January 2017 Moms
Options

Old wives tales to induce labor

2»

Re: Old wives tales to induce labor

• Options
    i think if we get past 37 weeks (which would be crazy!), we might try to have sex again. all of my bleeding (?placental abruption) and preterm labor started just after we had sex at 23 weeks (i got the worst contractions with sex, even back then). but i'm freaking terrified. sex isn't "supposed" to cause preterm labor, but my OB was like, well, nothing is 100%... its possible
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 It's not the type of tea to add milk or cream to, it's more herbal than a regular black tea. I like it the way it is, but if I were to add something, it'd be honey and/or cinnamon.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I just bought it yesterday and would like to start drinking a cup a day. I might just drink it on its own the first time and see if I want to add any honey to it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 Yeah I find it to taste pretty good by itself!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    The tea isn't bad. I didn't realize it needs to steep for 10-15 min though. Has anyone seen the capsules? I'd rather take those. 
  • Options
    I don't know if I will do anything. I know DH would have sex 20 times a day if I asked him. He thinks me pregnant is just as sexy as me not. I'll just have to see how far I get before I feel the need to do something 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my last baby at 36 weeks and I know it's a lot harder with an early baby...they aren't quite fully baked yet even if they look like it. We had trouble with latching and she had jaundice and a bit of a tortocolis. I think there is a big different in development from 36 weeks to 40 weeks. That being said, physically i am exhausted and want my body back. I think I will start doing those natural induction methods at 39 weeks...
  • Options
    @ccarrozza1 I hear you! My son was born at 36 weeks, he was a terrible nurser and I had to eventually give up on it, because he had such poor suction that he couldn't pull what he needed out of me and that dried my milk supply up. Plus he had jaundice and we are still fighting tortocollis at 11 months old, he's also 1-2 months behind other kids on milestones. 
  • Options
    Anyone try "mommas milk" tea? I saw that I have some left over from when I was drinking it for my milk supply, I had to stop drinking it because my doctor said the herbs in it can cause contractions (back when I was only 1-2 months pregnant and still nursing my son). Just curious if anyone's tried drinking it
  • Options
    Oxytocin is supposed to get contractions going which is where the nipple stimulation suggestion comes from. Something else that I'm pretty sure released massive amounts of oxytocin and I swear put me into labor on Saturday? Netflix binging on Call the Midwife lol. I was like hm, what's this about? Four episodes in I was emotional to tears, "BH" (they ended up being real) like crazy, and went in to full on active labor a few hours later. Totally random I know, but I couldn't help but laugh about it and wonder if that's what actually did it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    myriamc96 said:
    Anyone try "mommas milk" tea? I saw that I have some left over from when I was drinking it for my milk supply, I had to stop drinking it because my doctor said the herbs in it can cause contractions (back when I was only 1-2 months pregnant and still nursing my son). Just curious if anyone's tried drinking it

I tried it but it tasted awful. 

• Options
    myriamc96 said:
    @ccarrozza1 I hear you! My son was born at 36 weeks, he was a terrible nurser and I had to eventually give up on it, because he had such poor suction that he couldn't pull what he needed out of me and that dried my milk supply up. Plus he had jaundice and we are still fighting tortocollis at 11 months old, he's also 1-2 months behind other kids on milestones. 

The tortocollis is totally gone now. We started her with a chiropractor that specialized in children's practice and it totally helped. If you do that route, I would make sure to find someone really good who has an excellent reputation. 
    Hopefully this time around nursing goes a little smoother but who knows! I am still going to try pumping if he doesn't but know it will be much harder with a toddler running around... 

• Options
    I have DTD twice today, ate an entire pineapple, tried spicy food last night... none of which gave me regular contractions just the irregular ones that are soo painful now! 2 weeks ago I was high closed and hard... I went into L&D last night due to these intense contractions and was told I am 4cm dialated, 90% effaced and super soft but nothingbis working for me today.. still irregular contractions although they are super painful! I dont know what else to try!!!! 

• Options
    @sanchez6 make plans to do something tonight that you REALLY want to do... works for me every time! 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    myriamc96 said:
    Have you heard anything more about that?? I have a whole bunch cause I needed it for milk supply too and didn't mind drinking it really lol

• Options
    myriamc96 said:
    Have you heard anything more about that?? I have a whole bunch cause I needed it for milk supply too and didn't mind drinking it really lol
    I started drinking it a week or so ago and it's done zero things. Might make a cup now that I'm 39 + 3
  • Options
    myriamc96myriamc96 member
    edited December 2016
    @andromedacorrine for me I started having contractions right after each cup I drank, they eventually stopped but it definitely could help kick start labor. I currently need to go get some more and am probably gunna pick up prim rose tea or raspberry leaf tea too, either of those help anyone?
  • Options
    Due date is January 13th, but nothing yet.  Ive tried ALL of the the above ideas, but to no avail.   Been stuck at 4 cm for past 3-4 days.   Resigning myself to fact that baby will come out on his or her own schedule. 
  • Options
    @QCSouthernBelle they told me he could come any day Nov 22, I was 32 weeks then and already dilated. Now I've been walking around 3 cm and almost fully effaced for 2+ weeks now (38.3 weeks), plus I've been having irregular contractions all day and all night for the past 3 days. I've tried nipple stimulation, bouncing on yoga ball, walks, sex, all the teas and spicy food, and nothing has helped
  • Options
    Lol havent had the energy to even move a muscle!! I went sledding a few times and still nothing :( lol ive come to the conclussion he will come when he wants to because he is stubburn like his father lol
  • Options
    I am 39w5 and nothing is working! Sex, nipple stimulation, long walks, spicy food, dancing, squats, chores, carrying around a toddler... my dd I had at exactly 39 weeks so I am going a little stir crazy here! 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker