July 2017 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• mrscate88 said:
    @satsumasandlemons That is pretty funny that people got so offended. I had several team green friends last time around and I absolutely ADMIRED them! I lived vicariously through their adventure. Why are people so silly?? Get some grey stuff, some diapers, and a gift card. Voila! You don't NEED to know the sex to buy gifts for a baby. 
    Agreed. I feel like that's the first thing everyone asks when they find out I'm pregnant. MIL especially!

Them: "Do you know the sex???"
    Me: "Not yet"
    Them: "Are you going to find out? When will you know? Do you want a boy or a girl?"
    Me: "Yes, we'll most likely find out when it's time. No I don't have a preference"
    Them: "You can find out early, you know!"
    Me: "No that's alright, I can wait a few weeks"
    Them: "Do you have names picked out??"
    Me: "Not yet" (Secretly, we do but hell if I'm having that conversation. No thank you.)

Sheesh, lay the fuck off people! How can you be so eager and impatient over someone else's pregnancy? It's really uncomfortable at times. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @mrscate88 , yeah, right?? I honestly couldn't understand. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sassenach1743 totally gave me flashbacks - would it be evil if we just SAID we were Team Green this time around just to avoid that inevitable conversation? 
  • @supermom83 your post made me both really happy and really sad because while I also love American Dad and Bob's Burgers, I'm also a die-hard Grey's Anatomy fan :-/  If it makes it any better, we're watching Bob's burgers right now
    @Sassenach1743 H and I LOVE the Bourbon song! I think the real name is "spirits of christmas" or something?  We played it along with the other holiday music playing while we decorated our tree this year lol  My favorite line is "get more lit than a tree!" 

@cait32 I think you mentioned the july 2016 hdbd on another thread because I totally checked it out after seeing your post and I got all the feels! My sister had her first baby actually on the day my baby is due and he was really like the perfect age for "first christmas" type things... his stranger anxiety wasn't in full effect yet so he could be passed around to family members without issue and he had enough personality to laugh and play. Plus he was super cuddly!  I'm really looking forward to this time next year (and, of course, everything in between).

My confession is that my husband brought home snacks including string cheese, which I didn't even ask for but was apparently exactly what I wanted because I've already eaten two (plus half of his) and I want more...  I also made us get Taco Bell for lunch and then came home and had mac n cheese. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• mrscate88 said:
    @satsumasandlemons That is pretty funny that people got so offended. I had several team green friends last time around and I absolutely ADMIRED them! I lived vicariously through their adventure. Why are people so silly?? Get some grey stuff, some diapers, and a gift card. Voila! You don't NEED to know the sex to buy gifts for a baby. 
    Agreed. I feel like that's the first thing everyone asks when they find out I'm pregnant. MIL especially!

Them: "Do you know the sex???"
    Me: "Not yet"
    Them: "Are you going to find out? When will you know? Do you want a boy or a girl?"
    Me: "Yes, we'll most likely find out when it's time. No I don't have a preference"
    Them: "You can find out early, you know!"
    Me: "No that's alright, I can wait a few weeks"
    Them: "Do you have names picked out??"
    Me: "Not yet" (Secretly, we do but hell if I'm having that conversation. No thank you.)

Sheesh, lay the fuck off people! How can you be so eager and impatient over someone else's pregnancy? It's really uncomfortable at times. 
    And always with the "do you want a boy or girl?" *insert eye roll* 

It doesn't bother me if people do want one sex or the other, because ultimately I know that we all really only hope for a healthy baby, and perhaps imagine things going a certain way for one reason or another.

But to hound me about it as if something is wrong with me for not having a preference...that gets old.

I already have a daughter, so I bet you can guess what everyone is saying to me about the sex...Do you want a boy now so you have one of each?? 

Why yes, I MUST have one of each! Haha
  • @mrscate88, before I was pregnant (months ago), MIL made some comment about how she hopes we have a boy someday because she wants him to be just like DH *major eye roll*, because yes he ought to be exactly like him.

He's her only son, and her obvious favorite, her relationship with SIL is terrible. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @supermom83 and @manillabar, "hey Bourbon, take me home!"

