Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of January 2nd

AandDM2014AandDM2014 member
edited January 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Mommies to be:
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/10/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy! 
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with 1 girl!
@jenn6782 EDD 4/7/17 with 1 girl!
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with 1 boy! 
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with 1 boy!
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 girl!
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with 1 boy!
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with 1 bean!
@Happydays13 EDD 4/19/17 with 2 girls!
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 with 1 boy!
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17 with 1 girl!
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30/17 with 1 bean!
@frustrated and ttc EDD 3/27/17 with 2 girls! 
@clt2pmw11 EDD 5/1/17 with 1 bean!
@flanenrs1 EDD 5/3/17 with maybe 1 girl!
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with 1 boy!
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17 with 1 girl!
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17 with 1 girl!
@kelrauh EDD 5/14/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@alaaronson EDD 5/19/17 with 1 boy!
@chickyclg EDD 5/20/17 with 1 bean!
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with 1 girl!
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 bean!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 bean!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 bean!

QOTW: Are you planning to do any special photo shoots during your pregnancy? Maternity, sex reveal, newborn?
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-In: Week of January 2nd

• Today I am 25+2 with my three littles, 2 girls, 1 boy. My goodness, how the time flies sometimes! We're looking at less than 10 weeks until we meet our babies, which is so hard to believe. I don't have any appointments until January 17th, which has me a little worried as it'll have been almost 3 weeks since my previous appointment, but I'm trying not to stress too much.

Yesterday evening DH and I were snuggling on the couch watching a movie and apparently the babies were very active while he was resting his hand on my tummy. It was nice because they've been little boogers recently and would stop moving every time he felt for them, but this time he got to feel lots and lots of movement.

QOTW: I'd love to do some maternity photos, but right now I'm more focused on our upcoming move and finishing the selling process on our house, so haven't had time to put any thought towards it. I don't think I'd have professional ones done, probably just have my dad take some for us (he is an avid photographer and takes really good pictures). I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures taken of our babies once they're born, so we won't do an official newborn photo shoot. If we did anything like that, it would be me taking the pics once they get to come home with us.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @AandDM2014 10 weeks! That is so soon! I'm glad your husband got to feel them moving around. Our baby does the same thing, or he will be kicking but only hard enough for me to feel. I kinda feel bad for our partners because they don't get to bond as much with baby before it arrives. I mean, I am constantly reminded of the little life inside me, and my heart surges with love when I feel him grooving around in there.

I am 23 weeks today! I have my next appointment on Martin Luther King Jr. day. I'm looking forward to it because I have a lot of questions to ask since I've started reading some books. Today the hubs is prepping the nursery for me. He started pulling up carpet (there is hardwood underneath), and he is building some shelves in the closet so I can start organizing baby stuff (we've accumulated a ton of used clothes, and we were lucky enough to have people buy us baby things for Christmas).

QOTW: My husband is a photographer, so we did a gender reveal photo which I posted on here awhile back. He is really excited to do a maternity shoot in March. We will probably do it the first or second week of March. I don't want to wait too long just in case I go early! Plus I still want the cute bump and not the crazy uncomfortable looking bump (I am vain). I'm sure he will take lots of photos of baby once he arrives, so I'm not too concerned about scheduling a newborn shoot, so long as I get a photo of his sweet little hands and feet.

I hope everyone had a great New Years!
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @clt2pwm11 I know, I'm freaking out a bit! I don't feel as bad about it since he gets to see them on the ultrasound screen for waaaaay longer than I do, so he still gets a connection with them that I don't. I know it isn't quite the same, but I do love seeing them on the screen, especially their little fluttering hearts, so I'm glad he gets to see them more than I do since I feel them all the time. Some advice for your appointment: if you haven't already done so, I'd definitely suggest writing down all your questions and bringing them with you so you don't forget any. I bet your DH is going to take some great maternity and newborn photos!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 That is so exciting that your babies will be here so soon! I can't believe how quickly time has flown.

@clt2pwm11 Yay for getting the nursery ready! We have hardwoods under the carpet in our upstairs bedrooms too, and I would love to pull of the carpet but DH keeps fighting me on it. He likes the carpet in the bedrooms. Boo!

I am 18+2 today and for the last 4 days now I've felt an increasing amount of movement! Sometimes little flutters and occasionally actual kicks. Not big enough kicks to feel from the outside yet but I can definitely feel them. Whenever I lay down to go to sleep at night I just love focusing on the little dance party happening inside me!

