are throwing up I would try electrolyte infused water and Gatorade etc.  If that helps you keep it down and get hydrated faster.
  • dancegurl1118dancegurl1118 member
    edited December 2016
    @ashaw512 really hoping for no accreta for you. Those are very scary!

I've felt relatively great the first trimester compared to my first pregnancy. Really thought I was getting off scot free but the exhaustion and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday and continues today. WHAT GIVES, BODY?! Not to mention DD is super sick and miserable and I'm worthless because I feel like garbage so DH had to stay home today. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • 12 wks 2 days and I have this pinching in my right lower back that won't go away. (Possibly a sciatic nerve?) It feels like a kink I can't stretch out. I went to a 90 minute yoga class in hopes that would relieve some of the tension and I only feel worse. I'm hoping that it is from traveling all day yesterday and will go away in its own or else this is going to be a looonng second and third trimester.

Also shoutout to all you mamas who are dealing with first trimester woes and sick kiddos. I don't know how you do it!
  • I genuinely can't tell if DH is being an exceptional jerk lately or if I am...maybe feeling things extra strong right now. Maybe a little bit of both, let's say.

Same with my crying over the above. DH's fault or biochemical* changes?

(*Hormonal is a banned word in this house.)
  • i didn't find this week's thread so i'm just gonna reply here my nose is so congested and i get occasional bleeds, congestion causes nausea and headaches too but other than that i'm usually fine, other symptoms are only occasional now

i'm going through so many tissues i'm sure i'm responsible for demolishing a forest
  • @mars8k I polished off three tissue boxes yesterday. In fairness they weren't full when I started, but they were all at least half full...... I might have to plant a tree for the baby lol 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • zara4kzara4k member
    edited January 2017
    This really isn't a symptom per se but did anyone test positive in their urine test for GBS? 
  • @Rojita - I'm hating waking up soaked from the night sweats!!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• LuLiLaEvLuLiLaEv member
    edited January 2017
    Does anyone else feel like The Bump weekly updates for baby are scarily accurate? Like they literally know exactly how you're feeling?

I read mine for this week and (TMI) one of the symptoms was an increase in vaginal discharge which I've totally had this week. 

Edit: whoops, sorry guys, posted in the wrong week. But in my defense this one was bumped to the top as well...