Behind Bob's Burgers - The Spirits of Christmas
    https://youtu.be/Lud3bgEJeTg

*the 360 degree spin is fantastic for animation! 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @caribbeanmama don't feel bad. With my stepson who we get 3 of 4 weekends and holidays, it is still awkward sometimes. People ask me how many kids I have and I don't know to say 2 or 3 and if I say three do I need to qualify it and say my stepson is a stepchild? Do I embarrass him more that way or is he upset I don't acknowledge his mother? 

When we are out together people assume I am his mom and say so (I.e. Cashier saying he needs to help his mom with groceries, stranger saying how he looks like me or how he is almost as tall as his mom) and I am not sure to not say anything or correct them. I think correcting them would be embarrassing for him but I don't want him to feel awkward about it. He laughed in the car after it once, and i did too and tried to explain it as best I could but I still don't know exactly how he feels. He is in that awkward phase where the more you try to talk about sensitive things the more he gets uncomfortable. 
  • Ugh re team green, I've barely told anyone and we haven't really decided whether we will be team green (we have till 20 week scan to decide) but I have always been a bit of a tomboy and a feminist and my SIL said oh no your not going to be one of those "I don't want your gender stereotypes" parents are you?
    Yes actually I probably will be which shouldn't come as a surprise. 

Also my FIL rubbed my belly when I hugged him goodbye when we left after Christmas. I'm not sure I'll mind so much once I actually have a proper bump but at this stage it's all Christmas cake! 
  • @supermom83 I watch those shows too! Not all of them, but especially Family Guy and Futurama. I have Netflix and when I'm being lazy or want a nap, I put them on all the time. I've seen the episodes waaaay to many times. 

@ashaw512 I ate four bowls of soup yesterday, and have eaten three bagels with hummus every day for the last three days. I guess I'll find out on Wednesday if I'm gaining to much weight and need to stop lol. ( I weigh myself once per week, and Wednesday is my ticker change day)

@Cait32  I did it, I went down the rabbit hole, and it was ADORABLE

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • ljd2010ljd2010 member
    edited December 2016
    @Sassenach1743 Ugh. Sounds like your MIL will be one of those people (like my ILs) who seem to forget that their grandchild only has 50% of their son's genes. If I had a dollar for every, "he's all <their last name>" or "there are my boys!" I'd be rich. 
    ETA tag
  • Nellin said:
    Ugh re team green, I've barely told anyone and we haven't really decided whether we will be team green (we have till 20 week scan to decide) but I have always been a bit of a tomboy and a feminist and my SIL said oh no your not going to be one of those "I don't want your gender stereotypes" parents are you?
    Yes actually I probably will be which shouldn't come as a surprise. 
    Yep, I got that too, but being team green helped shut that conversation down easily.
    Also: My daughter turned out to be the girliest, frilliest, princess-y-ist so now it's all a balancing act and making sure I continue to expose her to everything else and to find the feminism in princesses (it was hard for this tomboy to do). 
  • edited December 2016
    ljd2010 said:
    @Sassenach1743 Ugh. Sounds like your MIL will be one of those people (like my ILs) who seem to forget that their grandchild only has 50% of their son's genes. If I had a dollar for every, "he's all <their last name>" or "there are my boys!" I'd be rich. 
    ETA tag
    OMG YES! This is my MIL too. It pisses me off so much. It's like my genes and family are completely disregarded. 

ETA. Damn autocorrect. 
  • @ktewart Haha, I totally thought Man Crush Monday, too! But I agree with you on the MLMs, @satsumasandlemons!

@kerils I know it's definitely a no-no for many, but I agree on the belly touching! When we told family over the holidays, so many were touching my belly (bump-free, and all). Honestly, I think if people are that excited that I'm growing a tiny human, then touch away!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• edited December 2016
    @virginiaunicorn11 speaking for myself only, its all about context and what the underlying assumptions being made are. I wouldn't get upset with repeated questions of "was it planned?" because we were very vocally one and done for years and I know I'm just not a very "mom" type of person. But with baby's sex or gender, I feel like people come in to the conversation with their own preferences and aren't as satisfied with a simple "I'm fine with either." Re: gender, it often feels like I have to defend my parenting choices and preferences before the baby is even here. 

