January 2016 Moms
Options

Almost one! Momma is super emotional

Is anyone else feeling super emotional about LO turning one? I'm doing all of the cake smash photo planning atm and it's just so surreal that my baby is turning one! Geeze where did this year go? 

Re: Almost one! Momma is super emotional

• Options
    I get emotional every time he does something new, gets bigger or says a new word. But its also so damn cool every one of those times too.
  • Options
    I'm getting emotional and also I have baby fever SO BAD.  It's killing me to have to wait at least 18 months, but it's for my health (and future baby's) so I'm grinning and bearing it.  But the bigger she gets the more I want another one!  Rose has just been such a joy to parent - so hilarious and snuggly and curious.  I can't wait for more.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Denver turns one in about 10 days...... 
    i get emotional when I think about it. I keep saying, what am I going to do, he won't need me anymore (like turning one is the beginning of adulthood or something). 
    Im excited to see him grow, learn and explore. But I miss him being tiny. Yesterday SO and I were watching videos from when he was tiny and he looked at me and said "that's not Denver" yeah honey it is... 
    -sigh- be still my heart. Stay small my little prince. 
  • Options
    We celebrated my sons birthday this weekend. I was so sad but happy! When we were singing happy birthday to him, I had to do everything I could not to cry haha. It's just crazy how fast the time went! Christmas Day is aproching which means he's going to be a year old. I'm dreading it, but I can't wait all at once. 
  • Options
    My girl turns 1 on 1/5 and i'm soooo dreading it. Everyone keeps asking me about a party and I'm in denial- I don't want to have a party! I don't want her to grow up! :( I'll probably do something small with family since our house isn't great for entertaining, and the park or outside will be chilly.
  • Options
    Nolan will be 1 on 1/5 as well @grkgdss00. We have his photos scheduled for Monday 1/2 and his birthday party is on 1/7 at a local park. I can't believe a year has flown by so fast!!! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    @MissMheMhe @grkgdss00 i also have a 1/5 baby! 
  • Options
    I was doing really well. Birdie will be 1 on the 13th, but she moved up to the one-year-old room at daycare today, and I cried twice before 7:30 this morning. Not handling it well. But it seems to be more than that. I was watching her with her oldest brother, who will be 12 in March, and I got weepy about how he looked like such a capable adult with her. None of my babies are babies anymore!
  • Options
    @MissMheMhe omg we did pics on the 2nd and her party will be the 7th also! hahah that's awesome. @kaym6 yay they are the best <3
  • Options
    My baby turned 1 yesterday and it is totally emotional but such a wonderful milestone too.  Congratulations mamas and papas!  This is as much a milestone and achievement for you as it is for your babes!

We will also be having a party on the 7th!

@missmhemhe and @grkgdss00 what kind of photos did you do?  I'm curious as I really want to capture this 1 year but am not sure how.  I love the pics of baby with cake I've been seeing but my baby is not interested in cake...  We've been doing monthly photos (almost never on her month day, I tell myself if it's within the month it's ok) and I'll be doing the 12 month photo to finish the series, but now would also like to start a new set for "year photos" which I could replicate each year...  Would love to share ideas!
  • Options
    The Bump just sent me a notification about LOs week 52 and it made me cry!  This year went by way too fast!! Harper has her party on her birthday the 7th and I'm hoping I can keep it together! 
  • Options
    I was ok. I made her a birthday outfit and party bow. I've ordered her cake. I've planned her first year photos. But I woke up this morning with the crushing weight that she turns 1 tomorrow. I'm not ready for my baby to grow up. *cue ugly crying 
  • Options
    I officially ugly cried big time last night when my husband handed me a photo book he made of LOs first year! 
  • Options
    This is my last baby so the emotional struggle with all the milestones is real. But the birthday is the hardest. I feel super guilt ridden about it because he's such a little ball fire it's been a struggle to get photos and videos. This years been so fast!