July 2017 Moms

Strong intuition

2»

Re: Strong intuition

• @ginger1228  and @Twinkiedoll  I totally saw myself as a mom to boys. I loved the idea of having two boys! Once I had a girl, though, it definitely changed for me. I'm kind of sad I won't have my boy - we've always had one name picked out for a boy. we may use it as a middle name for this girl, though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @satsumasandlemons - I think one reason I'm leaning toward boy is bc I have a family name I want to use. I'll be sad if I can't use it. It's not remotely girly, so that wouldn't work. I'm not good at naming girls. I like a lot of boy names, but girl names are so hard for me. 

So basically I want a son bc he'll be easier to name. ;)
  • @ginger1228 I actually sort of wish I could choose (I mean I guess you can now, but I wouldn't ever do it that way... natural choice only apparently) I blame my anxiety brain. I just like knowing things and being more in control of things. Oh well. Nothing like a lesson in "you can't control life"
    I've felt since the start that it's a boy, and all the old wives tales point for boy on this one. My family is convinced it's a girl. I want a boy for my first baby, but as long as I get my baby and he/or she is healthy, I doubt I'll be too upset. Just worried that I won't be the best girl mom, especially if it's my first. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kerils - I worry about being a girl mom too. I've never been a dresses and bows kind of person. I have an older brother and we're close in age, so I was also always into playing with action figures and legos. I had "girl toys" too, but I loved playing with my brother. 
  • @ginger1228  i can totally relate to that, we've always had one name for a boy! And I've always been a tomboy! I get it!

• @ginger1228 I am one of three girls.  My mom is one of three girls.  My mom's sister has three girls.  There's a lot of estrogen on my mom's side of the family.  I have always want a boy to sort of balance things out. 

My dad's side of the family has lots of boys, but his entire family is in Hong Kong/China so they don't count.  haha

@satsumasandlemons I was always a tomboy too.  I'm really nervous at the idea of learning how to braid hair and other such things.  I told DH that he would have to learn too.

• @kerils, have you planned on finding out the gender? Ultrasound or NiPt? I really want to find out already and know what I'm having
  • We've been wrong both times so I'm not even making a guess this time. We'll just wait and see at the anatomy scan. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @zara4k Yep, we're going to find out, but unfortunately I didn't get offered the genetic tests in the beginning that can tell you. I have my NT scan today and I'm hoping maybe the tech can give me a hint... but I know it's just a hint and they probably won't be able to. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • I thought girl both times and I just found out that I'm having another boy! So basically I have no intuition. Lol.
  • I was positive I was having a girl the first time and I did. This time I feel likes it's another girl. But maybe that's just because I can't picture myself with a boy. We shall see!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been thinking it was a boy and the NT scan today said I'm probably right! Waiting for final confirmation from the anatomy scan. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • At my ultrasound today I had the feeling that baby is a boy. It just feels right. However, my mother has had dreams about my first child and her dreams always show a girl (she has really REALLY good intuition and her dreams are usually pretty accurate). Husband wants a girl, but also feels it is a boy.

At this point, I just want a happy and healthy baby.