February 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Cravings?

Admin please delete if this is a repeat thread.

I went back a few pages on this board and couldn't see any thread pertaining to pregnancy cravings, so I figure what the hell I'm curious! What is the one thing your pregnant self can't live without right now?

To start things off I'll say I've got, nothin'. Squat. I know it's going to sound weird but I'm kind of disappointed.  Maybe I should consider myself lucky, but when I imagined being pregnant I always thought to myself, 'what is my vice going to be? What I am going to crave more than anything else?'  I think the closest I've come to a craving is either seeing something someone else is eating and deciding that looks pretty darned good, or wanting what I might be making for a customer(happened with hot chocolate today). Anyone one else have a craving story to share?

Re: Pregnancy Cravings?

• Options
    Between running around after a toddler, getting house chores/errands done and combatting this exhaustion that's hit me in the last few weeks, I'd say I'm craving more than my one coffee a day. I don't indulge but it's very very tempting. 

No food cravings though. I never know what to eat. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @BeckS13 I have been the same way!

I've actually been having food aversions lol. Like, before I got pregnant I loved Chinese food, but since I've been pregnant the thought of Chinese food repulses me! 

Sometimes I will see a food commercial on TV and decide "that looks amazing!" But I haven't had any cravings on my own.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Early on in the first tri I NEEDED an apple and peanut butter right now! And then that was it. I've been wanting sweets every night but that was probably the same pre pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @ColeBug89 I'm the same with Chinese! It sounds awful. Also, the smell of fried chicken makes me wanna hurl.

No major or weird cravings. I'm not the stereotypical pregnant woman insisting mt H go out and buy pickles at 2am. That's a good thing, tho! It means we are getting the nutrition we need and don't have pica :)

@homemake I'm a salty person but Ive LOVED sweets this pregnancy.
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo that's me. Salty person turned sweets lover. My biggest craving has probably been OJ. I always liked it but now am obsessed. Nothing too weird. I attribute the sweets cravings to my lack of beer, which I had most nights before.  My body wants that sugar from other places now. 
  • Options
    I usually have a huge sweet tooth and have not wanted desserts almost my entire pregnancy, besides specific ice cream more recently. I haven't had the typical cravings people joke about, but one thing I have wanted that I usually don't eat is cereal! Specifically frosted mini wheats lol
  • Options
    For me it was bacon & egg sandwiches & chips (which are chunky fries here)earlier in the pregnancy though nothing really more recently.
  • Options
    I have to have chocolate milk!! I bought a 1/2 gallon and finished it in a day...
  • Options
    Sweet tooth, big time. I've never had so much ice cream in my life. 

Also, I literally do not feel well on a day that I haven't had a Granny Smith apple. 
  • Options
    Total sweet tooth over here! I can't tell you the last time I've had a salty snack, which is weird for me. I've also had a ton of cereal and I've been drinking vanilla almond milk. I can't stomach chicken of any kind or eggs. I used to love eggs too! 
  • Options
    Lately it's been sweet stuff, but throughout my pregnancy over all, it's been pasta and milk.
  • Options
    In the first trimester I wanted all peaches all the time. I ate pounds of them. And now I'm really into pineapple. But that's about it - aside from just generally wanting more comforty foods like pastas more often than normal. 
  • Options
    My husband and I were just talking about how I didn't really have any cravings this pregnancy. Plenty aversions, but no cravings. But then I saw a picture for some papa johns new cinnamon bites (Basically cinnamon roll pieces) and I needed cinnamon rolls immediately!! We didn't have any so I ate a piece of toast with cinnamon sugar, but bought cinnamon rolls the next day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Fig newtons are life. I keep hundie calorie packs around so I can have them as snacks in between my GD meals. I need them. All day. Every day. 
  • Options
    When it comes to aversions I'll say that I've gone in a kind of loop.  In my first trimester the sweet tooth I used to have was gone, couldn't look at sweets with out being repulsed. However, in my third trimester I'm probably ingesting way more sugar than I should be; it's like I'm trying to make up for those couple of months I went without.
  • Options
    I've been craving cereal a lot, which I have to be careful of. Also all the sweets! Especially right now when I just want to eat all the yummy Christmas treats. 
    Otherwise it's mostly been things I see and start wanting. But a couple months ago I got a craving and I had to have a cinnamon roll and biscuits with sausage gravy. It was so good! 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to being completely repulsed by Chinese food, I don't mind it not pregnant. Funny thing is I actually craved it during my first pregnancy. 
    The only thing I can't get enough of is orange juice, which was a huge 1st pregnancy craving as well. I go through soooo much OJ. 
  • Options
    Peanut butter and chocolate as of the third tri....which is weird because chocolate was not my friend for a long time. First tri-second tri I wasn't into sweets much, it was mostly potato cravings or cheese cravings. 
  • Options
    I have been pregnant 3 times and never really had a send my husband to the store for pickles and ice cream kind of craving.   Certain things sound better each time,  and I have some aversions.  But no stereotypical pregnant woman cravings. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Peanut butter. I love peanut butter.

And I have REALLY wanted sushi throughout this entire pregnancy, though I think that's more of a wanting-something-you-know-you-can't-have situation. I will be having sushi immediately after baby is born.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I have a random and new craving.  I just went to the store to buy yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting in the can.  I love to bake but I have never ever made a boxed cake before and they have never appealed to me in the least - until this very day!!!
  • Options
    So I have a random and new craving.  I just went to the store to buy yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting in the can.  I love to bake but I have never ever made a boxed cake before and they have never appealed to me in the least - until this very day!!!
    OMG - I wasn't craving anything till I read this...  A yellow cupcake with canned chocolate frosting sounds amazing for some reason.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was craving coconut cream pie and my husband went to Marie Callender's and bought me a WHOLE PIE. I love him. 
    You guys actually have a Marie Callender's bakery? The only time I've heard or seen of it is in our frozen food section. Then I've only seen pot pies and a few regular pies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited December 2016
    kswiger06 said:
    I was craving coconut cream pie and my husband went to Marie Callender's and bought me a WHOLE PIE. I love him. 
    You guys actually have a Marie Callender's bakery? The only time I've heard or seen of it is in our frozen food section. Then I've only seen pot pies and a few regular pies.
    Yeah, they are all over out here! 
    Must be a west coast thing? 
    Its actually a whole restaurant, not just bakery.