Everyone is different but those are my two areas where I get annoyed. 
  • @RunRestRepeat I really thought I was the only one. I'm going to have a showing tummy tomorrow for the first with the grandparents and great grandparents and I'm sure its going to be like a touch-a-thon over here. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @supermom83 I love cartoons!  Futurama, Simpsons, older seasons of Family Guy, Disney/Pixar movies, old school Batman and X-Men cartoons.  I used to watch anime too like Inuyasha, Bleach, and Cowboy Bebop.  Actually I could really use a good anime right now to binge on Netflix. 

My confession: earlier this week, we were cleaning up after dinner. DH was in a mood and got cranky because "there were too many chores."  I temporarily doubted his ability to deal when the baby comes.  I know he's going to be great because he always steps up when needed. I feel bad for doubting him for five kinutes. 
  • Mine is why does the sex of a baby really matter???? I'm taking because my family and friends have ALL said his baby has to be a girl because I already have a boy and girl love is so different and special and blah blah fucking blah!!!! IDGAF what you want or demand of this child. I could have a boy or girl and I would care and treat them the EXACT SAME!!! So tell me how much I'm going to miss it if this baby is another boy???? Really, please because I'm not buying it!!! I am almost willingly his child to be a boy because of how insane everyone has been surrounding this baby. My mom mentions it nonstop, that she has too many grandsons. Um, what?? Should I feel bad for you?? 
  • So is this a FFFC/ UO combo thread ? Or do I get to start a separate UO thread lol
  • Here's mine for today. I HATE when people try to force you to be team green because that's what they want for themselves. That's a decision for my DH and I to make on our own. And no we will not accommodate your wishes. If you don't want to know what we're having, de-friend us from FB and don't talk to us until July because I'll be damned if I have restrictions put on me about what I can and can not discuss about the child I am carrying. The only person with the authority to make that decision with me is my DH. I'm looking at you MIL!
    We are the opposite. DH and I don't want to find out but MIL won't stop nagging us about finding out the gender. She even thinks we are going to allow her to come to our anatomy ultrasound. Umm, no! I don't care that she wants to know what we are having, we want it to be a surprise. 
  • @supermom83 your post made me both really happy and really sad because while I also love American Dad and Bob's Burgers, I'm also a die-hard Grey's Anatomy fan :-/  If it makes it any better, we're watching Bob's burgers right now
    @Sassenach1743 H and I LOVE the Bourbon song! I think the real name is "spirits of christmas" or something?  We played it along with the other holiday music playing while we decorated our tree this year lol  My favorite line is "get more lit than a tree!" 

@cait32 I think you mentioned the july 2016 hdbd on another thread because I totally checked it out after seeing your post and I got all the feels! My sister had her first baby actually on the day my baby is due and he was really like the perfect age for "first christmas" type things... his stranger anxiety wasn't in full effect yet so he could be passed around to family members without issue and he had enough personality to laugh and play. Plus he was super cuddly!  I'm really looking forward to this time next year (and, of course, everything in between).

My confession is that my husband brought home snacks including string cheese, which I didn't even ask for but was apparently exactly what I wanted because I've already eaten two (plus half of his) and I want more...  I also made us get Taco Bell for lunch and then came home and had mac n cheese. 
    I haven't had much of an appetite for weeks. I woke up Friday craving a crunch wrap supreme. I ordered that plus nachos and I wish I had also ordered another crunch wrap. I was in heaven the whole time I ate it. 
  • @mj8215 I think typically UO is on Thursday and FFFC is on Friday, but they haven't been done for a while! I'm looking forward to an UO next week!

@Poppyseed72017 Ahhhhh, I've been craving Taco Bell! I don't know why, but a bean burrito and a beef taco sound so good! I may have to go before the weekend is over.

