April 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 12/24

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Team Blue, Pink, Green? 

Appointments this week?

Symptoms? 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: If you could relive one day in the past, what would it be?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 12/24

• Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Coconut, small doll, spaghetti squash, half a dozen bagels. Most importantly, he's 1 lb now!

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue - Samuel Cruz

Appointments this week? Next appointment isn't until January 9th.

Symptoms? Lots of kicks! Back pain, Braxton hicks, same ol' symptoms.

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? DH has finally finished painting the crib so I made him set it up last night. I wanted to see the finished product against our painted walls! I love it! Now he just needs to do the changing table and the rocker. Luckily, he has all next week off work, so hopefully he will make some major progress.

Rants/Raves/Questions: We do Christmas today! I'm so excited but have a busy day today. We already opened stockings and the boys loved their new pajamas and all the candy!

GTKY: If you could relive one day in the past, what would it be?
    Toss up between the day I married DH and the day DS was born. DH and I married in a quick courthouse ceremony and I wish I had more pictures/video to remember the day. And obviously, the day DS was born was pure magic. That is the day my world changed forever.
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 love the crib!  I'm suck a sucker for white furniture!  I'm slowly repainted every piece of furniture white. Muwahahaha!

How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby?  No clue, I'm so so bad this pregnancy!

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Team Blue - feels so weird to know this time around. 

Appointments this week? Just had one yesterday, all was well.  Got my lab write up to get my glucose test after 24 weeks.

Symptoms?  Near daily headaches.  I know it's about water intake and I'm drinking about 100oz a day.  Just still not cutting it.

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Absolutely nothing. Christmas has taken over everything. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I've saved all of DD's clothes since she was born.  Literally everything.  Most of her newborn stuff is gender neutral because we were team green and I think she looks adorable in boy clothes anyway.  Now that I know I'm having a boy, should I keep saving stuff.  75% sure I'm done after this baby...it's such a waste to get rid of clothes if we have another, but with 2, it will just be even more storage.  What does everyone else do?

GTKY: If you could relive one day in the past, what would it be? DH and I were long distance for the first 8 months or so of our relationship.  I was an AmeriCorps member living on a dime, no car, surviving on food stamps.  So when he came into town, he'd rent a car, we'd treat it like a vacation and just do nothing but enjoy each other all weekend.  It was always bittersweet when he had to leave but we had so much fun together.  I'd relive one of those days.  (We still have fun together, but those days just had some magic in them). 

Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cafedisco I'm with you on the white furniture love! @KirstinH88 crib looks great with the walls!

How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Size of a chinchilla!

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Holding out on Team Green. Found out the radiologist doesn't send whether baby is male or female with the results so only the ultrasound tech knows! Fingers crossed we're in the clear!

Appointments this week? Not until Jan 10

Symptoms? Hips don't lie-they HURT. Going to the chiropractor next week for the first time and hoping for relief. 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Bought our double stroller yesterday! Someone returned an online order to the store so it was marked down to clearance. Too good of a deal to pass up! Also, we are finally taking our first weekly bump photo today. With DD, we took them regularly from Week 10. Better late than never, right? #secondkidproblems

Rants/Raves/Questions: Guys, our babies are four months away. Holy crap. 

GTKY: If you could relive one day in the past, what would it be? Our wedding day. It was an absolute dream. 
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cafedisco @belocin Thanks ladies! I can't wait until the other furniture is done and I can actually get in that nursery and start organizing!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? GI Joe doll or cantaloupe

Team Blue, Pink, Green? Green

Appointments this week? Tuesday, glucose and ultrasound

Symptoms? Heartburn, movement, RLP

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Well, not much. Got a Lille baby carrier for Christmas! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: My kids have been sick with nasty colds. DD had a three day fever and is now complaining of ear pain. I'm so over winter illness. 

GTKY: If you could relive one day in the past, what would it be? Either my wedding or a day with a person who I loved who's passed, like my grandmother. I miss her so much. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Options
    @cafedisco If you're drinking enough water every day, you might try adding in a Gatorade or coconut water as well. Your headaches might be coming from an electrolyte imbalance (sometimes drinking too much water will throw you out of whack).

RE your clothes question (I'm in the same boat, baby 1 was a boy and baby 2 is a girl, we're fairly certain we're done after this): I just went through all of DS's clothes (and bawled my eyes out...he was so tiny!!) and pulled out anything gender neutral and sleepers (I don't care if she wears dinosaur pajamas, haha). I'm going to vacuum bag all of his other stuff that's left and store it for a few years (and will do the same with DD's stuff) just in case. Once we're sure we're done and DH gets snipped, I'll donate most of it (I'm a hoarder, so I'm sure I'll keep some things for the memories, haha). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SnarkasaurusRex it makes me feel better to not be the only hoarder :)

I think I'll follow your just in case plan. And if someone I know has a baby, I can give the clothes to them.  For some reason, that feels easier than just donating to Goodwill or something. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17