January 2017 Moms

D & C postpartum

My question is: Whether My husband can be with me in the operating room when will be necessary Dilation & Curettage if will need to remove missing parts of the placenta after childbirth.

if not I will asleep anesthesia, My husband must stay allow in the room to support me. Of course, will be in hospital clothes. I really want this :(

Re: D & C postpartum

• This probably depends on your hospital's policies - I would ask your doctor. Hopefully your placenta will come out in tact and it won't be an issue! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Yeah I'd call the hospital's L&D ward or your doctor to confirm those details... stuff like that usually varies from hospital to hospital--also unless you have a history of needing a D&C to get rid of afterbirth, I wouldn't be overly concerned or fixated with it--it's not that common and they usually will try other things to get it out before resorting to that.
  • Loading the player...
  • That was a concern with my first birth, and my hospitals policy was no, no one could accompany you, they had to wait for you in recovery. I'm sure it varies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker