December 2016 Moms

FFFC//Mommy Confessions 12.30

2»

Re: FFFC//Mommy Confessions 12.30

• @LandJ13 I sterilized the bottles because they were from dd1 and in storage for 2 years. I sterilized the breast pump stuff once when I got it. That's probably all the sterilization I'll do until/unless the baby gets sick. But yeah...I definitely don't sterilize often! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • @DiFazette well said!!

I definitely do my best not to dwell in mommy-guilt-ville (though this go round is definitely tougher and when your body feels like it failed to do what it's supposed to- that is hard hard). 

Have confidence in yourself- you know how to do this (you wouldn't be on this site if you didn't care about your kid and their well being)!! do your best but allow yourself mistakes- little things like over using the swing and giving your kid McDonald's once in a while won't ruin them. You got this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well said @DiFazette! Mom guilt never truly goes away IMO. I still have bouts of it with my older kid. You just do the best you can and focus on what works and is right for your family. Social comparison will always exist. 
  • My girls for sure live in sleepers 85% of the time lol.

They've been getting more formula, because I try and try, but I just don't make enough for twins. Plus I can't pump as often while working.

I seriously worry that they don't get equal attention. And I worry that I'm being a lazy mom. Because they were premies, for the first like 5 weeks all they did was sleep. Now that's changing, and I know I can't just leave them sleeping in their crib all day. I don't even know what to do really...and I'm at work during the week. Which also makes me feel guilty. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just stood in the kitchen with LO strapped to me in the lillebaby and ate spaghetti.  He was not interested in being put down or in DH, so standing up was the easiest way to eat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• First glass of wine with dinner! Just finished feeding LO and DH is picking the wine from the rack. More excited than I should be right now.