Natural Birth

Winter/spring 2017 natural births

Hello! I have been poking around this board and it is pretty quiet. I am hoping to find some like minded ladies who are going for a natural birth. I am due April 3, 2017 with a boy. We are practicing hypnobirthing and are planning on a natural birth at the hospital. We are also planning on hiring a doula for labor support. I am also a first time mom. 

Anyone else out there want to share their natural birthing plans?
TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
Diagnosed PCOS February 2016
First cycle 50mg Clomid 5/3/16, O'd CD 19 BFN
Second cycle 50mg Clomid 6/1/16 O'd CD 18 BFN
Third cycle Clomid 6/29/16 O'd CD 16 BFP @11dpo!
EDD April 3 and praying things work out!

Re: Winter/spring 2017 natural births

• I'm delivering either at a birth center, or at home. Haven't decided yet. I have a few kinks to work out before I finalize my plans. Baby is due in February, so it's getting close. I very much would like to be able to deliver in the tub, but I know that unmedicated labor is pretty intense, and I'm keeping an open mind, knowing that I may not have everything go as planned. I'm excited :smile:
  • Yay, someone responded!  @momof2buggs I am very interested in the idea of birthing centers.  There is only one in my state and it does not take insurance.  Is yours covered by insurance?  Do you use a nurse midwife or certified midwife? 

My hospital has a jacuzzi tub room, unfortunately there is only one in the unit but I plan on using it for laboring.  I decided not to go with the water birth although the water birthing tub is amazing! I am planning on going as natural as possible but my doula and I are going to have a code word that means I want meds and then she will help facilitate this.  That way I don't get pushed into taking something I don't really want but will accept since I am in a vulnerable position.
    TTC since May 2015 with domestic partner of 13 years. Me 33 OH 33.  No ovulation or natural menstruation. Normal SA.
  • Loading the player...
  • No, they don't bill insurance. The midwives that run the birthing center are certified professional midwives. I feel very comfortable going this route. This is my 5th child, and my last 2 were completely drug-free deliveries, in a hospital, so I feel very comfortable this time around. Hospitals don't usually see many natural deliveries, and they're not really set up to support a woman who has chosen to go that route, which is why I chose midwives this time. I know that if I can have a drug free delivery in a hospital, without much support, I can definitely do it in a birth center, surrounded by my midwives and birth team, especially once I'm in the warm water. I'm very much looking forward to my labor this time. Good luck to you!! I hope your birth is everything you want it to be!
  • I'm hoping for (another) unmedicated hospital birth in June. DD is 3 and I had an unmedicated labor and delivery with her. I'm grateful that the experience was so wonderful. It pretty much went as I'd hoped. 

The tub was key for me. I spent about half of my time laboring in the tub. We will see this time, though. I have preferences but know those don't always pan out! Good luck!

• Due March 10 with my first! We have a doula and are taking Hypnobirthing classes. I'm planning an unmedicated delivery at a hospital. I want to labor as long as possible at home, although that's a bit of a roulette because some doctors in my practice let you do that and some don't, it's just the luck of who you get when you call in. Have a tub at home, and the hospital has showers in every l&d room. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshine507 sounds like we have similar plans. I want to labor at home as long as possible too, I only live 15 minutes from the hospital. 
  • I'm hoping for (another) unmedicated hospital birth in June. DD is 3 and I had an unmedicated labor and delivery with her. I'm grateful that the experience was so wonderful. It pretty much went as I'd hoped. 

The tub was key for me. I spent about half of my time laboring in the tub. We will see this time, though. I have preferences but know those don't always pan out! Good luck!

What advice do you have for a positive hospital natural birth experience?