December 2016 Moms

SmashJam Birth Story -UPDATE-** TW LOSS MENTIONED**

SmashJamSmashJam member
edited December 2016 in December 2016 Moms
Starting this now so I can focus on some positive happy birth memories in what has been quite the rough day.

Came in Thursday at 4:30 to get induced. Friday at 7:30am I started complaining that I felt nothing and didn't really want to do step 2 and was super sad. Around 7:55 I started getting contractions. Not dialated but soft when checked, super disappointed because I was in pain. Started walking the halls, stopping to breathe through contractions. DH made me use a code word for stopping to deal with the contractions-it was bananas, haha.

Came back in, got in the shower and squated through contractions for a couple hours til I got sick of being hot and wet and dried off, came out to use the foot bar at the end of the bed for squats. At this point t contractions were like my back was on fire so I switched positions. Recheck showed I was at a 6. Midwife and nurse left the room and maybe 10 minutes later I was practically screaming in pain and felt the urge to push. Pushed for 2.5 hours and out she came, born at 1:27 with bag of waters intact, 8lbs 4 oz 21 inches long, lots of dark hair. Did immediate skin to skin, but they took her when they massaged my fundus and dug out clots.

This part is hard. She was having gurgling noises so they suctioned her. Didn't help so they suctioned again. Her oxygen levels were in the 70s but she was moving and wailing so they thought it was just fluid and took her out with pediatricians. Chest x-rays showed fluid in lungs but that doesn't usually cause such an issue so they called an area hospital with a NICU for a transfer. She was airlifted right before 5pm.

At the other hospital, they did an echo and discovered a heart anomaly that was keeping oxygen from circulating the right way. They could fix via surgery in Boston so off she went, and she's there now awaiting surgery tomorrow hooked up to a machine that does what the surgery will do for her, so she's getting full oxygen now. We are going her tomorrow.

This birth was everything I hoped for, except the healthy squish part. I was med free, labor was short, and I was fully present in the pain and letting the contractions do their job-last time I checked out and focused on making it through the pain rather than working with it and I can't even recall certain aspects of the birth. I can't tell you how much the change in mindset contributed positively to my birth experience. Now...To get Lorelai healthy!

Re: SmashJam Birth Story -UPDATE-** TW LOSS MENTIONED**

• Oh @SmashJam, thank you for sharing. You and your sweet girl are in my prayers. I cant even begin to imagine what you are feeling, and I am so glad there is a hospital nearby that can help with her condition. <3 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for sharing @SmashJam. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's heart condition. Sending good thoughts her way for a smooth surgery and quick recovery. Keep us updated! :heart:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh man @smashjam - you're in my thoughts. Keep us updated and great work. Hang in there
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • I'm so glad you had a positive labor experience but very sorry to hear that your girl needs surgery.  I will be sending positive thoughts your (and her) way.  Good luck tomorrow!  
  • You and Lorelai are in my thoughts!  I'm happy you had such a good experience with labor!

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Oh @SmashJam. I wish I could reach through the internet and give you a giant hug. 
    Way to go with your labor, it sounds like everything that I wish my labors could be. It's like a 'labor come true'. I'm so, so sorry that Lorelai needs surgery, at the same time I'm thankful that it is something that can be fixed. And that you were with health care professionals that recognized there was something off. My heart goes out to you and Lorelai, and I'll be sending positive healing vibes your way  <3<3<3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Best wishes on a fast surgery and speedy recovery!

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Huge hugs to you and Lorelai!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing - your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Keep strong!! Lots of internet hugs to you <3
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Big hugs to you and Lorelai! I'm so sorry to hear about the heart issue, but am relieved to hear there is a plan. Prayers for a quick recovery for miss L!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• So many prayers being sent her way❤️ That's so much to process especially after the high of having the birthing experience you had hoped for. Please keep us posted!
  • Thank you for sharing your story, happy to hear the laboring/birth went smoothly med free (gives me hope!)
    Keep us updated on Squish, we are all thinking of her!
  • Prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery for sweet Lorelai. I can't imagine how you feel right now but am sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. Hang in there momma. *hugs*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You and your little one are in my prayers. Praying for the surgery to go smoothly and a full recovery for Lorelai. 
  • Thinking of you Vermont buddy. Hope you made it to Boston safely in this weather and that you get to hold baby girl soon. Sending you both healing thoughts and hugs.

• Hugs!!! Let us know how Lorelei's procedure goes! You'll pull through this!
    Type 1 Diabetic (high risk)

• You and Lorelei are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on how she does with the procedure.
  • Thinking of you and little Lorelai.  Hope that the surgery goes well and she has a speedy recovery!  I'll be keeping you, her, and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Thinking of you❤️ Any updates?
  • I'm so glad you got the birth you wanted this time around! I'm sending so many positive thoughts and prayers to your little one and your family. I hope her surgery goes very well and you can take her home soon! <3 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • ****TW LOSS MENTIONED****

This afternoon our sweet baby girl passed away of multiple organ failure. Turns out a vein going into her heart on the wrong side was also blocked. She was deprived of oxygen to all her organs for such a time that they began to fail today, and the surgery was no longer feasible. We held her as she passed, and I am thankful that I got to be her mom for even the short 4 days that I had her.

I want to thank all of you for your support throughout pregnancy, and wish all of you healthy births and babies. I will occasionally still lurk but will take my leave of the board for now. Creepy internet hugs to you all. :)

• I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I will continue to pray for your family.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh I am so so sorry to hear that. Creepy internet hugs for you. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • I'm so so very sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Please take care of yourself!
  • I am so so sorry for your loss.  

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• @SmashJam My heart aches for you and your family. I hope you find peace & comfort soon! <3
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @SmashJam there's no way to express how incredibly sorry I am. I wish you and your family peace and healing with time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @smashjam my heart breaks for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. 
  • I am so very, sorry for your loss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @SmashJam I have no words. Lorelai was the luckiest girl in the whole world to have you as her mother. You will be in my thoughts as you and your family grieve. I wish I could take all of the pain away. I am so, so sorry. 
  • I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. 
  • I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts. 
  • Oh I am so terribly sorry.  Sending you love, strength and hugs.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• I am so very sorry to hear this. Sending you and your family lots of love during this time.
    My cousin had a very similar experience a year ago, and although you feel as though you may never heal from this, know that there will always be a place in your heart where she lives and loves you.
  • Oh, @SmashJam... there are no words. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Sending you so many prayers ❤️ Please know that we are here if ever you need to reach out. 
  • Ooh, I am so very very sorry; my heart simply is breaking for you....love and hugs to you and yours
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So, so sorry for your loss @SmashJam. I have no words - know that you and your family will be in my prayers. <3

• So so so sorry for you/your family's loss. There are no words. Praying for you!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.