August 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ check in 12/9

2»

Re: STM+ check in 12/9

• Options
    @morgy_bee One suggestion would be to start pumping in the hospital either tandem or immediately after BF your new LO.  My LC suggested I did this with my 2nd since I had supply issues/pumps issues with my first.  It helped me. :)

@EmyB30 Mine are out.  I manged to not go to school in them yet.  I teach am we're on break till January, so I'll be rocking the panel then.

@aehogan90 No advice from the Mom POV, but my sister and I have a similar age gap and we're best friends.  We were very close growing up, had the same friends, and took the same electives in high school.

1. How many kiddos do you have?
    2 Little girls

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far?
    So far, symptoms are the same (vomiting, nausea, food aversions).

3. Any upcoming appointments?
    Dating ultrasound on the 21st.

4. Rants/Raves
    It's all good

5. Questions

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react?
    We've told the girls.  We're letting our oldest, DD R (she'll be 4 in January) tell her grandparents on Christmas.  She's excited for that part, but she remembers me pregnant with her sister and knows it's going to be a while before there's a baby.  While shopping this weekend, she did tell DH that she missed Mommy, C, and baby and wanted to go home.  DD C will say baby and pat or kiss my belly, but she's a little too young to really understand.

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I have five kids. Our oldest two are boys (10 & 8) followed by three little girls (5, 3, & 17 months)

Too early to tell at this point.  

I haven't called to make any yet.

4. Rants/Raves
    I am so excited that I was able to get pregnant while still breastfeeding my 17 month old.

5. Questions

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? 
    I haven't even told DH yet...that's going to be a big Christmas day surprise! <3 The kids are going to be thrilled because they have already been talking about us having one more baby. I am just not sure when we will tell them.
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Also, I am open to suggestions for cute ways to share the big news with DH on Christmas morning :smile:
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How about a stocking full of things for the new baby with the test at the bottom?
  • Options
    @isaccsrib2005 my husband actually wants 8 kids! We're on our third pregnancy. What type of vehicle(s) have worked best for your family?
  • Options
    PeachyTeachyPeachyTeachy member
    edited December 2016
    How about a stocking full of things for the new baby with the test at the bottom?
    @Bountifulbride I love this idea, but skip the test.  An "I'm pregnant!" note or picture of the test would work just as well.

ETA:  With our first I told DH by giving with a story book with a note inside, "Daddy, will you read me this when I grow my ears?".

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Options
    morgy_bee said:
    Alright veteran mommas! It's time to check in!! 

1. How many kiddos do you have? One 3.5 year old boy

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I don't know that it is? 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Blood work at RE tomorrow, firs time OB Jan 16

4. Rants/Raves
    Extraordinarily happy to be here after 18 mos of trying!

5. Questions

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? -Waiting quite a while to tell my little guy. He wont be able to wait 9 months for sure!!

My little boy: 3/8/13
    Baby #2 due 8/17/17 
  • Options
    @Rgriffin91We currently have a ford Excursion. It seats 8 and has lots of room for stuff. I live in Montana where 4wd is necessary. With this baby we are graduating to a 15 seater van with the back seat removed. Plenty of room for everyone and stuff!
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? 5

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I found out much earlier than with my others because my cycles have been off. I thought I was heading for early menopause.

3. Any upcoming appointments? I have my first on Friday. Wil be 6w4d. I'm excited and feeling stressed. 

4. Rants/Raves I am super excited and feeling nervous all at once. Cannot wait for February to be here. 

5. Questions

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? We are not sure how we are going to tell them yet.  Hubby wants to tell them on Christmas but I'm thinking Valentine's Day may be better. 
  • Options
    1 son (10 months old)
    1 Step Son (12 years old)

So far they haven't been too different.

Not yet, insurance is changing so I have to wait. :( 

4. Rants/Raves
    Why does my house always seem messier when I am pregnant!!?? LOL 

5. Questions
    Any 2 under 2 advice? I'm very excited about this pregnancy. I always wanted my kids close in age however I did not expect to feel guilty about it. I almost feel like I'm taking myself away from my DS! 

My 10 month old won't know what's going on for a while but my step son we plan on telling him around Christmas eve. I know he is going to be super happy he keeps telling us to have a lot of kids so he can have lots of brothers to play with. He's been an only child for a long time haha

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? Just one
    DS will be 6 next month 

DS was perfectly normal,  no sickness or issues
    second was a M/C at 6w5d. So I'm just hoping this one sticks

Had an U/S today 12/14 next appt is 1/3

4. Rants/Raves
    baby has a heartbeat! So that's the best news so far

5. Questions
    When does morning sickness kick in for you are going to get it. I never had it with DS

I haven't told him yet. He wants to be a big brother so badly I don't want to get his hopes up if we lose this one.
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? 2 (DS 6, DD 3)

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I'm not hungry most of the day. I get hungry afternoon or night, but even then if I eat dinner I'm ok.  It's really weird.

3. Any upcoming appointments? Jan.9 for dating u/s and check up.

4. Rants/Raves Eh, nothing at this point. Just ready for Christmas break. DD had her tonsils and adenoids out yesterday so I feel like I have a newborn again waking her every three hours for meds.

5. Questions - Can I nap yet?

We're going to tell the kids when we give them shirts to wear for a photo we're taking for Christmas.  I think they're going to be excited.  They've been taking about wanting a sibling a lot lately.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Two beautiful babies from a previous marriage.
    DS: 8.6.10               DD: 2.19.13

DH: 29    ME: 33
    DH: Low Morphology
    ME: PCOS

Surprise BFP five days before our IUI consult! 
    Overjoyed and thankful.

• Options
    1 daughter 14 months
    Wanting Mexican this time and couldn't get near it with my daughter
    I am seen every 1-2 weeks because I am high risk 
    4. Rants/Raves

5. Questions
    Anyone else have advice for 2 kids under 2? I'm super nervous as my husband works 12-14 hours a day 5-6 days a week so it's mostly me
    She's too young to really get it but we want to keep talking and preparing her
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? 1 

With DS I craved meat and was never sick. This pregnancy may have me being a vegetarian and I spent all day Sunday puking my guts up! So far, those are the only differences.. it's still early though! 

Not yet.. we're getting new insurance so I have to make sure the new office I want to go to takes our insurance. 

4. Rants/Raves
    I LOVE being pregnant. My first pregnancy was a breeze, so I'm hoping this one is too. Rant: it is hard being exhausted from pregnancy, working (thankfully I only work part time), taking care of a toddler, and finishing online classes!

5. Questions
    Anyone else keep taking pregnancy tests just for the reassurance? With my first I did it pretty much all throughout my first trimester.. I also had a bunch of extra tests.. 

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? I told my DS but he is only 13 months and has no clue what I'm talking about
  • Options
    1. one DS , age 1 (dec 15)
    2. Well it's still very early for me, and last pregnancy I suffered from severe HG throughout :( I'm hoping that this will be an easy one! 
    3. Not yet... I'm only 4w4d
    4.rants/raves nothing yet! I'm a little overloaded with work, as I have 3 jobs and one adorable and hyperactive one year old! Although I absolutely love all my jobs (product photographer in the morning, high school English and chemistryteacher in the afternoon, and freelance graphic designer at night! ) I an going to have to give something up in order to survive this pregnancy :(
    5. No questions yet! 
    6.I found out from a blood test,I had been extremely nauseous the past 4 months, and I finally got myself to the Dr! I know it sounds like I should have known I was pregnant, but it had been going on for 4 months when I was obviously not pregnant, and even if I was, it was too early for symptoms. So I got the call from the Dr and I came home and told my husband,I went through all the tests: h. Pylori-negative, celiac- negative, cbc-normal, etc then I said "but I did test positive on one test" and he said "which one? " (he looked all worried) "HCG" (confused look) "I'm pregnant" huge smile! 
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? 1. An awesome 14 month old daughter :)

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so Far? I am nauseous mostly at night. With my first, I was puking all day long until week 22. It is still early, but hope MS is not as bad this time around.

I have a dating US in 3 hours!

4. Rants/Raves. Hubs and I weren't preventing pregnancy, but weren't trying. I feel so blessed to be expecting, but because we didn't have to wait, I'm so paranoid that something will go wrong. 

5. Questions. Anyone know if diclegis expires? I will probably call the pharmacy and ask. I found a bottle from my previous pregnancy at home.

she is too little now, but I will probably start reading her books when she is a bit older.
  • Options
    1. How many kiddos do you have? 1 - 3yr old boy

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I'm getting much more morning sickness. Pretty much all day off and on. With my first, it would hit me at night only. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? I have a confirmation on Thursday then my first U/S on the 28th. 

4. Rants/Raves - I feel like it's much harder to be pregnant with another kiddo around

5. Questions - None right now ;)

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? We just told him, at this age he forgets so it's like telling him all over again each time lol He does tell us he wants a sister, so I'll work on that. ;)
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? One DS - he's 4.

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I was not 'high risk' with my last, that is the only difference. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? I have an U/S scheduled for 12/27, and an OB visit on 12/29

4. Rants/Raves - I am not ready to tell family because of the losses, and I am not sure how to avoid the subject of why I'm not drinking at Christmas. They are so intrusive! 

5. Questions - I just posted one on another thread :)

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? I CAN'T WAIT to tell him! He has been asking for a sibling for so long! I can't do it until we're ready to tell the family because he will tell EVERYONE. 
    Doting wife.
    Mama to a 4 year old son.
    Big dreamer. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. How many kiddos do you have? One 3yr old DD

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? I don't believe I'm pregnant yet. Other then being a bit tired, sore boobs, super bloated and no period and feeling foggy now and then I'm not passing out and throwing up like the first. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Need to plan the first now

4. Rants/Raves n/a

5. Questions.

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? My daughter has been telling us for months that her baby sister was coming soon and recently that baby sister and brother were coming together! We haven't told her that one of the other is true yet lol 
  • Options
    lmyrmolmyrmo member
    edited December 2016
    1. How many kids do you have? 6: g1,b4,g8,b11,g12,b14

2.how is this pregnany different than your others? Too soon to say. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? 1st u/s Jan 10th

4. Rants/Raves? Just annoyed about scheduling things at work, but it may just because I am more irritable and stressed right now.

5. Questions? Can I just hold of on telling anyone about the pregnancy until after the birth? ;)

6. GTKY: How did/are you going to tell your other children. If you have already told them, how did they react? Probably tell them after the u/s. Not sure yet. 
  • Options
    1.How many kiddos do you have? 
    We have a 3 year old boy

I felt great with my first, other than being super tired. This time around I feel extremely tired, and morning sickness has been a cruel mf. 

I have an appt next Friday for an ultrasound 

4. Rants/Raves
    My hormones are already out of control, and I've turned into a ranting, raving beotch. I've just been keeping my mouth shut as much as possible. 
    5. Questions
    Ugh, when will this sickness end…??? Ahh!

Ds ds doesn't really understand the whole thing, but we just keep talking to him about it randomly and sprinkling it into conversations. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @isaccsrib2005 @imyrmo good for you two! I hope to have a big family one day too! I'm one of six, and DH is one of seven. Good luck!