July 2017 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• I have been having a horrible time with portion control lately. One day this week I had a slice of an extra large pizza. Minutes later I heated up a second slice.

Yesterday a parent brought in a TON of Dunkin Donuts. I took one donut and wasn't satisfied. I went back to the lounge for another one and felt like such a pig. I didn't even finish it. 

I know the baby doesn't need extra food at this point, but I'm so hungry all the time!
    Oops, this is totally my normal life!
    I second this.  @crzyforbabies I read your post and literally thought "is this is a problem?"
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • @Xath , the alan rickman/emma thompson story line was probably the only one that I liked - not creepy and emma thompson was amazing - she brought some complexity and depth to a character that could so easily become a caricature of a scorned wife. 
    I love colin firth too, but his story line was probably one of the creepier ones for sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I stink. At least I feel like I do. I usually make my own deodorant and I just haven't had the time or inclination. Now there's a confession for y'all
  • @cssme13 your confession made me LOL and now I'm hungry for fried chicken 
  • I'm jealous of anyone who can eat for than 5 bites!!!!! I can't even eat a slice of pizza...before I get to the crust(my favorite part), I'm so full I can hardly breathe! :( It sucks. Been this way since week 6?! 
  • @crzyforbabies @PurplePumpernickel @abmommy15 If it makes you all feel any better, it was freezing cold out last week and there was no food in the house and my husband wasn't home for dinner soooo... I ordered a medium pizza and ate just the cheese and toppings off of 2/3 of it plus one bite of each slice. I have no idea why. And of course then concealed the evidence!
  • @LoveLee85 I am the same way...Buuuutttt...I am hungry every 20 minutes!!  I have found that if I eat "simple" or whole foods, I don't stay as full as long.  The worst feeling is when my brain is saying "feed me" and my stomach is saying "hell to the no!!". 

A week or so ago I made Potato Leek soup - like a 5qt dutch oven full.  I had one bowl and haven't had any more.  It is going down the drain!!  I felt soooo sick after a single bowl that I can't bring myself to eat any more.  It was seriously like I had poured cement into my stomach.  I didn't feel hungry again for HOURS.  And the ms was never worse than the next day (I felt wretched for 14+ hours).  

OK, ok - not much of a confession but I HATE throwing food away.  But lately, I have been doing it quite often.  I am not as comfortable with leftovers (I used to eat questionable things all the time).  And super smell prevents me from digging through the fridge like I used to.  If it even smells slightly questionable, I "bin it".
    * TW *
    Me: 34  DH:38 (Married Sept 2014)
    TTC since May 2015
    IUI #1: July 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2: August 2016 - BFN
    IVF #1: Stims 10/21/16, ER 11/02/2016 (5 follies, 5 fert),
                ET 11/07/2016 (2 blast xfer, 3 frosties)
                BFP 11/11/2-16!! (4dp5dt) Beta #1 (7dp5dt) = 30  Beta #2 (9dp5dt) = 66  Beta #3 (11dp5dt) = 130

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I get so sad because I can't eat that much and I feel like my food goes to waste. Then an hour or two later I'm starving and have to eat again and I don't want snack food I want something substantial. It does pay off having a toddler while pregnant since he helps me finish my meals and then will eat again two hours later. It's seriously a food feast everyday here. 
  • @crzyforbabies oh. Oh you have NOTHING to feel bad about. I am a self admitted food LOVER and I have unashamedly eaten an entire bag of potato chips BEFORE pregnancy. I once ate an entire pizza. By myself. It was like a medium but still. You're fine girl, I'm the one with zero portion control lol. (and no I'm not a large person, and in fairness I am a vegan so I get to eat more food because my food has less calories, but still)
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Chamomile said:
    @crzyforbabies @PurplePumpernickel @abmommy15 If it makes you all feel any better, it was freezing cold out last week and there was no food in the house and my husband wasn't home for dinner soooo... I ordered a medium pizza and ate just the cheese and toppings off of 2/3 of it plus one bite of each slice. I have no idea why. And of course then concealed the evidence!
    If it were me, that bolded sentence would be a euphemism for then going back and finishing off all the rest of it...but you probably just mean a trash bin, huh?
  • Now I'm flaming my mom (I swear my mom and MIL are both lovely people). She forwarded me an email exchange between her and MIL where they were discussing getting together, and how excited they were for my pregnancy, and my morning sickness. My mom called it "a blessing." I get it, but it sure doesn't feel like a blessing, Mom!
  • I'm planning on messing with my MIL at Christmas. MIL has been asking when we were going to have another baby since dd was born. No joke. She actually told SIL she was upset this year because she really thought her Christmas present was going to be another grandchild. I'm planning on telling her we've decided to be one and done when she asks at Christmas. I'm so tired of being asked by her. It's not like she ever helps with the grandchild she already has. 

We're going to tell her the day of the u/s, but I want to mess with her hardcore before then. 
  • I hate missing all the action because I've been shopping.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I'm being vague on purpose but I actually caught the action.... My immediate thought was that it was an intentional move to get people riled up. It was almost **too** perfect and too quick of a flare up for it to be a coincidence. 
  • My FFFC, I like my MIL ALOT more than I like my mother. Probably because my MIL and I are pretty similar, and tend to get each other's emotions a lot more than my mom and I. I've never had a great relationship with my mom, but once I became an adult it was a lot easier, and we started to get along a lot more. Not now. Everything she does is just pissing me off anymore, and then she's pissed that I'm just in a bad mood, and can't seem to understand that I'm just pregnant. In the meantime, I don't think I would have survived this pregnancy this long without my MIL. She has been there for advice, always seems to know what to say, and has just been an amazing support, and so excited for a grand baby (this is her first one). 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • My FFFC is that I have no idea what MUD stands for. It's probably something super obvious.
  • @kat0607 it stands for Made Up Drama

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• MUD = made up drama
  • I just parked in a handicap spot while I picked up food and had no idea until I came out. Fuckkkkkkkkkk!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Growing up, I always ate two slices of pizza. As an adult, my weight always yo-yo'd and I did Weight Watchers for awhile. It changed my ideas of portion, and I try to walk away from that second slice. I am still overweight and not a twig btw haha.
  • abmommy15 said:
    The May and June Llama/Alpaca threads are entertaining me more than they should...particularly because most of their finds are from this board.
    Y'all are entertaining. 
  • abmommy15 said:
    I told DH that picking up dog poo is he same as cat litter boxes so I can't do it while pregnant.  He believed me.
    You win. Respect.
  • kerils said:
    My FFFC, I like my MIL ALOT more than I like my mother. Probably because my MIL and I are pretty similar, and tend to get each other's emotions a lot more than my mom and I. I've never had a great relationship with my mom, but once I became an adult it was a lot easier, and we started to get along a lot more. Not now. Everything she does is just pissing me off anymore, and then she's pissed that I'm just in a bad mood, and can't seem to understand that I'm just pregnant. In the meantime, I don't think I would have survived this pregnancy this long without my MIL. She has been there for advice, always seems to know what to say, and has just been an amazing support, and so excited for a grand baby (this is her first one). 
    Hello self it's so good to finally meet you on the internet. Seriously, this is my life. I could've written that word for word.  I feel your pain woman.
  • @MissKrisBliss lol hi self. I'm really glad this isn't just me. I feel guilty about it a lot, but what are you gonna do right? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • abmommy15 said:
    The May and June Llama/Alpaca threads are entertaining me more than they should...particularly because most of their finds are from this board.
    We're famous!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just spiraled into an alpaca hole that ended with a crazy gender disappointment troll in the June board - i think my fc is that I'm mildly disappointed that she confirmed she's getting what she wanted. that's messed up, right? 
  • I just spiraled into an alpaca hole that ended with a crazy gender disappointment troll in the June board - i think my fc is that I'm mildly disappointed that she confirmed she's getting what she wanted. that's messed up, right? 
    If it's the one I'm thinking of I went back and forth between hoping she wouldn't get what she wants because I'm a b!tch like than and hoping she would.  I only hoped she would because I didn't want an innocent baby to be treated differently because he was a disappointment to his mom....and someone that invested in the sex of her unborn child would probably treat him as a disappointment.  
  • @abmommy15 can you imagine how the older boys are now going to be treated now that she's got her princess?