June 2017 Moms

FFFC time!!

Not necessarily garunteed to be flame free. Especially after all the excitement we had this week. 

Just don't get yourselves banned, ladies!!

Re: FFFC time!!

• I hate the abbreviations used on here. I just type all the words out. Hated them when I was in October 15 too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @swanbrooner I can't stand that either!!! In any situation...

My FFFC is very tame, but I work from home and have a lot of family here...I plan on doing the bare minimum to get through the day. 

• My daycare is closed today and so is DH's office, and I didn't have much going on yesterday afternoon, so I was like i'll "work" from home today and then take a half day because we need to pack for an early morning flight tomorrow.  And then my boss's boss called me at 7am, the second I signed on, with 3 different fire drill scenarios that needed to be dealt with immediately, and my boss is on PTO this week.  Sigh.

I may have told him that these fire drills would take longer than they actually did, because I spent an hour with DD this morning opening gifts (Santa had to come for her last night since we'll be gone starting tomorrow).

As a result, I have done zero packing for myself of DD for a week away.  I did recently start the laundry so I guess that's good?  Tonight is going to be stressful.  Especially since I didn't do my morning workout in favor of an extra hour of sleep.  Need to fit that in too.  Ugh.

• @namelessaria your SIL...sounds like THE WORST.  Ugh.

I don't know anything about the Leacho pregnancy pillow, but I will post a shout out to the Leacho Infant Lounger pillow.  it is like $60+ compared to the Boppy Lounger at half the price, but it's the best thing we owned when DD was small.  And it is adjustable and deep enough that she couldn't figure out how to roll out of it for 8 months.  That Boppy Lounger didn't even last 3 - as soon as she was rolling back to belly, it was over.  Highly recommend Leacho Infant Lounger for registry purposes...we're considering getting a second one so we'll have one on each floor now that we'll be spending more time upstairs (we have a reno project going on where we are creating a bonus/playroom up there, and DD's big girl bedroom will be up there as well).

• HgPaHgPa member
    edited December 2016
    @kassyfry Yes! I feel like I'm texting with 13 year olds and I have to keep checking Urban Dictionary or something.

My confession is that I have no motivation and have done no work this morning. If I didn't have to hoard vacation time for my maternity leave, I would not be here. 
  • T-2 hours until the end of the school day and I feel like I am getting nothing done today (although I have actually been fairly productive in short spurts).  Whoever's brilliant idea it was to schedule a full day of school on the last day before Christmas vacation (when that last day is a Friday and 2 days before Christmas) should be shot.  We are getting out super early this year (as long as we have no snow days - which I'm sure there will be a few at least, I work in the Worcester hills in MA, and we always get a ton of snow).  We should've had today off too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I may have just spent the last 90 minutes eating a Starbucks protein box, bumping in my office
    #sorrynotsorry
    hahahaha

• Glory hallelujah, a box of brochures was just delivered that need to be stuffed with inserts and business cards. That should kill at least an hour :D

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one running low on motivation today.  
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited December 2016
    kassyfry said:
    I hate the abbreviations used on here. I just type all the words out. Hated them when I was in October 15 too. 
    Oh goodness, yes! I haven't looked it up on here, but on TK, the hardest acronyms to guess are the ones that aren't on the list. MOH, MIL, WP are pretty easy to guess. PPD is NOT, and if course, it's not on the list.
  • I wish that the husband wouldn't come home for lunch. It stresses me out and he always chooses to come home for lunch on days that I choose to order take out and then I get a lecture. 
  • @ellie111227 yes! Bedtime and nap time are sacred, and are not to be disturbed or compromised. My wrath is more fierce than God if they are!

My stupid confession. I don't think I've eaten a vegetable since Sunday. 
  • MrsCaliRNMrsCaliRN member
    edited December 2016
    Saw this had been brought up on a different BMB, but I don't see the point in propagating the Santa Claus lie to my DS or any of my future children. I was PISSED when I found out, at 7, that Santa wasn't real. I just couldn't understand why adults I trusted would lie to me for so long and with such relish!

My DH adamantly wants to keep the tradition of Santa alive by teaching our kiddos about the North Pole, elves, reindeer, writing letters, leaving out cookies, etc., but I am having a hard time. I'd like to tell my kids from the jump that none of this is real, just like the Easter Bunny, but they should be respectful of other kids' belief in the jolly, gift giving man. 

Andplusalso, as a Christian, I'm developing a growing concern over the focus at Christmastime in general. This forced gift giving seems to cause more stress and selfishness than is really called for.

ETA: I love Christmas! In case my content and tone suggest otherwise. 