Our AS is on Thursday and I can't believe it's finally (almost) here! I'm nervous, excited, and ready for it. I had a nightmare not too long ago that we found out at the AS that we were actually having a boy and that the lab messed up. Let's hope THAT isn't the case! We have our sex reveal party (just called Sex Party! on the FB invite lol) scheduled for Saturday evening. The forecast says snow, unfortunately, and here in NC nobody leaves the house when it's snowing :angry: Hopefully the snow holds off or is light enough that we still get a nice turn out because we have almost 30 RSVPs. A friend and I spent all day Saturday decorating our house for the party! It's going to be Star Wars themed and our cake will say "Jedi or Princess?" Super excited!

Also this past weekend DH and I spent hours clearing out what will be the baby's room, so now it is completely ready to fill with baby stuff. DH's parents want to take us furniture shopping the day after our sex reveal party!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year! So excited for all of our 2017 babies!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Forgot to do the QOTW! I definitely want to do all of the pictures! We still have so much wall space to fill up and I want some professional photos to fill them up with! Definitely want to do a maternity shoot, newborn shoot, etc. I'm excited for all of it!

• Happy New Year, everyone! I am 22+3 today. Our next appointment is the fetal echo a week from Thursday, and I'm looking forward to seeing my little muffin again. He's been very actively lately, which is always nice for reassurance. Also, my nausea has started to get better, so I am in the process of weaning myself off of diclegis again this week. FX it goes better than the last time I tried!

We finally announced our pregnancy on FB yesterday. I had been too nervous to do it, but our families were urging us to do something. It's crazy what IF and losses will do to your brain and emotions, but I'm glad it's done.

QOTW: No professional maternity photos for me (we have plenty of other photos), but we will get professional newborn photos taken. With DS, there was a photographer at the hospital who would do a little photo session right there in the room when your baby was 1 day old. We did that, and I'm SO glad we did! The photos were amazing, and how many times is your baby going to be 1 day old??? We used one of them for the birth announcement, and I love looking at all of them - he was so little and sweet!  I kept thinking I'd take some "nice" pictures of him once we got home (I dabble in a little photography), but the craziness of having a newborn, major BF problems, recovery from giving birth, etc. got in the way. So I'm really glad we did the ones in the hospital, and I'm hoping we can do something similar this time around, too!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @wifeinraleigh28 It's both exciting and stress inducing at the same time! It's hard to believe, especially after such a long journey to get here. Congrats on feeling movement so early! I bet that's a relief! Yay for having your AS coming up! Your sex reveal party sounds awesome!

@BlueEyedDreamer I hope your echo goes well and you get lots of good shots of baby! Hopefully weaning yourself will go much better this time! I'm glad you shared your experience with newborn photos, thank you. It's very helpful for us FTMs to know!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• I am 21+5 today with a little girl.  Lots of movement going on, but not to the point where my husband has been able to feel her.  We just need to spend some quality time on the couch together in the evening sometime with his hand on my belly.  That seems to be when she is the most active.

I'm spending this weekend getting the nursery painted.  I had to practically get a notarized permission slip from my OB before anyone would let me do the actual painting, but she says it's fine as long as the room is well ventilated and I'm using regular old latex paint.  I started last weekend with the ceiling and am hoping to get the rest done today.  I'm doing a white ceiling with white coming down the top foot or so of the walls, then a beautiful honey yellow color on the walls with scallops on the top going into the white and a thin band of a tealish blue below that.  Hopefully this goes well.  I'm starting on the scallops this morning....

I am all about the newborn photos.  I dabble in photography myself and have some beautiful shots of some of my nieces, as well as an awesome maternity shoot with one of my sisters with her first baby.  I'm just nervous that I would be too busy/overwhelmed/forgetful and not get any pictures taken or not have pictures that are amazingly awesome, so we are definitely getting some pro shots done.  I found a bunch of photographers in the Seattle area and just need to pick one.  It is a spendy thing, but I am very photo-focused in general and must must must have these!  This is my miracle baby and I want to treasure every moment I get with her and remember every stage in her life.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • (I will say, my OB probably wasn't aware that I would be standing on a chair for 2 days painting that ceiling, but I was careful and all's well that ends well, right??)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19

