July 2016 Moms
Options

Christmas gifts for daycare teachers

What is everyone getting their daycare providers?  In the past I had a in home person so I did one bigger gift card..now with two kids in two diff rooms in a center I have 5 teachers to buy for.  Im debating doing gift cards..  What is a good amount is 20-25 too cheap?  They dont have one main one that I could spoil more than the other. etc...

Re: Christmas gifts for daycare teachers

• Options
    I think that $25 each for 5 is very generous! I always like to include a heartfelt hand written note with my gifts. I've not had to buy for a multitude of daycare teachers, but I have bought for preschool/elementary teachers and our babysitters. I'm a big fan of gift cards for teachers. Not super personal but then they can do with it as they want. If I can find out their favorite restaurant, nail place, or store, I'll get one for there. Target is always my go to otherwise though. This year our 2 sitters each got a Kate Spade Clutch. If funds are tight, I like Starbucks gift cards. $10 there doesn't feel as cheap.
  • Options
    DS has 4 main teachers in his room. I got $8 bars of Bath and body work aromatherapy soap and and putting them in a Christmas bag with tags that say "HANDS down the best teacher" "nobody NOSE kids like you" "put your FEET up"  and "thanks for helping me GROW". 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved getting gift cards to the coffee stand that was in the same shopping area as my school. I also loved getting mall gift certificates (good to any store in the mall), earrings, family Christmas cards, a good chocolate bar, flowers, or wine. 
  • Options
    We gave all his providers a card with a wallet sized my first christmas picture of him. Next year perhaps I'll do some giftcards.
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    declan has 4 main ones who are in the room at his day care so we to 2 boxes of truffles for them to share and $5 gift cards to dunkin donuts for each of them!

i think all of those ideas ppl have listed are great.  if there was 1 or 2 i would prob spend a little more bc there is less!
  • Options
    We did $25 Starbucks gift cards. She has two teachers. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    We did $25 gift cards as well as flavored hot chocolate mixes for each.

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker