Baby Names

Areola

My husband and I were out to lunch and there was a lady who had a baby girl and she had named her Areola. So I don't know if it's just me or not but I am not sure if I would have picked that as a name. I'm all for different / less common names if that's what people prefer but that just seems a little much to me. Am I the only one?
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Areola

• This sounds a lot like those " I totally have a student named La-a, can you believe it? " stories. 
  • @Bringmemylongswordho

I am being serious. My husband and I were both surprised when the lady told us the name of her baby. I am just wondering if other think it's a bit much like I do. I am not super active on this board, I am active mostly on my BMB and TTGP board before that but I do lurk on this one from time to time and comment here occasionally too.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just... enh. Are you sure it wasn't Aurelia?

I have a hard time believing anyone with stories like this, nothing personal.
    @Bringmemylongswordho

Yes I am sure. We even repeated the name back to her and she confirmed it by saying "yupp just like the skin by the nipple". She said it was pretty and unique and no one else would have that name when she was older.

To the bold: no worries. I just wanted to confirm that I am not a troll or anything like that.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I've seen it spelled Arjola
  • Well, yikes 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • That's my cousins last name hahah I wouldn't make that a name as my SILS are all perverted and would make fun of it lol but I guess if you want to be really out there sure. I mean, my name is Andromeda but at least it's not a body part lol

• Wow, just wow.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I just... enh. Are you sure it wasn't Aurelia?

I have a hard time believing anyone with stories like this, nothing personal.
    @Bringmemylongswordho

Yes I am sure. We even repeated the name back to her and she confirmed it by saying "yupp just like the skin by the nipple". She said it was pretty and unique and no one else would have that name when she was older.

To the bold: no worries. I just wanted to confirm that I am not a troll or anything like that.
    She's not a troll! I know @SaphireSweetie88

***waves HI***

That is strange...and not at all 'pretty or unique'. Poor kid. 
  • Why would you name your child a name that she would be made fun of. SMH 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know, that's too much. I feel like maybe the mom was pulling your leg somehow. I can hope anyway... 
  • OP is an active non-troll on my BMB. I was having the "MUD" response til I saw it was her posting it. Now...wow. Yikes!!
    @virginiaunicorn11 - Thanks!
    LoveLee85 said:
    (snipped)
    She's not a troll! I know @SaphireSweetie88

***waves HI***

That is strange...and not at all 'pretty or unique'. Poor kid. 
    @LoveLee85 - Thanks and **waves hi**
    Why would you name your child a name that she would be made fun of. SMH 
    @BabySunshine4 - Right! DH and I were joking in the car afterwards that a name like that is almost asking her to be a stripper. 
    AlyLynn07 said:
    I don't know, that's too much. I feel like maybe the mom was pulling your leg somehow. I can hope anyway... 
    @AlyLynn07 - I hope so but I doubt it.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• you need to try a lot harder
  • you need to try a lot harder
    @magsugar13  Not sure what this is supposed to mean???
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• My brain just keeps saying ...."like the boob part?"
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • I also know someone with this last name
  • PhillymommaX2PhillymommaX2 member
    edited December 2016
    My husband works with an Areola, although I'm not sure how it's spelled but it's definitely pronounced Areola. She's in her 30's and I think she's from India so maybe a cultural name?
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• My husband works with an Areola, although I'm not sure how it's spelled but it's definitely pronounced Areola. She's in her 30's and I think she's from India so maybe a cultural name?
    @PhillymommaX2

It could be cultural I didn't think of that. Just thought it was.... strange.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I remember once I was eating lunch and they called out an order for Areola. I thought it had to be a joke. I had posted it on Facebook and someone said she knew a woman named Eriola which sounded very similar when said aloud. But yeah. I just think of boob.