January 2017 Moms

Anyone else on bedrest yet?

2»

Re: Anyone else on bedrest yet?

• I'm counting down to 34 weeks because that was our initial goal (I'm 32w1d today). Contractions are still happening. The intensity and frequency pick up throughout the day, but Monday the doctor said my cervix is still firm and closed and I'm not leaking any amniotic fluid. I definitely do better on bedrest so I'm still at home, in bed or on the couch. I had my shower this weekend (I sat most of the time) and afterwards I was contracting every 6 minutes. It definitely showed me that staying home, laying low, and keeping hydrated are the biggest factors in keeping the contractions in check. Also my hips are killing me from laying down so much, even with a support pillow. 

@Litzi Fingers crossed your contractions slow down and LO stays put! 
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks @christac1010! its so scary when they pick up because i essentially have no cervix left and its been a bit dilated for weeks. my hips were so painful, too. i literally woke up crying. getting a memory foam mattress cover made such a big difference.
  • newyearsbaby5newyearsbaby5 member
    edited November 2016
    I second @ceclarlinetlo! between the confines of your couch/bed and the extra worry, you ladies are SO incredibly strong and your babies will be very proud to have you as their mamas.
  • Hoping you ladies on bed rest are hanging in there! I'm not on bed rest "per se" but I'm not supposed to be doing anything lol. I've been taken off work, luckily i can work from home to keep busy and not have to start leave yet, and no activity. It's getting pretty boring but I'm hoping to keep these ladies in as long as possible! Had my weekly NST today and I'm having mild contractions. Dr. Did a fetal fibernectin and that looked good, so no signs of preterm labor. As long as the pre e stays in check, I should be able to keep them in for at least a few more weeks. Fingers crossed!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlinke926 thats awesome that you can work from home. if nothing else, it'll help pass the time! hope everything stays nice and calm with the pre e!
  • Ugh. I just have to vent to my bedrest/limited activity ladies. Can we talk about how annoying it is when people say things like "I wish I could lay around all day" or "I could never lay around all day"?! Seriously? Just shut up. You have no idea. My best friend text me that she would never be able to sit around all day because she has things to do... because I have a choice?
  • @christac1010 That is so not cool. You should tell her "then come do some things for me since I can't." 

Just catching up with this thread and thirding what @ceclarlinetlo said, everyone here is doing an amazing job keeping your LOs safe. Rooting for you all that everyone's babies stay put, cervixes stay closed, and you all get some relief from the contractions.
  • My best friend text me that she would never be able to sit around all day because she has things to do... because I have a choice?
    Your best friend??  Ugh, that stinks.
    I can sort of understand people who aren't as close to you saying silly things like they have, probably (hopefully) more because they don't know exactly what to say that is helpful and the wrong thing comes out :/
    Just know you have support here!  You guys are doing a great job!  Keeeeep cooking.
  • @christac1010 I can't believe anyone would say that to you. I would not hold back my anger if anyone said anything similar to me. Things to do? Yes, we all have things to do. Bedrest doesn't come with a bedrest fairy to do all of the work, unfortunately. Somehow, giving my baby the best chance at being born without preterm-related disabilities seems slightly more important than the laundry. 
  • johnnydrojohnnydro member
    edited November 2016
    Hi Ladies, Wow you are all some of the strongest women I know along with My wife :-)  Congratulations @Briala !!!!!  No bedrest for wifey yet but she has had some cramping which goes away when she sits down.. could be BH?  out little guy is getting bigger and bigger so not much room for him to move around now ;-)  We are at 30w6d
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies, I'm joining the bedrest group as of yesterday. I went to the dr because of cramping, pelvic pain and back pain yesterday. After an exam in which the dr could feel the baby's head, I'm at 2 for cervical length. I'm following up with the perinatologist today. I'm 29.5 weeks and they told me I'll be walking on eggshells for the next 5 weeks. I'm a teacher so I won't be working from home. What are you ladies doing to keep sane? My mom is taking my 18 month old so that I can rest, although I think I may start spending days at her house so I'm not alone and bored. Share your helpful tips to stay occupied please!!
  • I'm sorry, @krissycole510!  I'm not in the bedrest group, but I was/am a K teacher and can imagine trying to sit still for very long will be difficult, especially worrying about your class.  I think going to your mom's some sounds like a good idea; at least there will be action!
  • @krissycole510 are you dilated or showing signs of labor? 2cm cervical length at 30 weeks is otherwise fine. the good news about your situation is you're already at 29.5. baby would need nicu time but would likely be just fine :) bedrest is no fun. but it gets easier. i do a lot of reading, educational stuff, picture organizing, learning how to use lightroom for picture editing, blogging, planning (budget, next possible vacation, really anything). i watch some tv at night when my contractions are typically worse and i can't do much at all, just lay on my side. 
  • @krissycole510 Sorry you have to join our unfortunate little club. The good news is that bedrest seems to be helping most of us hang in there (I started contracting at 30 weeks with a shortened cervix and I'm up to 33 weeks now). Plus we're all here for each other and we understand how hard it is to be on bedrest. 