• @AandDM2014 That's part of why I shared my story. You may have the best intentions in the world to take great pics of your babe when you get home, but you just never know what might happen. While I didn't have it as bad as some, I definitely struggled more after giving birth than I had anticipated. So having a solid plan in place to capture those irreplaceable moments (even if it's $$$!) is a really good idea!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • I'm excited to be at 16 weeks already.  I've been feeling some movement for about a week now which is awesome, even though it is sporadic and not very obvious yet.  My next appt is Wednesday, so it will be nice to hear the heartbeat again.  I can't wait for the a/s which should be in a few weeks!
    QOTW: Are you planning to do any special photo shoots during your pregnancy? Maternity, sex reveal, newborn?
    No professional shoots for us since we are on a tight budget so that I can do the SAHM thing again.  I took tons of photos when DD was a baby so I'm sure I will get plenty this time around too.  I've been having my DH take some photos of me and my belly every few weeks for my scrapbook too.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @PNW12RN I'm glad someone else wants to paint! My family is like "we aren't letting you in the fumes! We will do it!" but I've yet to have anyone show up with a brush. I'm getting a little antsy to get her done. I have some leftover grey that I used in the living room, so I think I'm going to use it to do the nursery. If I run out, I might do a light green accent wall since we are doing a camping adventure turned nursery and lots of things are green in nature! I love the sound of your yellow with scallops though!

@wifeinraleigh28 If we had nice carpet, I would've left it, but it was gross. I registered for those soft connecting foam mats to put down on the floor so Charlie will have a comfy place to play. That was my one concern about hardwood. 
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Yay for 2017! This will truly be the best year ever for all us ladies! I am 26 wks 4 days with one little girl. Our next appointment is Jan 11th and I have my second glucose tolerance test (had one earlier on due to PCOS diagnosis).

@AandDM2014  and @clt2pwm11 how do the babies know when DH hand is there? I can have my hand resting on my tummy and she will be kicking so hard, I grab his hand and she is perfectly still....how do they know lol!

@BlueEyedDreamer we made our FB announcement yesterday as well, I have been nervous but also wanted to be sensitive to those on my list who may be struggling with IF. I included some info on our IF journey (inspired by @kelrauh thank you!). It was awesome and several people who I had no idea struggled shared that they were familiar with the journey.

QOTW: We have maternity photos scheduled for mid to late February and our hospital does the new born pics as well.We will have the same photographer taking our maternity pics taking more once we are home and she does a great package where you pay for a "newborn" package and get pics taken every few months! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Hi all, happy new year! 26 weeks tomorrow! I had an exciting week, my sister had her little girl on the 29th, so I got lots of little baby snuggles in during the past few days. I had an OMG moment yesterday that my little one is the next one to be born into the family.

qotw I'm doing newborn pictures. Dh has been helping buying accessories and outfits that represent us really well to use for the shoot so I'm excited. 
  • Hi all! 23+3  weeks here, growing 1 girl baby resulting from my first FET. Cruising along with some heartburn, restless limbs and insomnia. It's all good though, whatever it takes! Feeling lots of gratitude lately for the world of science and this baby as things feel more and more real. 

QOTW: We don't have anything planned as far as photos go. I literally have 1 photo of myself pregnant from my pregnancy with my son. It was taken about 2-3 weeks before he was born and then I went into labor at my baby shower, and never got any there so I'm determined to be better about it this time around. I'm not all that into formal maternity shoots, but I had a friend do a "fresh 48" photo shoot and it was gorgeous. A photographer came to the hospital within the first 48 hours after birth and got some beautiful images. I'm contemplating something like that this time around even though we have a ton of images from DS's birth and (unfortunately) from while I was in labor. My husband had his own photo shoot as I was getting wheeled around the hospital and it wasn't pretty!
  • @2legbaby I know, right! How do they know it's DH and not us! Your photo package sounds awesome!

@BornReady Hopefully this LO sticks around longer and doesn't surprise you so you can plan for pictures a little better!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• clt2pwm11  I love the sound of the green/gray for your room.  My most favorite color in the world is sage gray, to the point where family would totally ask about us naming a baby boy Sage (we would not..).  I love greens and have them all over my home and in my wardrobe and decor.  Decided to shake things up a bit with the yellow/gray/blue scheme in this room.

FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19

• Hi ladies, I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and cervix being competent and holding strong at 3cm. I was gutted not to be able to go home over Xmas but my mum sent me a stunning Christmas tree the day she found out I couldn't come (fake of course but with built in LED lights). Mums are just the best...
    QOTW: my hubby is a photographer so will def do both maternity and newborn shoot. He wants to take some pics right after birth even, not sure they allow that but it could be nice for just us to have that moment in a picture... 

I see you ladies have been nesting and preparing your nurseries. I want to start this week too!
    Any must-haves you have already decided on or purchased? 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• edited January 2017
    @flanners1 We've only just started looking, but my plan is to buy furniture that will pretty much remain her furniture for a really long time. So the dresser will have a changing table on top when she's a baby but will then continue to be her dresser. I also like the idea of a convertible crib that can convert into a toddler/day bed and then into a full bed with head board/foot board. Also want to get a really awesome glider in there too. I have some stuff picked out on my BRU registry but we're going furniture shopping with my in laws this weekend so who knows what we'll find when we go to multitudes of furniture stores!