Flame away!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• @Mtnmommy we are the same person! I never eat vegetables when my husband isn't home. He'll come home for lunch sometimes and offer me some carrots our something when he gets them out for himself, and I'm like.... ok, I guess I'll eat one or two.
  • my MIL is annoying at times but truly is a very good/generous person who is also extremely accomplished in her life. her biggest problem is that she has a super dysfunctional relationship with her twin sister who is.......not very well liked by me or my husband (or my FIL or my SIL...). she's somehow convinced my MIL that she (my MIL) is inferior and it really sucks to see the warped dynamic and how much my MIL does for her sister/her sister's kids and grandkids and how little (aka NOTHING) her sister does for my MIL's kids/grandkid. anyway, the sister has been a grandmother for many years now and my 1st is my MIL's first/only grandchild. my confession is that i am glad that our family is expanding and my MIL's world is revolving less around her sister's family/grandchildren and that i know that her sister is secretly seething that she isn't the sun and stars to my MIL anymore and its only going to get 'worse' for her when my second child is born. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • XathXath member
    edited December 2016
    Spoke too soon; totally backfired.  I turned off Paw Patrol and they both realized they are still hungry and want more pizza.  So now not only do I not get extra pizza, but bedtime is going to be delayed so they don't go to bed hungry...

*sigh* FAIL
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I can't get out of the quote box! Ugh.

@MrsCaliRN Our daughter is only a toddler, so this is untested, but we have started to tell her about Santa as a fun Christmas story - like "On Christmas, we pretend that Santa comes down the chimney to leave gifts for everyone. Santa bring so generous reminds us that God is generous and loving to all the people in the world and that we can be generous and loving, too." We don't plan to hide talk of buying stocking stuffers from her and will clarify that it is just a fun pretend story if she asks, but we do plan to do stockings and read some stories about Santa and all that.  I funny remember ever truly believing in Santa, but I still loved the tradition. We will also only do small things as Santa gifts, so the emphasis will hopefully not be so much on what she gets but on the fun of pretending and on trying to be generous ourselves. This year she is getting jumbo crayons, an orange, a new sippy cup, and a couple bath toys in her stocking. Maybe you and your husband could compromise to something similar?
  • Mtnmommy said:
    @ellie111227 yes! Bedtime and nap time are sacred, and are not to be disturbed or compromised. My wrath is more fierce than God if they are!

My stupid confession. I don't think I've eaten a vegetable since Sunday. 
    Agreed. And I support your bedtime rules as well @ellie111227. My son has the same nap schedule and bedtime every day. I have had to have multiple discussions with my parents on why it is the way it is and why I won't adjust it. Not even for holidays. Not my fault you didn't parent my brother and I so I'm parenting my own son and you don't get it. 
  • @NamelessAria wow! That is such a bad situation with your brother's wife! I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that hag!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @NamelessAria, gah, what a peach. I don't blame you for a second. I'm sorry.
  • kahlan82 said:
    @NamelessAria My SIL is no gem either although better than yours. She has two boys, we have a boy, and her brother is having a little boy. This whole pregnancy all I have heard is "you'll never have a girl. We don't have girls in this family etc" She even saw an 9 week u/s and decided it was a boy because it looked like her son's u/s. By the way, I didn't really care one way or another. I thought it might be fun to experience a girl but was 100% cool with a boy again. Well, we are having a girl and a small part of me is like "YES, in your face it's a girl" just because I want her to be wrong, which is super petty.
    I'd feel the same way!

When my mom was pregnant with me, there had already been several grandchildren, including my older sister, born into the family, and all had coincidentally been given first names that start with the same letter. My parents were at a party and someone started going on about how ALL the grandchildren are going to have x letter names and it's a TRADITION and OF COURSE all the grandchildren MUST HAVE x letter names. To which my dad responded "this child will NOT have an x name." 

It broke the cycle (after all, it had been pure coincidence). My parents had an x letter name tentatively picked out for me, but they didn't use it. No grandchildren since have had names beginning with that letter.
  • S@l2rnoS@l2rno member
    edited December 2016
    @namelessaria The back n body pillow is massive. My poor hubs had to hold onto the edge of the bed he was left with last pregnancy. And sorry about your SIL. She sounds like a real peach! 

• @awillis13 I didn't realize you are from my area! i work in worcester too :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @ellie111227 I love ALL of this! Defiently worth bringing up to DH because we'll need a game plan come Christmas 2017. DS is too young now to really know the difference (18 months).

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• @NamelessAria. I would throats punch my SIL if she ever said those things to me... lol sorry you have to deal with that 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • merryleamerrylea member
    edited December 2016

All I want to say is....

Ugggggh... complicated families who are being dicks are so complicated!!!  All I want is a damn drink and I can't have one.  I'll just mow down this plate of Christmas cookies instead.

eta - this should have probably gone on the bitchfest link......

Pregnancy Ticker