February 2017 Moms

FFFC!!!! 12/16

2»

Re: FFFC!!!! 12/16

• So funny musical I have loved are Monty Python musical, Lion King, WIcked,  and The Book of Mormon. All these musical I recommend to people who say they do not like musicals.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @WinchesterGirl Have you ever seen Moulin Rouge? I'm not a huge fan of musicals, but that one I actually loved!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Loading the player...
  • @aussie45 I just listened to elephant love medley this morning because my husband randomly asked me about this movie last night! 
  • @homemake I actually have that whole album. I love it! He has the voice of an angel...
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Live musicals in the theatre are so much better than movie versions!
    Yes, agree with all of you on this. I love live musicals but can't think of any movie adaptations I enjoy. They're always so awkward. Maybe A Chorus Line. 
  • @yogadevil Come sit with me! We can hate musicals together.

@homemake Maybe that's my issue - on film it seems much cheesier and I just lose interest.

@Aussie45 I have not seen Moulin Rouge! I mostly avoid them, although I tried two fairly recently and still hated them.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl - live musicals are soooooo much better. Can't even compare the two! DH and I had a few days in NYC for our engagement and then part of our honeymoon and I was already a musical lover but he had never experienced one until our first trip together. We saw Phantom of the Opera literally front row. It was magical. I've seen Wicked 3 times in NYC and it still makes me emotional during Defying Gravity. We also went to a Blue Man Group performance because he thought it would be cool and it was also one of my favorites. I've also seen Hairspray which was great on Broadway too. You have to experience them in NYC before making any rash decisions hahahahah. 
  • @WinchesterGirl I know a really good musical film that might just turn you around. It's a story of star-crossed lovers.  I think there's a wildcat or two. It might really help you get your head in the whole "I like musicals" game.

I forget the name. 
    Once?
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I'll let you know if I can come up with it.

@Xstatic3333 No, no, no. Stick to the stuff you know. :wink:
  • @tentacular it look some Googling but I figured it out. Kids these days. Harrumph. 
  • birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited December 2016
    @tentacular it look some Googling but I figured it out. Kids these days. Harrumph. 
    I definitely took the original comment as her making a general statement that could lump all musicals together as having the same basic plot line...lol. I was like sure this can kind of be true but still! 
  • homemake said:
    @tentacular it look some Googling but I figured it out. Kids these days. Harrumph. 
    I definitely took the original comment as her making a general statement that could lump all musicals together as having the same basic plot line...lol. I was like sure this can kind of be true but still! 
    It took me a ridiculously long time to figure that out and I know a kid who played one of the wildcats... #pregnancybrain
  • @tentacular OMG, not that one, never that one! *It BURNS*
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • My FFFC: I actually legitimately love High School Musical.