July 2017 Moms

FFFC

are we not doing UO thursdays or FFFCs anymore? 

It is not a BMB unless these things happen! Bring them on! 

Re: FFFC

• 2nd: the biggest reason I don't support MCMs is because in most cases, I know exactly who's getting a cut of my money and while I love most people in that pyramid, there are a few on top who's politics and stances I absolutely do not agree with. Just following the money here... 
  • Loading the player...
  • I ate a giant platter of hospital sashimi at 2am last night. Really regretting it. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • This is a bitch, so throw me in bump jail if you must. 

We have had my stepson since Christmas and we agreed to tell him about the baby once we had the 20 week anatomy scan in case there were any issues or what not. Fast forward to last night, we are sitting down after dinner watching a tv show and the lady has an itty bitty baby, so I go in total mom fashion "aww look at her little baby"

my husband without giving me any warning looks at DSS and says "guess who is also having a baby, DCWTada!"

Cue DSS kinda looking at us and slapping his forehead saying "you guys are always having a new baby". Not the best reaction, could have been worse but I wanted to strangle my husband. 
  • @Dcwtada I don't know why anyone would flame you for being pissed off. That's not a light announcement. I would murder DH. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @Dcwtada did he even have a reason why he decided to go rogue and blurt it out??
  • Baby things I've bought myself before I was pregnant:

I have a brand new Vera Bradley diaper bag and matching changing pad clutch, that I bought on clearance a year ago, hidden in my closet.

I also bought an Ergo Organic baby carrier on my neighborhood BST app... it's also brand new and still in the box, only paid $50 for it. *It's a girly pink tulip print that I justify even if I have a boy, because technically I'll be the one wearing it, not the baby! 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @satsumasandlemons apparently he thought it was a good time to tell him. And it's also crazy because when I was pregnant with out first I was almost 7 months pregnant before he told DSS because he was so worried about his reaction, this time, let's blurt it out during "flip flopped" because there was a baby on the show. 

DSS adores his siblings but I was hoping a bit of a different method, DH said well we didn't want to make a big deal about it and now it's done. Real peach that one...

@Sassenach1743 our poor DS has a pink car seat at 1 1/2 and various girly themed things that I reused for him. He won't remember or care. I tell myself I will stop reusing his sisters stuff when he is older but if there is an emergency blow out or accident, I won't hesitate twice to put him in his sisters clothes - a diaper bag will be the least of "his" concerns ;) 
  • @Dcwtada no flaming from me - I would have been pissed!! 
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @Dcwtada no flaming here either, I would have been super pissed. 

@Sassenach1743 I'm worried about that with subsequent babies. This will be my first, but they use stuff for such a short period of time that it seems a waste to buy new stuff for every baby, and we're planning on having a large family. I'm sure if this is a boy, I'll be having girls in blue stuff all the time, and if this is a girl, well, I might have boys in some pink. They're babies. They'll never know :) 

So my FFFC. I went to a viewing tonight, and the only black that I had clean that I can wear was a tight knit dress, and the bump (12 weeks, 2 days) was out loud and proud. One woman did rub my belly, and it actually didn't bother me. I don't think it will. For whatever reason, I think it's kind of sweet, and if it makes them happy, then why not? I sort of feel like everyone just loves babies and the process, and it's there small way of being connected to the brand new life, and the "miracle" of it all. I know this really bothers most women though. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I ate a giant platter of hospital sashimi at 2am last night. Really regretting it. 
    Your frequent references to sushi have cost my family greatly because every time you mention it I HAVE to eat copious amounts of sushi that day or the next day. My wallet is not pleased! Lol 

I hope the reason you regretted it wasn't because you got sick from it! 
  • @Dcwtada I can't imagine anybody flaming you for feeling mad. He should have at least spoken to you about wanting to tell him earlier and not just blurt it out like that without taking your opinions and feelings into consideration. 
  • @dancegurl1118 a really good poke bowl place opened up near us and.... well.... i've probably had more than the recommended servings of salmon poke. no shame, it's just SO GOOD. 
  • For lunch I ate sushi and two lunchables. For dinner I ate three tacos. Someone stop me.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm tacos........
  • @supermom83 I LOVE American Dad! 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Cait32 said:
    I have another one...I spent an absurd amount of time yesterday reading the July 2016 BMB to see what July babies are doing right now. I just about cried looking at people's holiday photos. I was like "OMG THAT WILL BE MY LIFE NEXT YEAR!" I highly recommend going down the rabbit hole if you're a FTM and feel like you don't know what you're getting yourself into. It made me really excited (I'm sort of terrified of the newborn stage but looking forward to this time next year when are LOs have some personality).
    I am really excited about having a July baby for this reason! My first was a late September baby, and while I know it's only a difference of 2 months, a 4 month old is pretty different from having a 2 month old around holidays!

• @supermom83, no flames from me! Dh and I watch Bob's Burgers all the time... he just found a full video version of Mr. Fishoder performing "Oh Bourbon" from last year's Christmas show online, it's awesome. 