Like @Litzi said, you find hobbies to pass the time. I downloaded some puzzle apps on my phone to keep myself busy and hopefully stop my brain from turning to mush. I do watch TV and nap because I'm just so tired as this pregnancy progresses. I think going to your mom's house would be a good way to pass the time as long as you lay down and relax. The most important thing for me is to remember why I'm doing this - it's all for LO. Some days are really hard though. I just know it's all for him to keep growing. 
  • Im 1-2 cm dilated and having Braxton hicks and cramping. They did a swab test yesterday to see if I have proteins that would indicate early labor. I'm waiting on the results today
  • krissycole510 good luck with the test! is it the ffn? even if its positive it doesn't mean you'll go into labor soon. but a negative would be nice!
  • Good news. The test came back negative. They have me on modified bed rest now until my next appointment on December 1st. She told me no work but that she wants me to move around a little more so they can see if that changes my cervix or dilation
  • As of today, I'm joining the bed rest group. At 31 weeks, I've been diagnosed with preeclampsia. My doctor is pretty confident I'll be able to make it to 37 weeks before inducing, but only if I keep my BP down.
    I'm a housewife, which means my sweet husband is having to take up all the chores that I usually do during the day, plus some deep cleaning I meant to get done before my in-laws come up for Christmas, but he's being a real sweetheart about it.
     He brought yarn home today so I can crochet and feel like I'm achieving something other than burning through Netflix for the next 6 weeks. 
    Tomorrow we are going to have Thanksgiving with my SIL family (she lives close by and I will be sitting the whole time and checking my BP while I'm there) and that will be my final outing other than my weekly doctor appointments. I'm already going stir crazy....
  • Kimberlyh90Kimberlyh90 member
    edited December 2016
    Joining the bed rest group today, at 36 weeks. Diagnosed with mild pre-eclampsia. Not as worried since we are later, but not excited to spend the next month laying around. 
  • Kimberlyh90 bummer, sorry to hear it. thats good its mild and you're at 36 weeks! are they saying strict bedrest or just modified, to take it easy?
  • @Litzi I think it's modified? I can lay down or sit in my recliner. I am allowed to shower each day, but I have to wear compression socks the other 23.5 hours, but that's basically it for me! I go in Friday for more monitoring and Tuesday to meet with my OBGYN 
  • @Kimberlyh90 I'm sorry that you have to be on bedrest! Hope you have some good movies and books lined up to pass the time!
  • Kimberlyh90 ugh, no fun. i spent a lot of time reading books/ series like pp said. the time will fly by!
  • @Litzi Thanks! And luckily it's only a few weeks with lots of appointments mixed in. I have been reading the Game of Thrones books and catching up on Netflix. At least they are letting me stay home and now have to stay in the hospital.
  • just wanted to say I hope you ladies are doing well and taking good care of yourselves!!! I know bedrest can be boring. :(  Hopefully you find a good way to pass the time!

• Hi all! I just wanted to check in and see if anyone is left on bedrest besides me and how things are going?

How was your christmas/holidays? What are your plans for labor: induction, scheduled c-section, or just waiting to happen naturally?