July 2017 Moms

FFFC

It's Friday! 

Try not to get banned

Re: FFFC

• Reposting here: Seriously though, my FFFC is that DS1 has had a stomach virus for a week and I've let him have pretty much unlimited screen time.  It's been a week of Minecraft, movies, and Kindle.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2016
    @AdaByron I have eaten at a hotel restaurant alone, then gone up to my room and ordered room service and shame ate in my room alone, all while not pregnant.  Then ate all the snacks in my bag at 2:00 am.  
  • DH has a client who is the BEST baker and every year for Christmas she sends him home with tons of Christmas cookies, candies etc that she made. Usually he brings them home I pick out a couple things I want and send the rest back to work for his coworkers. Well not this year! I told him I'm keeping all of it! They're pretty mad about it cause they look forward to this every year(like me!).

Sorry not sorry.
  • @GlitterFish I've been checking the patient portal for my nipt every few hours for the last two days.  I was just battling sadness because the results aren't not posted yet.  Lol.
  • Which test and when, @theweevee? I did Maternit21 Wed 12/14 so I don't think I have a patient portal :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish panorama on the same day!  One of the other ladies took it two days before me and got her results Wednesday so I've been stalking that website.  Nothing yet...
  • My MIL JUST emailed me to ask if I could bring dessert for Christmas Eve. I didn't even have the energy to bake for my co-workers (I usually make everyone granola). We are bringing store bought this year. Not sorry.
  • My MIL JUST emailed me to ask if I could bring dessert for Christmas Eve. I didn't even have the energy to bake for my co-workers (I usually make everyone granola). We are bringing store bought this year. Not sorry.
    For times like this, I buy pre-made peppermint bark and artfully arrange it on a plate, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My FFFC is that I drank more mountain dew than I should have yesterday and I am not sorry for it. 1 day of a little too much soda isn't the end of the world and oh man did I need it yesterday.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I drank a 20oz Dr. Pepper at 630 this AM with my bacon, egg and cheese because that's the kind of morning it is. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • That thread escalated so fast... well, she escalated fast. My fc is that I'm not surprised when I saw her name... I kind of judged her a bit for the VBA2C post even though it's obviously her right to do all the research. I think it was her jumping to "my obgyn is lying to me" that kind of clued me in to crazy beans. 
  • edited December 2016
    @ashaw512  Also true, also painful to see.
  • Also, I get secretly curious what people do with all the time they save typing "u", "ur", etc, instead of typing "you".  

This is a great mystery for me.
    I just snorted.
  • @Itsnotyourturn you forgot bc. Actually I do that all the time and no ones said anything but I'm really just to lazy to write it out. 
  • @morgarita, I appreciate your honesty ;)

• My FFFC is that I drank more mountain dew than I should have yesterday and I am not sorry for it. 1 day of a little too much soda isn't the end of the world and oh man did I need it yesterday.
    I'm not a big caffeine drinker anyway but have stayed away from it while being pregnant. I chugged a coke yesterday after a hellish day and it was the best thing I've had in forever. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

• That's it. I'm getting a fountain cherry Coke today!!!!
  • Fountain Coke is the very best Coke @LoveLee85!
  • Seriously. I don't need the floor a mess when mama shows up. I need Libby!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fountain Coke is the very best Coke @LoveLee85!
    It is!!!! I have been good and normally my caffeine intake goes to a cup of coffee a few times a week(if I'm not feeling too puke like). But I haven't had coffee in DAYS, and I'm rewarding myself with fountain cherry Coke. It sounds awesome so I'm going for it! If only they would delivery it....ha! 
  • I drank a 20oz Dr. Pepper at 630 this AM with my bacon, egg and cheese because that's the kind of morning it is. 
    @dancegurl1118 - Ha love it!
    Also, I get secretly curious what people do with all the time they save typing "u", "ur", etc, instead of typing "you".  

This is a great mystery for me.
    @Itsnotyourturn - Ugh this bugs me too!!
    LoveLee85 said:
    That's it. I'm getting a fountain cherry Coke today!!!!
    @LoveLee85 - Yes! Do It!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• My FFFC is my LO sits in his poopy diaper a few minutes longer than he should because I almost always throw up mid poopy diaper change!!! I have tried lotion on the nose, peppermint chapstick all over my lip and nose. I have also tried to hold my breath and do it quickly. Nothing ever works. I have an awful gag reflex and this kid poops all the time. I will add before I was pregnant I never had this issue. My baby is a 3-5 time pooper a day. Help me. 
  • @LoveLee85 oh goodness! How old is your lo? Are they at an age that they will slow down on their bowel movements or is that just the way they are?
  • morgarita said:
    @LoveLee85 oh goodness! How old is your lo? Are they at an age that they will slow down on their bowel movements or is that just the way they are?
    He's 15 months old and he's always been a 'pooper', unfortunately. LOL It's funny and horrible at the same time. 
  • I have been having a horrible time with portion control lately. One day this week I had a slice of an extra large pizza. Minutes later I heated up a second slice.

Yesterday a parent brought in a TON of Dunkin Donuts. I took one donut and wasn't satisfied. I went back to the lounge for another one and felt like such a pig. I didn't even finish it. 

I know the baby doesn't need extra food at this point, but I'm so hungry all the time!
  • LoveLee85 said:
    My FFFC is my LO sits in his poopy diaper a few minutes longer than he should because I almost always throw up mid poopy diaper change!!! I have tried lotion on the nose, peppermint chapstick all over my lip and nose. I have also tried to hold my breath and do it quickly. Nothing ever works. I have an awful gag reflex and this kid poops all the time. I will add before I was pregnant I never had this issue. My baby is a 3-5 time pooper a day. Help me. 
    I think you'll be ok with that.  I mean, if a kid poops in the middle of the night (and STTN) they often end up in it until morning.  A few minutes to save your gag reflex sounds completely reasonable.  

Going into TMI territory, but is it soft or solid?  Both kids had frequent soft poops for a long time.  Our pedi recommended (I shit you not ;) that we "reset" their digestive system with a few days of entirely crap diet: hot dogs, fried foods, ice cream, cheese --anything to stop them up a bit.  It actually worked for us.   
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
  • Xath said:
    *looks up from eating half a pizza to read @crzyforbabies ' post.*
    Cheers to that. We ordered from my favorite pizza place by work and I've had 3.5 pieces.
  • Oh I have another: I saw Love Actually in earnest a few years ago after constantly seeing posts about the movie, and I hated it. It was so creepy. 
  • Oh I have another: I saw Love Actually in earnest a few years ago after constantly seeing posts about the movie, and I hated it. It was so creepy. 
    I read a really great article about why it's so creepy and awful.  It was well reasoned and really highlited the major plot flaws......

......buuuut I still love it.  It gives me the good feels, and I'll watch anything with Alan Rickman.

• I have been having a horrible time with portion control lately. One day this week I had a slice of an extra large pizza. Minutes later I heated up a second slice.

Yesterday a parent brought in a TON of Dunkin Donuts. I took one donut and wasn't satisfied. I went back to the lounge for another one and felt like such a pig. I didn't even finish it. 

I know the baby doesn't need extra food at this point, but I'm so hungry all the time!
    If I manage to walk away after 2 slices of pizza I'm proud of my self control...
  • How big are these slices that you ladies are only eating 1-2 slices!?!?