• @flanners1 Regarding nursery must-haves:  besides the obvious like crib and changing table and dresser, etc, I found that you need blackout shades/curtains for naps and nighttime, and a variable nightlight for MOTN feedings and diaper changes.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @flanners1 Actually, after going to the movies a few weeks ago, I've decided that I need a powered reclining chair for myself to nurse/feed in. I have a basic rocker with foot stool, but with trying to nurse two babies at a time (that is the current plan anyway) I need something bigger and more comfy to sit in. Plus I'll be having a c-section, so having it be powered means it'll be easier for me to use post surgery.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi ladies! I'm now 28 weeks and moved over to the 3rd Tri board. I wanted to wish you all the best of luck and a big congratulations. If this is your first, the best advice I can give you is to be gentle with your DH. They are doing their best to learn and taking care of babies and/or a crazy woman in labor does not come naturally (heck, we've gotten to know our babies for 9 months!). Hahaha. I say this because I've lived through it. I now know to be a little more understanding of my husband. :)

Enjoy your birthing experience. Sometimes there are hiccups in your birth plan and you have to roll with the punches and your birth plan may not go as you planned. Just go with it and trust your doc. It's like a wedding. Something will always go wrong and you can't dwell on it! ;)

@AandDM2014 - You can remove me from the list! :)

Best of luck everyone!
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi all, I'm 22 weeks with 1 girl. We're on our babymoon this week so I'm trying to keep the real world and its anxieties at a distance and focus on exercising and relaxing and eating fancy food. My next appointment is a week from today and I have the sneaking suspicion that all this babymoon swimming and hiking will not counteract holiday and restaurant eating weight gain! I'm really starting to feel this pregnancy in my back and endurance levels so exercising is getting tougher. 

We're not doing any formal photography--I didn't realize it was so normal! It literally isn't something that had crossed my mind! I'm learning so much in this thread about all the different types. 
  • @clt2pwm11 @PNW12RN my parents painted MOST of the nursery, but this weekend I painted the inside of the closet with no issues. I kept the window open the whole time and wore a mask. Easy peasy! We went with a light, soft green since we won't know gender until birth! I'm IN LOVE with the color! Bed set will be grey! Sounds like we all have similar taste :)

So we are very lucky in that my FIL is very well versed in laying hardwoods - he and my hubs put in hardwoods in the nursery this weekend! They are BEAUTIFUL. Planning on getting a sheepskin rug for playtime. They are putting the same hardwoods in the guestroom next week, so I still am unable to set up nursery since we'll have to move all the furniture into the nusery while they lay the floors... but I'll survive! Can't wait until everything starts coming together!

QOTW: undecided! My lack of decision making will probably result in no maternity pictures lol. Apparently our photog from our wedding will do them for free though - so maybe that will get me motivated! Probably will wait until I'm around 30 weeks (Currently 25+2). I have a photog friend that has offered to do newborn photos, so I will most likely take her up on that offer!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @flanners1 not a nursery must have but a baby must have. Sleep gowns are a must. You don't want to have to deal with snaps and zippers on your little ones pj's in the middle of the night. The sleep gowns make it so much easier to change diapers at night. a lot of them also have the mitten selves to keep little ones hands warm and away from their face. 
  • @babylonghorn16 How awesome that you got some free labor for installing your new floors! I bet you can't wait to finally be able to start decorating the nursery!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• I am 16 weeks today.  It feels unreal. Next appointment is AS next Monday and I have that week off from work so I plan on trying to accomplish a lot with nursery stuff. Now the room is a storage area. I started looking at registry stuff and wow there are so many decisions to be made. 

QOTW:  as of right now nothing planned prebaby but I would definitely love to do some kind of newborn shots. Either myself or professionally. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • clt2pwm11clt2pwm11 member
    edited January 2017
    @flanners1 Like pp said, I'm trying to buy things that will transition with baby. I decided on this crib:
    https://www.target.com/p/stork-craft-hillcrest-fixed-side-4-in-1-convertible-crib/-/A-21553351

The price is right (I'm actually ordering through Amazon because it's cheaper), it has good ratings, and it converts to a toddler bed. I'm still deciding between white and gray. It's a no frills crib, but I'm a no frills kinda gal! I'm still in search of a dresser that I can throw the changing pad on top of. I'm looking for something used that I can paint to match the crib but no such luck yet. 

