November 2016 Moms

All Things Post Partum

13»

Re: All Things Post Partum

• MrsBigTimeMrsBigTime member
    edited December 2016

@mrsbigtime That's nuts! Is that really possible? I don't think I would know the difference between a period and PP bleeding at this point. 

Question: What is anyone doing for massive baby eye gunk? DS has some wicked eye stuff going on in one eye after every cry session and it needs to be cleared so he can open/see. Any tricks?

I don't know! I hope it's PP bleeding, but it sure seems just like a period

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • omg! I just typed a response 3 times and it isn't saving. I guess it's not worth saying! ;)

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Anybody remember what the growth spurt weeks roughly are? I have to assume we're in one but it seems too quick. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • It's growth spurts at 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks and then at 3 months
  • jsmaijsmai member
    edited December 2016
    Anyone getting something similar to lighting crotch as their stitches are healing?  yowza
  • @SandNStarsNJ sounds like a clogged tear duct, massage the lower inner portion of the eyelid with coconut oil 2x a day. Can take a few weeks to open. I'm an optometrist so I promise this is real info and not from dr Google
  • @SandNStarsNJ sounds like a clogged tear duct, massage the lower inner portion of the eyelid with coconut oil 2x a day. Can take a few weeks to open. I'm an optometrist so I promise this is real info and not from dr Google
    Thanks!
  • @SandNStarsNJ
    Most clogged ducts repair themselves by 6 months - 1 year, but my daughters never did, so she had a procedure to place a stent in hers. She needed full anesthesia, but tolerated everything well and we've had zero issues since!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not sure if im just eating awful or what but I swear I look like I gained weight and my belly area is sticking out more. Shouldn't it Be going down ugh. Thought I was safe for weight loss away from the office Christmas goodies haha
  • Is anyone else adapting to life with a toddler and a newborn and want to share stories? I'm a SAHM and so far everything is going as well as can be expected with one exception — my toddler's nap time! He's not a good sleeper and the only thing that keeps his little toddler sleep train from going off the rails is our schedule. Bedtime and nap time, same time (roughly) every day. Well, unfortunately, DD has woken up right before his nap time every day this week, and she does not like to be put down. I make sure she has a clean diaper and feed her, but then I have to to put her down in order to do DS's nap time routine — diaper change, read a short story (I can hold her during that part), and then I hold him until he's sleepy (this takes 5-10 minutes usually) before putting him in his crib — and she cries hysterically the whole time. I don't know what to do. I hate letting her cry, but DS needs a nap and I can only push it back so far. It just breaks my heart to listen to her crying in the other room while I'm getting him to sleep, but I don't know how else to handle the situation when it's just me at home. Hoping this will get better some day soon. Any advice? Similar experiences? Words of encouragement lol?

• @mrsbigtime That's nuts! Is that really possible? I don't think I would know the difference between a period and PP bleeding at this point. 

Question: What is anyone doing for massive baby eye gunk? DS has some wicked eye stuff going on in one eye after every cry session and it needs to be cleared so he can open/see. Any tricks?

I heard breastmilk is great for this - maybe try it if you're nursing!
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmoose5 our DD has different types of struggles now that DS is here. She is more emotional, asks to be carried a lot, wants to sleep in our bed not hers, wants more one on one time than I'm able to give her now, some acting out and tantrums. I'm trying really hard to make sure she knows she is still important to me but it's hard splitting time between to two. I try to do things together with her and DS like bath time, but it's probably not enough. I have tried insisting she act like a "big girl" but I think that just backfires since it usually triggers a meltdown. My new thing is to validate what she is feeling and try and go along with it if I can in the hopes she will get over it sooner rather than later. I'm trying really hard to stay firm on the no sleeping in our bed thing though. I hope once DS is in the nursery and not in a bassinet next to our bed things will improve.

regarding your nap time I'd say just go with the flow and know that your LOs sleep will change a lot in the first year so it won't always be that she is up when you are trying to put DS down. Hang in there Mama!
  • Maybe the STM thing should be a thread because I too am finding it to be quite the challenge! The actual raising of our newborn isn't an issue; it's balancing the two of them and what is rearing its head as jealous in DD. 

I wish I had advice but am in the same boat. DD is 2.5 and very verbal; the first week we were home, every time I fed DS, she would tell me she didn't love me as much as daddy anymore - which totally broke my heart. She's over that stage but is really fighting the jealousy and getting very bossy and defiant, which is uncharacteristic of her. 

