May 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 12/20

How far along?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? (thanks Sunday Ticker for the idea :smile:

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 12/20

• How far along?
    21 weeks!!!

How big is baby?
    The size of endive. 

Appointments? 
    None until mid Jan. 

Symptoms: occasional back and leg pain. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rave: 5 days 'til Christmas, I can't wait to see DDs reaction when opening her presents!!! I also really look forward to getting together with family. 

GTKY: My favorite children's book to read to my daughter is anything by Nancy Tillman. I absolutely love her books. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• How far along? 17 weeks today! 

How big is baby? The size of a pomegranate

Any appointments this week? Not until Jan 3rd

Symptoms? Insomnia and crazy low back pains. And still major food aversions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello Tuesday Tickers!

How far along? 20 weeks

How big is baby? banana (bump app) or Belgian endive (ovia app) 

Any appointments this week? had a quick checkup yesterday. Everything was all good but failed to mention a new symptom I'm having. 

Symptoms? SI joint pain (I think) since the pain doesn't radiate down my leg. It was at its worst right when I got to work yesterday and, of course, we were super busy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Hmmm... not right now. 

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? (thanks Sunday Ticker for the idea smile ) There are so many... like @MrsFox2008 we enjoy all Nancy Tillman books, also Eric Carle and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood ANYTHING, but my son absolutely loves this book... and I do too!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Rants/Raves/Questions?  Hmmm... not right now. 

Ooh... I must say it's odd that for the last week to two weeks, I almost have to remind myself to eat. Trust me, I usually don't have this problem but I guess it's helping balance out the crazy carb cravings I was having in first trimester. OB is happy with my overall weight gain and pattern, 7 pounds to date and slowly over the last 20 weeks! However, let's see what the next week or two do to this streak, LOL. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @squirtgun, Yes, my son loved the "That's not my" series. We, too, have tons of books! I had a book-themed baby shower and acquired so many that way for him. I love seeing his love for books grow and so we're always getting more. When he's a bit older, I can't wait for library visits! As of now, still too much goes to his mouth, lol. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123  see if your library has a storytime for your age kid!!  We go every week and it is awesome!  They don't care at all when kids act like kids- running around, being loud, licking books! (I mean, to an extent. Obviously not climbing shelves or pulling all of the books off  :D
  • @Squirtgun for sure! We made an offer on another house (as we backed out of the huge renovation project we were in escrow for) and there is a wonderful library across the street and a block down from us. Sooooo excited. They even have Yoga Saturdays too!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I totally forgot I was a Tuesday!

How far along? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Tomato

Any appointments this week? None for a while now

Symptoms? Digestive distress

Rants/Raves/Questions? I know that Dr's have protocols they have to follow, and usually I don't like to cause a stir (I pride myself on being the perfect customer). One thing about this whole process that really bothered me last time and I'm sure will happen again this time is how many times they tested me for HIV. I understand the first time, but they tested me again toward the end of my pregnancy and wanted to do it again in the hospital when I delivered. I know there are some crazies out there, but HELLO! I haven't been having rampant, casual sex with high risk partners (I haven't even been having sex with my husband!) or using old needles. Come on, people. 

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? My favorite book as a child was The Giving Tree. My favorite book to read to DS (13 months) is Bugs Galore. 
  • How far along? 18 weeks

How big is baby? Bell Pepper

Any appointments this week? One hour glucose test today and ultrasound in 9 days and 20 hours (I'm not counting or anything) 

Symptoms? Just hungry and exhausted and still have a blind spot in my eye

Rants/Raves/Questions? I got my results back from my glucose test today and if my googling serves me well I passed! 

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? I love so many children's books! Parts by Tedd Arnold has always made me laugh and is awesome for first timer parents and a childhood favorite was Dr. Seuss' ABC. Recently we picked up Kermit the Hermit by Bill Peet at a second hand sale and I adore it! His rhyming is wonderful and the story is fantastic!!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @emilyalso You made me laugh and Wow that is a lot of HIV testing! They offer it once in the beginning for me. I don't even think I did it last time. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20

How big is baby? Sweet potato

Any appointments this week? Nope. Scheduled my A/S for Jan 3rd and I'm super excited. Dr. Wouldn't do it before 20 weeks

Symptoms? I feel like up until 17 weeks I didn't feel pregnant (body related). This past week I've had weird pressure around my uterus area which is new and have had tightening almost like cramps every so often which is also new.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Not really 

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? (thanks Sunday Ticker for the idea) I loved the Bugg books by Stephen Cosgrove growing up, specifically Evil Weevil. Found them when I was younger at the library and for the past few years haven't been able to find them. I got lucky a few months ago when the whole series was listed as antiques on eBay

How big is baby? Artichoke 

Any appointments this week? None until my A/S on Jan. 4th

Symptoms? Negative symptoms are slowing down. I've been feeling the baby move the past couple days which I love! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None I can think of

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? (thanks Sunday Ticker for the idea smile ) I love Little Blue Truck. We did a LBT second birthday for my son and it was adorable. We have so many books but I can't even think of anything else that sticks out in my mind right now. 
  • @mrsrep123. I'm just dropping by (I'm Friday ticker change) and noticed your SI joint symptom. This is a relatively new symptom for me as well, and I mentioned it to my doc last week. She said to sleep on side with a pillow between my knees.  This has helped alleviate my pain drastically. 
  • How far along? 19 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of a mango

Any appointments this week? AS is on Friday!!!!

Symptoms? More or less the same as last week, although the heartburn is increasing. Lots of low back pain after a full day of work.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just so excited for work to be done this week, to celebrate Christmas, and to see the baby again.

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? (thanks Sunday Ticker for the idea smile )  I love The Balloon Tree, Hippos Go Berserk, most Robert Munsch books, and Scaredy Squirrel.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Sorry I was MIA yesterday Tuesday ladies!

How far along?
    20 Weeks!

How big is baby?
    Banana or Endive

Any appointments this week?
    None

Symptoms?
    Heartburn, RLP, backache and lovely constipation!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    This week has been so busy! Looking forward to Christmas and having off from work next Monday to just relax!

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? (thanks Sunday Ticker for the idea smile
    I love anything Eric Carle when I was really little.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
  • @clebl24 thanks! I talked to a spine surgeon colleague to inquire about an SI belt but he basically said it's going to hurt intermittently no matter what.  :( I'm glad you're getting relief. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I'm a day late here with no real excuse except that I lost track of what day of the week it is...

How far along? 20 weeks!

How big is baby? My signature says a pint of root beer, but I'd like to think of it as real beer. Maybe an IPA?

Any appointments this week? None! Which I'm totally thrilled about because I feel like I spent all last week in appointments. 

Symptoms? Nothing really new...my bump is growing and I'm finding it more difficult to do normal things like bending over and picking up the toddler, Also, I feel like my appetite has increased.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't think of anything specific this week. I'm gearing up for my parents visit for the holidays/nursery assembly! My mom LOVES painting and putting things together and my husband absolutely hates it, so I'm hoping we can get most of it done next week! 

GTKY: What's your favorite childrens book? Ooh that's a tough one. My 2 year old DS is a book lover and we read a lot of books. Honestly, my favorites are the ones he loves so much that he already has them memorized, The Little Blue Truck series and anything with the alphabet is what we've been digging lately. Animalia was one of my faves growing up and now happens to be one of my son's faves. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker