April 2016 Moms
Options

How often do you change the sheets on your bed?

randilea0110randilea0110 member
edited December 2016 in April 2016 Moms
My husband says that I am a crazy clean freak for changing our bedding as often as I do. I'm just curious if I really am crazy or if he grew up in a house where filth was the name of the game like I suspect. My mother in law's house is disgusting by my standards, but maybe that is just because I grew up in a house where cleanliness was next to godliness? 

How often do you change the sheets on your bed? 29 votes

Once a week
24% 7 votes
Once every 2 weeks
48% 14 votes
Once a month
17% 5 votes
Other
10% 3 votes

Re: How often do you change the sheets on your bed?

• Options
    The only reason I do it every other week is because I remember to do it the day our cleaning lady comes. It was less frequent before we hired her a few years ago. With 4 little ones, I just don't have the time or energy for more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I change them once or twice a week, but it was less before I had dogs. My dogs jump on and off the foot of the bed and we quickly accumulate dog hair. Before that, it was more like every 2 weeks. 
    Baby's bedding is changed weekly bc he's a drooly mess!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish that we changed them weekly, but I'm tired and pregnant so it's been every two weeks lately. DH loves fresh sheets so he's usually the one who suggests that it might be time for a change (he almost always changes them himself or helps me do it). 
  • Options
    I change them once every two weeks and possibly more in the summer. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I should add that I change ours weekly. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and they all shed like crazy. DD drools on everything all the time, and has a runny nose more often than not so hers go in with ours every week. I can't stand going to bed feeling fur or grit in the sheets, but I've always changed them once a week. I grew up getting clean sheets once a week where as DH thinks that they only need changed once a month if that. Thanks to you ladies he now agrees that his parents just aren't all that clean and that he may possibly be wrong on this one. :smile:
  • Options
    Like once a month but only because we have really weird "comforters" in Norway. They basically look like this: https://jonsguide.org/best-top-dreamfit-sheets-reviews/ 
    Ours are probably the size of a queen size quilt when put next to each other, and it's super annoying to have to put a damn case on those. I hate doing it -_-. I know I can get normal sheets, but those are pretty nice at night.
    Also we shower before bed as opposed to in the morning, so they shouldn't be that dirty to begin with.

Pregnancy Ticker