It it doesn't help that week one, there was a new baby; on week two she had roseola and week three brought a nasty stomach bug. It's just not her month. 
  • @mrsmoose5
    Do You hold DS in a chair? CAN you wrap DD on you and then snuggle DS at the same time? I've Rarely been able to put DD2 down, so most of DD1's cuddle time has been shared. It's definitely so hard to choose and so hard to be pulled in two directions at the same time!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mrsmoose5 said:
    Is anyone else adapting to life with a toddler and a newborn and want to share stories? I'm a SAHM and so far everything is going as well as can be expected with one exception — my toddler's nap time! He's not a good sleeper and the only thing that keeps his little toddler sleep train from going off the rails is our schedule. Bedtime and nap time, same time (roughly) every day. Well, unfortunately, DD has woken up right before his nap time every day this week, and she does not like to be put down. I make sure she has a clean diaper and feed her, but then I have to to put her down in order to do DS's nap time routine — diaper change, read a short story (I can hold her during that part), and then I hold him until he's sleepy (this takes 5-10 minutes usually) before putting him in his crib — and she cries hysterically the whole time. I don't know what to do. I hate letting her cry, but DS needs a nap and I can only push it back so far. It just breaks my heart to listen to her crying in the other room while I'm getting him to sleep, but I don't know how else to handle the situation when it's just me at home. Hoping this will get better some day soon. Any advice? Similar experiences? Words of encouragement lol?
    I could have written this almost exactly. I have been waking baby about 30m prior to nap time to nurse and he often goes back to sleep. Not always...sometimes he does cry while I'm doing toddler nap routine, but...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone have some PP bleeding for a couple days, then nothing for a couple more, and back and forth with this pattern? I feel like my body is playing guessing games with me!
  • Anyone have some PP bleeding for a couple days, then nothing for a couple more, and back and forth with this pattern? I feel like my body is playing guessing games with me!
    Ugh me! I'm 4 weeks PP and some days I have no bleeding and then the next I have some heavy spotting. So ready for that to go away. 

Also really looking forward to my skin going back to normal. I'm still stained from the iodine they used in surgery except it's not yellow anymore, it's grey. So not only do I have PP belly, it looks like I haven't showered in weeks too.

I have two weeks until my doctor clears me for sex and I'm dreading my husband seeing me like this. 
    Me too... I'm almost out of supplies st this point. 

Don't be so hard on yourself, @mrsmaryk2016!
  • kristah2kristah2 member
    edited December 2016
    @ashleymercado88 me too! I had to alternate between pads and panty liners for 5 weeks! 

@MrsMaryK2016 I felt the same way when we had sex again. In fact i kept my shirt on. Trying to embrace the new body can be really really challenging. Try wearing thing that make you feel really good about yourself. I am sure you are beautiful!!! 
    My iodine also took forever to come off. I was stained red / orange everywhere and many times checked to make sure it wasn't blood! That stuff sucks. 
  • @MrsMaryK2016 I was the same way about sex with this new belly I have acquired and am still waiting to feel like myself. Once in the moment though it was ok and I'm sure your husband is not thinking or noticing it as much as you are. We are much harder on ourselves! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @anne11716 I'm sure you're right and honestly if it was just the tummy I'd probably feel better about it. But this iodine stain is so gross! 
  • I'm having a hard time with how little weight I've lost. I guess I figured since I only gained less than 20lbs it would just fall off after.. and it hasn't. Just frustrating because it's hard to get outside for walks and I have even less time to go to a gym. My husband has tried to initiate sex and I feel too uncomfortable to get into it. I just signed up for weight watchers. Hoping to get out of this funk.
    Yup me. I start to think it is over then it is bright red again 
  • The thought of Sex makes me laugh because we are never in the bed together thanks to this baby not being able to sleep anywhere by himself. Abstinence is my birth control hehe
  • @kvruns UGH birth control! You just reminded me that I have got to figure out what we're going to do about that. H hates condoms and neither of us want me back on the pill. We want to start trying for baby # 2 in September or October so an IUD is pretty much out. We need some type of BC or I will get pregnant (fertile Myrtle over here). Blah being a girl sucks sometimes. 
  • @MrsMaryK2016 I'm in the same situation. I decided on a progesterone only pill. I'd rather not be on it at all but it's better then getting pregnant too fast! So far no symptoms except I'm really tired all the time but not sure if that's pill or baby related. 
  • @kristah2 Haha no way to tell for sure on that one! I guess I'll probably end up on the pill again I just hate how it completely kills my sex drive. A new baby and a dampered libido seems like a bad combo for H.
  • @MrsMaryK2016 me too!! And I didn't realize how much it killed it until I came off to start trying to get pregnant but now of course DH thinks I was like that just because I wanted to get pregnant. And now with babh and being so tired I'm back to not caring about sex at all. It's the only issue we have in our marriage and I should try more I'm just so tireeeeeddd.