Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Monday Bitch Fest Dec 19/16

2»

Re: Monday Bitch Fest Dec 19/16

• Options
    My MBF is DH yesterday. I was being a little grumpy because it was CD2 (and maybe I thought I was special snowflake). DH says he things we are BDing too soon and have to keep doing it after I O. I just looked at him like Umm, nope. I wish I had a good "you know nothing, Jon Snow" gif, but I'm on mobile and it's hard. I feel like I need to give him an education session.
    I gotchu.

Me: 32 H: 32
    Married: October 2009
    TTC#1: August 2016
    BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
    DD Born 10/20/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lulu1180 @ChefRamsay and @JulesDP That's it! Thanks for having my back on that one! My GIF game sucks. 

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. It was just one of those mornings. 

@Dilynne I hate when people (my SIL) drag their feet, then get mad when you move on without them in order to get shit done. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. You did what you had to do. 

@Jess0211 Men are so bad about not looking for things. I'm generalizing, I know. But it's so annoying. Plus he wasn't respecting your time.

@adirat Wow. Sorry about your mom. I'm glad she's learned though. I get so upset when people say things like, "My son has Autism because God is punishing me." NO. It's totally random. A complete asshole can have multiple healthy babies on accident and a wonderful person can have none. It's totally random. Feng shui won't fix it. Positive thinking won't either. You're doing everything you can, so don't let her get you down. 

@icecubeinthedesert it's like a kindergartener lecturing Stephen Hawking. 

@rainbowturtles I can't imagine how painful that is. I wouldn't blame you for taking the card down. Also you're a beast for re-doing your tree. There is no way... 

@lulu1180 I would have been pissed too. Some people are so insensitive. She's not a stranger, she's your sister. She should know better. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • Options
    Adding one more to the bitchfest: TMI

I have had 4 instances of extreme left nipple pain in the last week, two were today. I know it's not TTC related (way too early), but by goodness it is excruciating. It has happened while putting on clothes, rolling over in bed and when my dog went to lay on me. I have no idea what the F is wrong with it, but it needs to seriously stop. Bitchy rant over.
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616
    Thanks for sharing that.  We just gave up on a house because it was a bidding war and we decided we just didn't want to do that right now around the holidays, amongst other reasons.  Good luck to your friend and to you too in your house hunt!  I hope only the first day at work is a clusterduck.  :smile:
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married: 2012
    TTC Since September 2016
  • Options
    *snip* 
    "You should never feel like your ability to bring life into this world puts you at a disadvantage"
    That is an amazing way to put it!  I wish everyone subscribed to this ideal!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @swimsister Thanks for sharing your sister's wisdom!! It's definitely a little more reassuring to hear an HR perspective. 
  • Options
    swimsister said:
    *snip* 
    "You should never feel like your ability to bring life into this world puts you at a disadvantage"
    Except that despite the rules of feminism many women are at a disadvantage because many employers suck. My neighbor is on the exec team of a relatively young company and they are still trying to create a lot of their policies and procedures. Almost the whole staff are 20-30 something women, so she mentioned during a planning meeting that they should put together a maternity/paternity policy. The CEO's response? "You're not pregnant are you? That might be a problem." Also, when he was considering who to send to Australia for 6 months to open a new office, he straight up told her he didn't really consider her, even though she was the most logical choice, because "you just got married so you can't go abroad for 6 months." It may be illegal to discriminate because of these things, but people still do it. And fighting back is hard so often women just avoid the situation by not asking the questions in the first place. 

Thanks for listening. End rant.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."