We also watch Archer, Family Guy and The Simpsons. *And I own a pink bunny ear hat that I wear on Halloween :D

Louise is my spirit anime
    Image result for louise bobs burgers

*Agree with you on shows like "This is Us" and "Grey's", Nope!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • 2nd: the biggest reason I don't support MCMs is because in most cases, I know exactly who's getting a cut of my money and while I love most people in that pyramid, there are a few on top who's politics and stances I absolutely do not agree with. Just following the money here... 
    Uhm this may be a stupid question: but what are MCMs?
    oh gosh. Oops. I meant MLM - Multi-level marketing companies like Young Living, those ugly leggings, shakes and workouts, etc. 
  • ktewart said:
    Hahaha, I was wondering the same thing as @caribbeanmama. I'm over here going, "...she hates man crush mondays?" Hahaha!
    That's what I thought, too! Makes soooooooo much more sense now!
  • supermom83supermom83 member
    edited December 2016
    @Sassenach1743 and @kghusker1003 Yay! So glad I found some fellow animation lovers! 

I love that you have those pink ears!! I need some in my life!! And DH and I are immediately going to try and find the video of Mr. Fishoder! I love love love that it's Kevin Kline. I love that guy! 

Edited for spelling
  • @ktewart  we are definitely going to have to do #MCM next Monday!! 
  • I'll start. I really want that Ms Wilson lady to just respond already. I'm so curious what her deal is. 
    Ha!  Strange that she didn't respond.

So on a related note:
    I still just can't believe how many were keeping post-it notes!  I totally would not have caught the username scrolling through!

My husband has an 18 year old daughter.  We are not close (not antagonistic just not close).  She lived 2.5 hours away so there was a shared agreement for every other weekend, holidays etc.  My husband and I have been married for 2 years.  In the late teen years she came to the house less and less per her choice, so I don't see her much.  She is here now for a couple days.  Anyways, this evening I asked my husband to get my shopping bags from the car and he comes in going on and on about how much I'm spoiling the baby (my 17 month old) - because of the purchases.  To this I respond, 'what do you expect, he's my only child!'  He quickly responds, 'No he's not!' - because his daughter is within earshot (not because I'm pregnant - we haven't told anyone as yet).  Whoops!!!!  It's not like she thinks of me as a mother figure or anything like that, but still, words... brain....filter...think....
  • Cait32 said:
    Lots of food related stuff today...

I ate two breakfasts of biscuits and gravy, and then I had four slices of pizza since lunch time (I ate the first around 1 and now it's 8, so at least it's been spaced out). I won't eat anything else because now my tummy hurts. I lost five pounds over my Christmas stomach bug, and now I'm hungry, but every time I eat I get stuffed fast. So at least my portions are small.
    Two breakfasts, I love it haha! 
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    edited December 2016
    @supermom83 I live Family Guy and Greys- what does that mean make me?! I also love The Mindy Project and we have rewatched The Office and Always Sunny in Philadelphia about 10x.

...and TB ate my entire post and I'm too lazy to rewrite it :neutral:

@satsumasandlemons totally agree with you on MLM and i knew what you meant!
    BabyFruit Ticker

oh gosh. Oops. I meant MLM - Multi-level marketing companies like Young Living, those ugly leggings, shakes and workouts, etc. 
    This made me laugh. I kinda guessed what you meant, but the comments  :D
  • @PurplePoppy424: I feel the exact same way on the other side! We are team green (we weren't with our first). It drives me crazy when people say "I have to know!" Umm...no you don't. It is our decision, nobody has to know! You can find out in July with everybody else! 

My FFFC: I have been binge watching Glee for the last 3 days. I never watched when it was on. Have gone through almost 30 episodes in 3 days. I have a problem. 
    I can't support them either, I just can't. The MLM concept, the amateur sales tactics, and the insanely pushy It Works girls have kinda ruined social media for me! I feel like I have to have a disclaimer not to pitch to me in my bio on every site haha. 
  • Here's mine for today. I HATE when people try to force you to be team green because that's what they want for themselves. That's a decision for my DH and I to make on our own. And no we will not accommodate your wishes. If you don't want to know what we're having, de-friend us from FB and don't talk to us until July because I'll be damned if I have restrictions put on me about what I can and can not discuss about the child I am carrying. The only person with the authority to make that decision with me is my DH. I'm looking at you MIL!
    We were Team Green last time and I found the opposite to be true for us: people were downright pissed we were Team Green! like, genuinely offended. They would complain about how they wouldn't know what to buy us, and for sure a few people just wanted to KNOW to work out their own issues. 

• Yeah. Honestly, I hate when people think they get a say at all. My MIL pulled the same garbage with DD. You'd think she'd have learned at this point to butt the hell out but apparently not. 
  • @satsumasandlemons That is pretty funny that people got so offended. I had several team green friends last time around and I absolutely ADMIRED them! I lived vicariously through their adventure. Why are people so silly?? Get some grey stuff, some diapers, and a gift card. Voila! You don't NEED to know the sex to buy gifts for a baby. 
  • I'm not an alcoholic, but we are at the bar with some friends and I am seriously missing my mixed drinks right now.  

Also being here as re as made me realized I hate people anymore. I just want to be in my bed. 
    In my bed with wine sounds wonderful! I miss my mixed drinks (and an occasional glass of wine) too.