Can I have a SFFC? If so, it's that I bought a bunch of cheeses for dinner tonight (cheese, salami, etc). I double checked that two of them were pasteurized, and realized when I got home that the third was not. I'm confessing that I might eat it anyway - all the European research says that hard cheeses (this is a gouda) are fine even unpasteurized because of the acidity in hard cheese and the aging time. I tried a sample in the store and it was SO good, I'm bummed about missing out!

• I told DH that I need to sleep and he needs to deal with our awake toddler (4:30 am). An hour later, I am in bed Bumping while he deals with toddler. Oops.

Comment:
    After one pregnancy and two BMBs, I have concluded that there is not one single thing that a person can ask about a pregnancy that won't piss someone off. Pregnant women are sensitive and opinionated - sorrynotsorry. I have a hard time relating to soooo many of the posts that are outraged at people's comments, but then when something does set me off, I usually get responses that some people have no issue with it ("was it planned?"). 

I think the only safe thing to say is "congratulations!" From there, it seems 75% certain that you will either not show sufficient excitement or you will be too excited. We pregnant folk are a tough crowd!

You're totally right, pregnant ladies are a tough crowd haha! I don't mind a lot of the typical baby talk because I know people are either trying to take an interest or share my excitement...And I find that sweet. But I will say that I'm that pregnant woman that does get sick of everyone telling me "this one better be a boy" because I already have a girl. It just gets old. I would LOVE to have a son, but I don't get to choose, so I'm just waiting patiently to hear a healthy baby is on it's way. 

But to be perfectly honest, I probably said every  annoying thing that you're not supposed to say to pregnant woman before I joined TB and got familiar with all of these comments that drive pregnant women crazy. I try to consider that too when people say thoughtless things, some people REALLY just don't know that a lot of pregnant women are sensitive to certain topics.
  • @RunRestRepeat Do it!! You'll be happy you did. I think I might go to Taco Bell again soon. 
  • RunRestRepeat I've heard that hard cheeses are much safer too. 
    If you are concerned you could always use it in cooking - Gouda makes a great grilled cheese sandwich! 
  • virginiaunicorn11 You are so right - we are very sensitive, and all about different things (blame the hormones?)

I'm sure I've said all the wrong things a million times and will probably continue to do so! :blush:
  • I looked long enough through the valentine's day candy aisle to realize there was some Easter candy mixed in. I bought a bag of mini cadbury eggs. I ate them in one sitting I haven't wanted anything sweet in weeks and these more than made up for it!
  • @ashaw512 that's nothing. I've been eating nothing but angel hair pasta with marinara, chicken nuggets and cookies and washing it down with sugary, calorie  rich strawberry milk. No guilt. No regrets. It's all I can stand.

@cssme13 Good, it can drive you mad. Let him handle the kids for a bit while you regain your sanity, after all, he is 50 percent responsible for making them. I did the same a couple weeks ago, only I just stormed out. Couldn't handle it, i was feeling so nauseaus, and had a cold. DH wanted sex, the baby was tired and needed to go to bed, so I just said said F it, I am done and locked myself in the bathroom and cried for half an hour, and I only have one! 
  • I looked long enough through the valentine's day candy aisle to realize there was some Easter candy mixed in. I bought a bag of mini cadbury eggs. I ate them in one sitting I haven't wanted anything sweet in weeks and these more than made up for it!
    There are mini cadbury eggs in store?! Those things are my favorite!!! If only I didn't already still have a ton of holiday candy around...

Also, you may want to change up your username - we can't tag you with spaces in the name! Same for you, Carson'sMommy - we can't tag you with the apostrophe! 

your post just reminded me that I also bought a small bag of the mini Cadbury eggs at cvs the other day and totally forgot to eat them! This will be my breakfast lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

There are mini cadbury eggs in store?! Those things are my favorite!!! If only I didn't already still have a ton of holiday candy around...

Also, you may want to change up your username - we can't tag you with spaces in the name! Same for you, Carson'sMommy - we can't tag you with the apostrophe! 
     I fixed it. Now I NEED cadbury chocolate. Preferably fruit and nut bar

Good to know! I'll try to figure out how

Good to know! I'll try to figure out how
    Go to the knot.com, go to account settings. It's easy to figure out from there
  • Cadbury mini-eggs are out? Those things are my crack.