@babylonghorn16 How exciting! I bet the floors will be beautiful. Hubs is re-sanding ours in the next week or two and then staining them thereafter. Then I can really get in there and set everything up.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • I just realized you don't have my due date. It's June 13th. I'm 17 weeks today & I'll find out on the 25th whether I'm having a boy or girl. 

I will be doing a maternity photo shoot either in late April or sometime in may. I'd also like to do a mini photo session at the hospital too (someone other than the company they contract with). I don't care for the company the hospital uses. Their work always seems so rushed & their picture quality has gone downhill in my opinion. 
  • I am 19 weeks and 2 days with boy girl twins. I am loving being pregnant right now.  After my AS I feel so close to them. Watching them on the ultrasound screen for almost 2 hours made it real and made me realize what I have been feeling is them moving and its amazing. It was so cool to see them kick and move on the ultrasound and feel it. I can't believe how blessed I am. 

I spent all weekend cleaning out our spare bedroom for the nursery. We picked out new carpet and I decided to make them quilts so I have both half done. I figured while I'm feeling good I should get it all done. 

QOTW: DH and I have battled over photos since before we got pregnant. He doesn't understand why you get newborn pictures done outside of the ones in the hospital. He doesn't think its worth the money. I'm not big on pictures of me so we won't be doing maternity pictures.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @kelrauh Wow, your AS was 2 hours!?!?! I swear both of mine were like 5-10 minutes. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @kelrauh I feel the same way... get shit done when you feel good! Plus I'm just so excited right now that I can't help but plan plan plan! So glad you're feeling such a strong connection following the anatomy scan. I'm nervous for mine on Thursday! But also excited. 

• @aanddm2014 - yeah it was close to 2 hours. She measured everything possible and they were not cooperating. We got about 20 pictures of each. She made me get up a few times to try to make him move because he flipped himself so she coudnt see

@wifeinraleigh28 - I am in the same boat with excitement and getting stuff done. I am a major planner so I finally feel like I can plan.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @kelrauh so glad the anatomy scan went well! My husband also doesn't get the photo thing and he dislikes the cute photos of babies in jars of candies, baskets etc lol and he doesn't want any naked pics of her either  :) we have compromised on more traditional family pics which is fine with me! 

@AandDM2014 my singleton anatomy scan was about an hour as well (she was also not being super cool operative at the time! )
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @2legbaby my dh hates the naked pics. He doesn't understand why you would want a picture of your baby naked hanging on your wall haha. 
  • @2legbaby and @ale9687 I'm not a huge fan of the naked pics either (it sort of depends), but nakedness is a state that you will be seeing your baby in A LOT when they get here!! :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Aw, maybe I'm in the minority, but I LOVE naked baby photos! Too cute for words. :love:

• Hi ladies!  I've been MIA, busy with my LO and the holidays.  Sounds like everyone is doing well!  Will be 26 weeks tomorrow and just plugging along.  Had my glucose last passed (woohoo!) and now going through the hassle of changing OBs since our insurance just changed.  Other than that, just enjoying feeling the little guy and seeing how excited DS is getting!

**Warning - Child Mentioned**

Me: 33, DH: 39   Unexplained Infertility

4 IUIs (chlomid) in 2013 which resulted in DS born in April 2014

TTC #2 since August 2015

5 rounds of IUIs (1 chlomid: resistent, 1 femara, 3 gonal f) = all BFN

ER March 9: 26 eggs retrieved, 19 mature and 17 fertilized, 8 made it to genetic testing, 4 normal!

FET #1 5/31 = BFN

FET#2 7/26 = BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @AandDM2014, @clt2pwm11, and @2legbaby My little thumper stops moving when DH puts his hand on my belly too and then after a few minutes normal activity resumes. I wonder what they're thinking - I imagine them freezing in place and looking around with a furrowed brow and listening like they are curious because they sense it's not you. :) At 28 weeks DH can see her moving in waves across my entire belly.

If you haven't taken the glucose tolerance test yet, I didn't think it was bad at all. In fact, after fasting all night, when I tasted the cold, clear orange flavored drink I thought it was delicious! Lol And it was a small bottle. My results were just over 100 so I passed. I also got the DTaP and it's not as bad as I expected - it just felt like a bruise for a few days. I've read about bad experiences with both so I thought I'd share a positive one and I hope yours is as well.

QOTW: We're planning to do a newborn photo shoot. I am skipping the maternity shoot - we will have photos from events/parties and that is plenty. :D

I'll be moving over to the 3rd tri board. See you all there soon! Happy New Year!

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep and starting to worry about my AS in the morning... (at 10:15 EST). Praying so hard that all looks good with my little love bug in there!